TiGi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

3.1

No no no no. DON'T BUY THIS. I have fine, highlighted, straight hair, so I thought this would be a good purchase. I was using in conjunction with Ion protein conditioner, so I thought this would be an awesome idea. Spoiler alert: it wasn't.
My hair kept getting increasingly dry and brittle, was falling out, and breaking at every turn. My hair literally felt like straw. I was losing so much hair, I thought something was medically wrong. I would like to reiterate at this point how dry my hair was. It was really dry. Also. My hair was dry.
I thought I was getting too much protein from the conditioner (same symptoms), so I quit using both for about a month. At this time, I decided to give just the shampoo a try again. One wash was enough to make me regret that. Dry dry dry. Breaking, nasty feeling, and dry.
I honestly have no idea why, Tigi is a decent brand, and this stuff is made for color-treated hair. Perhaps the "pH Balancing" which it claims to accomplish really just screws everything up. I don't know. But I am scared to try this ever again, it gives me nightmares, and now I'm actually afraid of a hygiene product. Great.
But seriously, goodness, do NOT buy this. It sucks, it's drying and stripping, makes your hair feel like straw, and it scares me. Don't do it. :O

on 11/8/2013 10:30:00 AM

Okay this is my first review on here. I have been reading for years. I have never been so disgusted with a product I have purchased in my life. DO NOT BUY THIS SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER!!!!!

I only bought this because I am a licensed Cosmetologist and it was on sale for $3.50 a bottle at the salon store. Not even worth that price. I have been using it about a week now and could not for the life of me figure out why my hair has been feeling so AWFUL.
I thought it was my Purology mousse so I switched back to Matrix. Hair still felt like greasy straw. I thought it was my Kerastase Elixor so I stopped using that. Still felt like straw. Thought it had to be my Big Sexy Hair powder play or dry shampoo so I stopped that as well. STILL FEELS LIKE GREASY STRAW. I am sitting at work disgusted at my hair I cannot wait to get off work and buy a different shampoo/ conditioner. When I wash the conditioner out of my hair I thought it felt strange .. so gross.

I will never ever trust this company again for selling such an awful product. $1.99 Suave works 10x better than this stuff. So disappointed, but at least I didn't spend the money most of you did. Feel sorry for you all. :(

on 11/7/2013 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this recently (May 2013) and it has a new packaging now (white bottle) than what is pictured in the image here. I am a natural level 7 (dark blonde, light brown) hair color, with thin coarse/curly hair. My hair has never been soft and silky and "normally." Generally always frizzy. On top of that, I dyed by hair to a very light blonde color. I bought this in hopes of restoring some silk and shine and movement to my hair. At first, for perhaps three weeks of using this shampoo and corresponding conditioner, it worked well and I had little to complain about. Then I don't know what happened but my hair started to behave differently. It started to get greasy and oily, and not even softer or less coarse. It actually got more coarse on the underneath part. So then I stopped using the conditioner and only used this shampoo. That helped a little but eventually I had to abandon this whole set and I didn't even use half of it. The positive side is you get a lot of product, it has a pump, and I think it smells good. But downside for me was it made my hair greasy and gross, unmanageable, and overall just a waste of money given I threw away the receipt by the time I realized it wasn't a good product for me.

on 11/4/2013 7:24:00 PM

What IS this stuff!? Nothing like shampoo and conditioner, that's for sure. I had really high hopes. A few months ago I bleached and dyed my black hair light blonde and it was so dried and fried. I have been using all the repairing products I can find and it's slowly getting back to normal. I thought this stuff would be great, I have used Superstar, Urban Antidotes and Brunette Goddess by TiGi and have really liked them all. The liter combo pack was on mega sale at my local salon for $25 so I went ahead and bought it. The shampoo smells okay and lathers well. But when it rinsed out my hair felt like dry straw, but not clean at all. I used the matching conditioner and when my hair was dry it was awful. Waxy, impossible to brush, just absolutely disgusting! I'm not one to write bad reviews and I was really sad it was so horrible, but save your money and buy something different.

on 10/31/2013 3:06:00 PM

Used to use the old packaging and formula, it was great and smelled like pineapples and happiness. They switched the packaging into white bottles..the smells totally changed.. Smells like cat. When I used this, I felt a terrible thick greasy residue up and down my hair wherever the conditioner was, didn't have that slip conditioner gives my hair normally, . I couldn't run my hands through my hair and it felt horrible, absolutely horrible. This is one of those products that make you think, wtf were they thinking?

