China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

Pro
China glaze is cheaper than other similar quality nail polishes
Excellent formula

Cons
Don't like the color/glitter combo. Too cheap looking

Overall, I wouldn't repurchase this since I really hate the color. It's surprising because I love red polishes. Out of the 32 red polishes I owe, this is the only one I honestly don't like.

on 3/29/2014 11:50:00 AM

Looks terrific with the China Glaze Top Coat. Without the top coat the color looks slightly dull and cheap. Without the top coat it reminds me of child safe nailpolish. Chips quite easily.

on 3/1/2014 8:19:00 PM

This is a lovely sparkly ruby red. Its gel like and goes on super easy

on 2/12/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like the glitter. It clumps up at the bottle neck.

on 2/4/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Meh, to me it's a little juvenile looking. The red is slightly pinky, and with the sort of plastic-y finish on it, it just made me feel silly when I wore it. More of a teenage color. If I'm going to go for a flashy, too young for my age look, I'm going to go all out and wear some real glitter nails. I just don't get why it's so popular.

This is a gorgeous red jelly that's surprisingly smooth considering how much glitter is compacted into this. It's so beautiful especially on my pale skin (it kinda makes me look like a vampire teehee) but this is one of my many favorites from china glaze. The only thing I have to say that's bad is that it's just a bit of a hassle and they're super sparkly-ness make me really distracted

on 1/18/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MUA reviews don't lie. This is the most beautiful polish I own. Ruby Pumps is a red jelly with microglitter that somehow dries completely smooth. It's fully opaque after 2 coats, and adding a topcoat gives the color extra dimension that makes me gasp every time. It's my go to color for everything from punk rock shows to days at my conservative job in finance when I need an extra boost of power and confidence. I can't imagine a skintone on which this wouldn't look completely stunning. The only polish I hoard and the only polish I'll continue to buy again and again.

on 1/16/2014 4:19:00 PM

It's a great Xmas/winter time polish. Great staying power, beautiful power with not overwhelming glitter. A keeper!

on 1/13/2014 9:55:00 PM

It is just beautiful. Micro glitter that is mesmerizing but not over the top. A lovely red from a distance and even better close up. One of my favorites.

on 12/12/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Definitely a must have, this is a seriously jaw dropping stunner. Ruby Pumps is a super sparkly spectacular red glittery jelly polish that is completely opaque in 3 coats. This was released as part of the Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection several years ago and was limited edition, but thanks to the high demand by polish lovers everywhere, the folks at China Glaze heard and added it to the core collection! I pulled this out for a Christmas manicure and fell in love with this beauty immediately. The first coat was a bit thin but it built up quickly and the super sparkle is simply stunning. This was a fantastic formula to paint with and application was easy and I was able to take my time and paint meticulously since this doesn't dry too fast. This dried with a smooth finish and was not rough like glitters usually are. The polish dried to a beautiful finish but lost a little of the sparkle in the drying so I added some Seche Vite fast drying top coat and this simply stuns now. I wore this for a week and it had no chips and only a little tip wear, and best of all this was easy to remove and did not require extensive struggling as glitter polishes tend to do. I got several compliments on this beautiful red polish and I am so glad they added this to the core collection, this is perfect for year 'round use and not just for holiday sparkle.

Popular Polishes