August 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lipstick in Creme de la Femme

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This lipstick is easy to wear, and can be worn pretty sheer or heavy. I always put on some sort of moisturizer before putting it on, because it does dry out the lips a bit. Definitely exfoliate your lips before wearing this! It does have a frosty like, more lustrous color, and is the prettiest shade of pinkish/gold. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but that won't stop me from using every last bit!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kvjake05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Bought this sight unseen and based off of reviews here. So glad I took the risk! Looks beautiful against my cool NW20 skin. Applies sheer, but very easily built up. I paired it with MACs magenta lip pencil and Oyster Girl gloss. Gorgeous! Will def repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice color, but the mediocre texture would keep me from repurchasing. It's paler and less frosty/shimmery than I had hoped, but overall still flattering on my fair skin. The texture is dry (not glossy or moist at all, really), but I like the pinky mauve color enough that I'm making it work; I layer it under docile and nymphette lipglasses, and over syrup and viva glam II lipsticks. Whirl liner also adds some depth.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by HoneyLustBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MAC lipstick fan, and I do think this colour is gorgeous; both in the tube and on. Although, I do think it's rather dupe-able. I was cleaning out my makeup stash a few months ago, and I remember throwing out a NYC lipstick in Orchid, (I think that's what it was, it had Orchid in the name for sure) thinking "what the hell, it was 2$, I can buy it whenever." Dtupidstupidstupid. In all honesty, the only few differences between the two are that the NYC is slightly frostier, and at best a tinge deeper. If you love the colour of this lipstick but don't want to spend/have the budget to accommodate MAC prices, you should definitely try the one by NYC :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm torn. The colour is simply fabulous- frosty pink with lavender tones and slight gold shimmer. Very pretty and looks fab against my NW20 skin. A perfect shade.
The smell is lovely too, like a vanilla-flavoured cake.
But then is the consistency... ...it makes my lips feel dry but it doesn't actually dry them out. It settles in lines in my lips like only the cheapest lipsticks do. It's thick, it's lacking gloss, it loses most of the gold shimmer once on the lips. Yes it does stay long but so do many other much more pleasant lipsticks. It feels good enough for every day wear yet there are so many better lipsticks.
I bought this one because I have a MAC on my doorstep and I had no time to go Harrods and pick up my favorite Dolce & Gabbana Shine Lipstick in Emotion (high-gloss mauve pink with gold shine). Creme De Le Femme is similar to it but different enough. Great for every day and so close to my lips that I can apply it with eyes closed. I like it... but due to its consistency not enough to buy it again. It's ok-ish and this is not enough for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by luvtolaugh1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite lipstick of all time. It's such a gorgeous pinkish/purple color, and it's very underrated. It looks good with just about anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love thyis lipstick.It was the first MAC lipstick that i got and I fell in love.I think it very wearable for most people.While some of MAC's pinks are not for everyone this one is.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Creme De La Femme is a Permanent lipstick and has been since January of 2002. It is often described as a pink laced with gold. And although that is true I find this lipstick to have quite a bit of purple in it as well. It is a Frost Formula. I like the color. It is very bright and I describe it as somewhat of a "happy" shade. It is very wearable for having such a strong purple undertone to it. I don't think people should be afraid of this lipstick. It is a great starter lipstick for someone who wants to get started in purples. I am NC20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I can't explain it myself but Creme De La Femme is very wearable as a light clean blue pink lipstick. Although yes it does have a slight gold shimmer in it and it's a Lustre. It looks great on and without much trouble, or mixing with something else. I'm an NC45.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off for quite some time, it was the closest thing that I could find from MAC that was the closest thing to their limited edition "Florabundi" shade way back when. It works well with my cool undertones and the staying power is wonderful.