April 18, 2014 | 1153 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Chieraa

This stuff made my sky so oily and shiney. I hated it. Especially in the sun. Absolute waste of money

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

I just finished up my second compact today. And have just got two more in the mail from belks. this product has me sold. I am set on 10 matte medium. The only thing i hate is how easy this powder breaks!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not found a powder that works as well as this one! I use this as a setting powder because I like full coverage for my acne and acne scars. I always use a sponge to press this onto my skin and the finish it gives is AMAZING. Even if my foundation looks like it's just sitting on top of my skin and doesn't really blend well, when I press this powder over the top, it makes the foundation look absolutely flawless! Very smooth and absolutely high coverage. It's incredible. If you have horribly oily skin, this might not give you the oil control you need. I have quite oily skin and this does an okay job, not the best. I have dry, flaky areas on my face as well because of acne medication and somehow this powder just camouflages them when pressed on top. The thing I don't like is that the powder does transfer quite easily (I don't use any setting sprays or anything), but because it doesn't cake, using it for touchups throughout the day can make your skin look flawless again easily. Definitely recommend, will continue to repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I have this in matte beige in my Clinique all-in-one color palette. It works really well and it stays matte for a long time. But when i bought this on the plane and the stewardess said there was no colour to choose from but i figured its alright, but it end up and lot lighter but its still not really noticeable. I also set this with rimmel stay matte pressed powder so I only use that to touch up if shine started showing midday. Hands down the greatest powder out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

I have this product in Matte Cream. I mainly like this powder because it is not white at all and does reduce oil on face. I do have to apply after a few hours but I don't mind since most powders don't really stick to me anyway (unless they are super heavy, which I don't like). I don't really use the sponge, since I think it absorbs too much product -- I use a powder brush.

I also agree that it is not useful for people to give low reviews for this product not doing enough for oily skin. This product is a lighter product made for those with less oily skin. If you are looking for a Clinique powder that is a better shine reducer, you should be looking at Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder or Almost Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Natley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in the middle of tropical, humid Nicaragua, so it is imperative that I find a powder that keeps my oily face dry (for at least a couple of hours). I have not found a powder that covers my (light/mild) acne and keeps me from sweating as good as this one. I am not a fan of Clinique's anti-blemish acne soap, but this product really does everything for me. It is true that it looks a bit heavy when first applied, but it does do its job of keeping my face looking smooth and dry (using a powder brush gives a more natural look, than the sponge that cones with the product). I have it in "matte-beige",which is the perfect color for my skin tone. I have bought this 3 times already, and I will be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly good powder. I use it with a powder brush to not have a heavy application. It is not my HG product, but will continue to re-purchase until something better comes along. The color does not change and requires just a few touch-ups during the day, which is acceptable for me. As of now, I am happy with this powder and do recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder, I've been using it for many years. I tend to use foundation that gives light to medium coverage, so this powder is perfect for me. It gives a lovely matte and natural finish. When I don't wear foundation, I can wear this on its own for light coverage. My sister who has flawless skin uses this without foundation and she looks even more flawless (if that's at all possible).
Other pros: not silky and thin, doesn't cause break outs, doesn't make my skin oily (although in summer on really hot days I tend to use an oil free powder ), perfect for setting my foundation, helps cover my rocacea.
Cons: price - here in Australia we pay $50+.

My skin is fair/medium on the fair side. I say cool due to my rocacea because it makes my skin look pink but before I used to have a slight yellow undertone. In this powder I mostly use Matte Neutral, in winter I alternate between Matte Neutral and a lighter shade -Matte Ivory.
For reference in foundation I am: Clinique Superfit 05 Neutral, Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 03 Ivory, and Clinique Stay True in Stay Ivory.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me. It gave very good coverage, for sure. However, within an hour of wearing it, I looked in a mirror and BAM my face was so oily and shiny that I could have been a reflection of the mirror I was looking at.

I guess its different for everyone. If you are looking for coverage and have dry skin, maybe throw in a little primer and this might work for you. As for me, I was looking for coverage for oily skin and this did not work.

**EDIT**

i used this for about three weeks (a few months after my first review) and it works pretty well. it does make my face shiny still but when i lightly top it with Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder, it stays mattified for about 4 hours. Because of its good coverage, (and the addition of dream matte) im making it 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by allisonbarbie

I absolutely love this. Works great over bb cream for natural looking moderate coverage. Wear over foundation for very full coverage. Looks pretty in pictures. I think my shade sometimes looks a little funny though in natural light.