November 28, 2014 | 836 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by anibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the old packaging so it's nice to see they added the newer pop top. Marcelle have been showing up in drugstores lately and is readily available. this can go as cheap as $12 at 5 fl oz compared to MAC Gentle Off eye&lip makeup remover which is $21.50 at 3.4 fl oz.

It does leave a film after using it.

I has zero scent and not dyes are added for colour and has similar ingredient to MAC's

Marcelle
AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOMETHICONE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINÉRALE, ISOHEXADECANE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROCHLORIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, LAURYL METHYL GLUCETH-10 HYDROXYPROPYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, POLOXAMER 188, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-4 DILAURATE,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by k_styler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my number one eye make up remover for over 5 years. I have tried many brands and kept finding that most didn't do a great job at getting it all off and many stung my eyes! I found that with other brands I had to rub and rub and rub. Awful for your eye area! I used to use Lancome Bi-Facil eye make up remover and it was wonderful but pricey. Marcelle Gentle Makeup remover gets everything off easily and is made for sensitive skin! It does not sting my eyes and I don't have to sweep my eye area multiple times. I love this product because my eye area is left completely clean. There is new packaging out and I don't like it as much as the old screw off cap. The new package has a pop up lid and I find that I squeeze out more. I use this product in the mornings on the end of a q tip to perfect any eye liner or brow pencil lines. With the new packaging I am wasting more to squeeze it onto the q tip. This is minor, and my only disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

I've been buying this make-up remover for over 6 years now and I have no intention to switch to anything else as it does the great job at removing even waterproof mascara and eye liner and it's perfect for my sensitive skin. All it takes for me is to shake the bottle, moisten a cotton pad and press it against each eye lid for about 10 seconds, wipe and wash my face and I'm good to do. Mineral oils moisturize the skin around my eyes and I never have to worry about chemicals stripping my skin of it's essential oils. My mom is a die-hard Bi-facil by Lancome fan and I suggested she tried it as it's a fraction of the cost she pays for her favourite and she said although she found it "not as soft" as bi-facil, she said that if times got rough, she'd switch to Marcelle as it's second best in show. Everything from the price to quality is great except you have to be careful with product dispensing as you can easily pour too much.

Update 12/16/2010 Got a pesky millia under my eye. Not sure what it was caused by but it wasn't there while I took a long break from makeup. I keep using the remover and don't see any additional popping out but it may be caused by it. Maybe I'll try jojoba oil or EVOO as my makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I purchased this after I ran out of Lancome's Bi-Facil. I just assumed my makeup was hard to remove. I'd remove my eye make up, wash my face, and then have to use remover again. Well, this does not happen with Marcelle. It does the job, and after I wash my face, I don't have the surprise racoon eyes from a botched eye cleaning job. I am a bit put off by someone's comment on millia, because I did notice white bumps showing up under my eyes, but they have not really exploded into something unsightly. I use this and carefully wash with Cetaphil, to ensure there is no lingering mineral oil left behind. So far I've been using it for about a month, but I will update if there is any reaction or any millia.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by goshGirL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOW I USE IT: I use this to remove my makeup at the end of the day. Start off by shaking the bottle well (the oil and other ingredients seperate so you do need to mix it up!) and then I pour some of the remover onto a warm moist cotton pad. I will hold the cotton pad over my eye, with gentle pressure, for about 20 seconds each to give the remover time to break down the mascara and liquid liner. After I've removed my makeup I follow with an exfoliating cleanser.

THE GOOD: Veryyy similar to Lancome's expensive eye makeup remover (my mom uses that one, so I've tried it). My makeup just glides off, no pulling or tearing. It doesn't take too much of this product to get the job done. The price is right: less than ten dollars here in Canada. You can buy it anywhere (Wal Marts, Rexall, Shoppers, any pharmacy in Canada basically). This product doesn't irritate my skin at all. I like this product a lot.

THE BAD: Can leave my skin feeling a little bit slick or oily after (it does contain mineral oil after all, which is why it glides over the face so easily) which is why I ALWAYS follow up with an exfoliator or cleanser; want to make sure there's no leftover oil to clog my pores. Also, the packaging is so-so, you have to pour it out of the bottle, which is tricky because sometimes you pour too much!|

THE VERDICT: I really like this makeup remover. I've been using it for a few years now, It gets the job done well. I alternate between this and my Dove Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. I would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Applefizz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for a good eye makeup remover and I've finally found it. I loved it the first time I tried it. It took the makeup off pretty effortlessly and it didn't leave your skin oily. I had pretty heavy eye makeup (ie. cream eyeliner, waterproof mascara, etc...) and it removed all of it. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by cleanmyface

I got this makeup remover almost two years ago and it was the first one I ever purchased. I didn't start using it until on and off again for the past few months, i wont buy it again b/c i know there must be better products but i dont think its horrible. it seems to take makeup off pretty decently but its the only liquid makeup remover i've used so i have nothing to compare it to. I did notice someone saying how this product caused those little white bumps milia to form, and i actually get that on my forehead mostly and i use this product every time i wear makeup. I always thought it was just my skin and just something i had to deal with. I only have a little left so i'll use it up and i've been wanting to try olive oil to take off my makeup so i'll see if there's any improvement with the bumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I picked this up in Canada. It is a dupe of Lancome Bifacil for about half the price. Removes all eye makeup with no tugging. Love it.
I will grab a few backups next time I go to Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:19:00 AM More reviews by saraxiao

I heard a lot of good things about this product before and i decided to stock up on it when i went to Marcelle Warehouse Sale lately. It works really well compared to Neotrogena one which I used before becaued it won't sting my eyes. This eye makeup remover is very gentile and easily takes the makeup off but you don't feel greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is alot like the Lancome's makeup remover- similar packaging, even. It does take off all makeup. Actually, any remover I've bought has taken off everything--because I use hot/warm water on my eyes beforehand, then it doesn't matter what you use-it could be a cheap remover. The hot water helps break up the makeup, and no, it doesn't take any more time. I also do this so that I'm not ruining my lashes. This stuff is cheap and great. Also doesn't irritate the eyes.