October 30, 2014 | 1574 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by CupcakeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This cleanser did absolutely nothing to clean my skin. It's gentle, that's for sure, but does nothing if you have really oily but also sensitive skin. I didn't feel like my skin was clean after. Gave to my sister who has dry skin and she likes it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product off and on in the past 7 years. It is a staple as an alternating cleanser at home. If I use it everyday, I find it too drying. It is perfect for when I have a bad reaction to a product, this clarifies my skin, so that no residue of the bad product remains. It does that without over drying and stripping your skin. The smell is subtle and it doesn't linger. The packaging and price are great as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by GemmaBenge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using for about 7 weeks now and i'm really pleased with it! So good at removing makeup and gentle enough to use twice a day. Would recommend to anyone with combination skin. Best cleanser ive even found at a drugstore/supermarket. Will repurchase. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cleanser for my sensitive skin after years of using cleansers that were too harsh for me. I didn't feel like spending the money on the similar Dermalogica product so I opted for this less expensive alternative. Very nice product, though the "foaming" cleanser is more like foam, i.e., it feels like you're washing with air, not at all what I expected. But it cleans nicely and it's very gentle. And you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ilikejuice

This is my HG face wash. My skin is sensitive, combo/dry and it has only gotten more dry with age. Other face cleansers that claim to be gentle and calming are not gentle enough for me and still dry out my skin. You know that "squeaky clean feeling" we all look for? Yea, that's actually really drying and damaging to your skin. After you cleanse, it should feel comfortably clean and that's how my skin feels (not stripped of all oil my face ever produced). When I use harsh face cleansers, my skin ironically becomes more oily, probably to make up for the lack of moisture. In fact, when I use this with Olay Complete All Day UV SPF 15 Complete Moisture for Sensitive Skin, my skin looks completely balanced and healthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by apeacherryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product definitely calms my skin and the foaming action is lovely, leaving my skin soft and even-looking. While I have been using this product for a long time and would re-purchase, I now only use it at night. With sufficiently oily skin (such as mine), before lunch time I can feel too shiny, especially around my nose area. I recently began using the Simple Foaming Cleanser (going good so far) which tingles my skin but provides a deeper clean for being out all day. This is still a wonderful product for before bed when the natural oils repair my skin while I sleep!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best facial cleansers I have ever used! It removes ALL of my makeup, including waterproof mascara and it does not sting my eyes. Best thing about it is that it does seem to be very gentle on my skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin, but a lot of facial cleansers make my skin feel tight and dry after I wass, and this one doesn't. I've already purchased a second bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome at removing makeup! I'm in a circus, and this past week have been using this to remove the thickest airbrushing, paint, GLUE, glitter, intense eyeliner etc..it takes a few pumps but definitely gets it all off which is a small miracle. It also foams really nicely and my skin surprisingly looks a bit clearer...*but I'll update on that after using it longer*. That being said, I don't know how gentle it can be if it's that good at removing crap from your face.... But it hasn't irritated my oily acne prone sensitive skin either so ya I like this a lot so far :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This made my skin react something terrible. It looked and felt like my whole face was stung by a bea and did not really heal for 2 weeks or so. Don't get me wrong I really wanted to like this. So weird because I count on aveeno line so much for their positively radiant cleansers, moisturizers, as well as the clear complexion moisturizer and bb cream to never break me out or produce oil on my skin....but this one is by far the worst product I have ever used. Yes my skin is reactionary. But that is still no excuse. Shame on the line. Also the clear complexion cleanser was similar, but not as bad as this one. this one is by far the worst thing ever

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by bandella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had rosacea since I was 15 (lucky me!) and have almost an additional 15 years trying to tame it. I tried this product once many years ago and stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything for me. After some recent research, I decided to give it another try, along with the Ultra-Calming Moisturizer. Hoo boy. I wish I hadn't.

Since my rosacea showed up, I've only had the redness, so I guess that makes me fortunate in one respect. Ever since I started using these two products, though, my rosacea has flared up with a vengeance and brought with it all the itchy, burning, and stinging sensations that I've never really dealt with before. I haven't changed anything at all in my diet or makeup routine, so I know it's either the cleanser or the moisturizer (or maybe both) that have caused this.

Granted, using both products in combination does make my extremely dry skin feel softer and more hydrated (though it's still flaky, but I'm not looking for a miracle here, either), but I've also noticed pimples showing up in places I've never gotten pimples before. And HOW. All over my cheeks (which is where I primarily concentrate with the cleanser, given that's where my rosacea is worst), but also my nose, chin, around my mouth, and basically just everywhere. So the marginally softer skin really isn't worth it for me.

I've been using these two products consistently for almost two weeks now, and it seems like everything's just getting worse. Definitely will not buy again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dunk my head into a bucket of ice to try to calm down the stinging and burning that this stuff has caused.