Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

I really wanted to love this powder. It goes on beautifully and matches well... AT FIRST!

Give it 30 mins to an hour and it oxidizes like crazy on me. I turn bright orange. Not a good look. I tried it with and without primer. With and without moisturizer. All kinds of combinations to see if I could stop it from oxidizing. Nothing worked. I'm bummed, because I love the coverage. Anyone have any tips maybe? I guess the ingredients just don't like my skin.

I am going back to my Clinique Almost Powder, which never seems to turn orange on me.

I wanted to try a different powder foundation, so I bought this to replace my BareMinerals foundation. This did not provide enough coverage for me compared to the BareMinerals foundation, and it also did not have any coverage in photographs. It would be good for someone who wants extra coverage over powder/liquid foundation or anyone who wants very minimal coverage. Other than that, I would not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this powder foundation when I had a period of sensitive aggravated skin with red areas and burning feeling after I washed my face. I didn't want to use liquids not to disturb skin with rubbing. I tried the powder in 07 color option and got amazed how comfortable it felt on my dried out skin. It lasts well, looks natural in any light and is not drying at all. I now wear it with pleasure instead or on too of tinted moisturizer.

Im quite disappointed with this. I had high hopes considering the price tag and the nice ratings here on MUA. I bought this from Sephora's website, and while choosing a foundation color online can be tricky and is probably not reccommended, that wasn't the case here. Sephora lists this as a powder foundation that is ideal for people with oily skin, so I bought it based on reviews here and Sephora reccommendations. However, when I go to the Clinique counter and the website, this powder is NOT reccommended for people with oily skin at all. With that said, this foundation applied wonderfully. The color was perfect, the coverage was adequate (medium coverage), and it was so silky and quite lovely AT FIRST. I even applied my ELF HD finishing powder just to ward off any oilies. That did nothing for this disaster. Within a few hours,maybe three, the color oxidized and my face was an oil slick. I wasn't even aware of the horrendous mess, when my fiance asked me if I had put self tanning lotion on my face. Which I had not, it was just the face powder. Oily skinned gals BEWARE!

I am having a love/hate relationship with this. I have been on search for a replacement for my favorite powder foundation, Maybelline Purestay, which sadly was discontinued.

On the love side, it covers very well for a powder foundation, goes on and blends so easily, the color that the SA recommended for me is a great match, and feels light and natural on my skin.

The hate, well, first of all, it transfers like nothing I have ever used. And I get oily breakthrough very quickly, and look like a shiny mess.

It looks so pretty when I first put it on, if it would stay like that, it would be perfect. I don't know if I will buy it again or not. For the price, I would have to say no. But who knows. This search for a new powder foundation isn't going very well. Frustrating.

Edited to add: I tried Cover Girl Simply Powder. I cant say that this Clinique foundation is any better or any worse than the Cover Girl. I can get 3 or 4 of the Cover Girl for the price of one of the Clinique, so now I have to say, no, I would not buy the Clinique again.

I have a very blotchy face and visible spider veins, but I don't like spending too long on my makeup in the morning, so this powder foundation is just perfect. It evens out my skin tone beautifully, and as an added bonus it also seems to be very camera-friendly. I just apply after moisturizing and I'm fine for the day. The only drawback is that it does tend to cake up on my nose where my glasses sit, and I also need to avoid my eyebrows or I end up with powdery flakes in them. On special occasions, I prefer liquid foundation and loose powder, but for a flawless, everyday look in seconds, this compact is unbeatable.

I'm in love with this powder! It has the softest finish and covers so well. It's quick and effortless! I will always re purchase this!

THIS IS AMAZING! This powder covers absolutely everything without looking caked on. I am just obsessed with this poser. It lasts all day, and looks extremely natural. The only issue is that the powder breaks really easily in the packaging which can be wasteful. Have I mentioned that I love this product? IT IS AMAZING.

This has become an HG product for me, I'm a MAC NW20 and Matte Neutral fits my skin tone perfectly. I'm on my second compact and I love it. I simply cannot wear liquid/cream foundation, rubbing it or patting it on my skin emphasizes my pores and flakes on my face for some reason and I have tried SO many. I love this because it's a powder and it's quick and easy to apply. I simply press it in on the areas I need it, specifically my T-Zone and under my eyes to set my concealer and then I just whisk the excess away with a large powder brush. It is a medium/full coverage powder foundation but you can control that by using a powder brush to apply instead of the sponge they provide for a lighter coverage. The only negative things I have to say is I wish it controlled oil a little bit better and it does tend to wear away a bit over the course of the workday. However, I'm not super oily so that's not a huge problem and what powder doesn't need an occasional touch-up?!?! Also I have been applying it over Clinique's Instant Pore Perfector in Invisible Light and that combination keeps my T-Zone looking a little more matte. The grand finale...sometimes I also use this to cover eyeshadow fallout, it even covers the darkest eyshadow messes!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ugh. This was a terrible powder foundation for me. I couldn't find a good color match, and it oxidized like crazy. It faded so patchy on me. Returned it.