on 10/6/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I HATE this shampoo/conditioner Dumb Blonde by TIGI(In the white bottles)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SMELLS LIKE CAT URINE! The worse part.......I used and used and used for one whole year. I had purchased a large quanity of both at JCP for a great price. Now I know why it was so cheap. My HAIR STARTED FALLING OUT! I went for a check up thinking something was wrong with my tyroid gland. That was ok so I started thinking well maybe because of my age or stress. Many people start losing hair as they age or under a great deal of stress. I was stress about losing my hair no other stresses in my life. I took a bag(reg size sandwich ziplock bag) of all the hair I had lost in 4 weeks and showed my daughter/mother and they were amazed at all the hair loss. I had been losing that much hair (one reg size ziplock sandwich bag) was filled monthy for one whole year. I am pretty blessed I have lots of hair but in a matter of one year my HAIR HAD THINNED so much : ( I never attributed this to the HORRIBLE SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER. My hair was actually falling out long strands every time I shampoo/conditioned my hair. When I tried to comb it with a large toothed comb it was so MATTED, TANGLED, KNOTED. Month after month it seemed to be getting worse. I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT FOR NOT REALIZING SOONER THAT IT WAS THIS HORRIBLE STUFF THAT HAS CAUSED SO MUCH PAIN TO ME. I WOULD CRY AND CRY AT TIMES BECAUSE ALL MY HAIR WAS FALLING OUT. I Know I'm going to get lots of judgemental comments about what an idiot I was for not realizing this sonner of going through 1 whole year of this.Your right I was an idiot!!!!!!!

on 9/20/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Second ingredient is.. Ammonium Lauryl Sulhate !!!
why do nr 1 reviewer here lie about that ?
It´s THE most Drying you can put in your hair, which explains why I could have used my bleached poodle-ball of hair to clean the sink after using this and it would NOT make any difference. Had to cut it off to get a new start

Avoid Shampoos that smell this strong and have a list like this..

Aqua (Deionized Water)
Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate Cocamidopropylamine Oxide Glycol Distearate Propylene Glycol Wheat Amino Acids Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Panthenol Sodium PCA Quaternium-26 Polyquaternium-11 Amodimethicone Polyquaternium-7 C12-C16 Pareth-9 C11-C15 Pareth-7 Trideceth-12 Glycerin Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride Methylparaben Citric Acid Benzophenone-4 Parfum (Fragrance) Methylchloroisothiazolinone Methylisothiazolinone CI 17200 (Red No. 33) CI 42090 (Blue No. 1)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My hair is blonde, but brown underneath. Before I get in the shower on my hair washing days, I separate my hair so I can wash the brown with a brunette color protecting shanpoo, and the blonde with this shampoo.

And I love this stuff! It smells like candy, and lathers up real nice. It great at protecting your blonde hair and keeping in vibrant. I do still have to use a purple shampoo every once and a while, but that's fine.

on 8/11/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like the dumb blonde shampoo okay but NOT the conditioner. The shampoo lathers well and smells nice and seems to rinse clean. I use this and Kevin Murphy products and my hair likes that.

Update: I really love KM and O&M. I haven't repurchased TiGi.

on 7/30/2013 8:29:00 AM

I am bleaching my hair since I was 14 so it's been 5 years now. I've noticed my hair getting really dry, due to heat damage and all the bleaching. My hairdresser always recommends what is best to use for my type of hair and everything he recommended so far worked out amazing for me. He also recommended Dumb Blond by Tigi.

Bed head products have never let me down so far, so I figured I might aswell try it as my hair needed specific care. I bought the shampoo and the conditioner although I did read some bad reviews about it. I even asked my hairdresser if it wouldn't leave my hair greasy but he said it depended on what kind of hair you have... Never thought a shampoo or even a conditioner would leave my hair feeling greasy.

The smell of both shampoo and conditioner is great! But IT DOES LEAVE YOUR HAIR GREASY! After drying my hair it was left unmanageable so I ended up washing it again with another shampoo and conditioner. Didn't expect this at all so it left me very disappointed. Do not buy this product, it's crap and way too expensive for what it is. Too bad Tigi!