MAC Lipstick in Creme de la Femme

4.4

on 6/17/2012 3:55:00 PM

This is my HG lipstick for day wear. I'm NW20 and this pinky/lilac is beautiful on me. When I want a tad more color, I line and fill in my lips with Half Red liner. I've even had makeup artists at the MAC counter compliment my lipstick and ask which one I'm wearing.
I always wear gloss too and alternate Posh it Up and Nice Buzz with my Creme de la Femme lipstick.

on 6/17/2012 3:31:00 PM

This lipstick is SO DRYING. Which is such a shame because it is so beautiful. On my lips, it is a bright but muted pink with, almost a gold, shine to it. It is so gorgeous and versatile, looks great with deep brown eye makeup. I bought this when I bought MAC Creme De Nude, the lady "thought" I said Creme de la Femme and had me swatch it, I immediately fell in love with it. So, I guess the dryness is a small price to pay for the pretty color, just got to moisturize and keep applying. PS I've also found that this color is much prettier without a gloss over it.

on 5/30/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this lipstick! Its sort of a neutral baby pink on me with a sort of lilac-ish undertone. My skintone is a NC42 for reference. It goes with pretty much any makeup look and doesn't ever look overdone. My only issue with this lipstick is the staying power. You constantly have to reapply, but other than that, it a great go to lipstick. I wear it quite frequently.

on 9/11/2011 11:27:00 PM

This lipstick is easy to wear, and can be worn pretty sheer or heavy. I always put on some sort of moisturizer before putting it on, because it does dry out the lips a bit. Definitely exfoliate your lips before wearing this! It does have a frosty like, more lustrous color, and is the prettiest shade of pinkish/gold. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but that won't stop me from using every last bit!

on 8/11/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this sight unseen and based off of reviews here. So glad I took the risk! Looks beautiful against my cool NW20 skin. Applies sheer, but very easily built up. I paired it with MACs magenta lip pencil and Oyster Girl gloss. Gorgeous! Will def repurchase when I run out.

on 7/21/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Nice color, but the mediocre texture would keep me from repurchasing. It's paler and less frosty/shimmery than I had hoped, but overall still flattering on my fair skin. The texture is dry (not glossy or moist at all, really), but I like the pinky mauve color enough that I'm making it work; I layer it under docile and nymphette lipglasses, and over syrup and viva glam II lipsticks. Whirl liner also adds some depth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MAC lipstick fan, and I do think this colour is gorgeous; both in the tube and on. Although, I do think it's rather dupe-able. I was cleaning out my makeup stash a few months ago, and I remember throwing out a NYC lipstick in Orchid, (I think that's what it was, it had Orchid in the name for sure) thinking "what the hell, it was 2$, I can buy it whenever." Dtupidstupidstupid. In all honesty, the only few differences between the two are that the NYC is slightly frostier, and at best a tinge deeper. If you love the colour of this lipstick but don't want to spend/have the budget to accommodate MAC prices, you should definitely try the one by NYC :)

on 5/18/2011 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm torn. The colour is simply fabulous- frosty pink with lavender tones and slight gold shimmer. Very pretty and looks fab against my NW20 skin. A perfect shade.
The smell is lovely too, like a vanilla-flavoured cake.
But then is the consistency... ...it makes my lips feel dry but it doesn't actually dry them out. It settles in lines in my lips like only the cheapest lipsticks do. It's thick, it's lacking gloss, it loses most of the gold shimmer once on the lips. Yes it does stay long but so do many other much more pleasant lipsticks. It feels good enough for every day wear yet there are so many better lipsticks.
I bought this one because I have a MAC on my doorstep and I had no time to go Harrods and pick up my favorite Dolce & Gabbana Shine Lipstick in Emotion (high-gloss mauve pink with gold shine). Creme De Le Femme is similar to it but different enough. Great for every day and so close to my lips that I can apply it with eyes closed. I like it... but due to its consistency not enough to buy it again. It's ok-ish and this is not enough for me.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

My favorite lipstick of all time. It's such a gorgeous pinkish/purple color, and it's very underrated. It looks good with just about anything!

on 2/17/2011 5:12:00 PM

I love thyis lipstick.It was the first MAC lipstick that i got and I fell in love.I think it very wearable for most people.While some of MAC's pinks are not for everyone this one is.

Popular Lipsticks