Chanel Glossimer - Pagoda

4.6

on 1/1/2009 9:35:00 PM

The only reason it does not get a 5 rating is because I think there are slightly prettier colors (like hibiscus). But if I did not try others this would be fantastic - great consistency, beautiful pink, feels great on lips.

on 12/21/2008 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Very pretty color. Pinkish-brown, definitely MLBB. Pretty creamy consistency, and good staying power. Price is steep, but I like this gloss only for special occasions when I want glamorous elegant lips. The only thing I didn't like was that it is quite metallic. Packaging is gorgeous!

on 10/7/2008 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this color forever, but I just discovered it. It's been sitting in my make up stash for months untouched and now I feel like I can't live without it. I love this color. It's been my go to gloss. It looks darker in the tube than it applies. It's a beautiful medium rosy shade that's so pretty. It's great for everyday. It adds a pop of color that's not too much. As with all glossimers, I love the texture. It's gel-like and so smooth, never sticky. Love.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Might just be my HG MLBB lip gloss. On me it's a medium rosy/mauve with slight shimmer. I couldn't stop staring at how nice it looked lol. Wonderful texture, no gloopiness or stickiness at all, felt like I had nothing on. Decent staying power as well, as there was still a hint of color even after eating & drinking. Will rebuy when I run out for sure. (NW15 w/med. pigmented lips for ref.)

on 7/9/2008 6:03:00 AM

I got this as a gift and I was pleasantly surprised. Usually I don't like getting makeup as gifts because I'm very picky in what I use. From the tube, it looks like a lovely shade of neutral rose, but it looks even better on! I also loved that the consistency was thick but not sticky, which makes it stand out from all the other lip glosses that I've tried before. Although this was my first glossimer, it's definitely not my last.
EDIT: I am very disappointed at how it looks approx: 1hr after application. What remains is a weird coat of glitter, which turns me off from this LG. I've used other glosses with gorgeous shimmer without the nasty glitter left over like this one. I will continue using this, but I don't think I'll purchase again to look like a 6th grader with her glitter gloss. Hopefully other glossimers aren't like this one.

on 6/7/2008 10:31:00 AM

beautiful color! i can wear this with a lot of blush shades. its very versatile. gives me the soft, kissable lips look. only complain, it doesnt last. but im willing to re-apply as many times as needed. i love this!!!

on 5/30/2008 12:53:00 AM

My favorite glossimer to date. Neutral but not boring, Absolutely adore it! *Edit: I have tried at least 5 different glossimers now and this remains my HG lip color. Have repurchased 3 times. I recently wanted to change things up and bought nekkar and spark instead. Both are pretty colors, but not HG like pagoda.

I never used to like Glossimers until I tried Sirop and then Pagoda. It's such a pretty rosy bronze w/ gold shimmers that work beautifully with my tanned skin and pigmented lips. will repurchase.

on 5/6/2008 5:08:00 PM

Just started my 4th tube of this stuff; I keep trying new glosses but this is my desert-island HG "MLBB" pinky-mauve with subtle shimmer. Great on it's own or over lipsticks like 3CC Warm Violet in Winter and Armani Silk #7 in Summer. [For reference I'm LM TM in Nude and GA LSF in 5.] My only [slight] complaint is that the tube is designed so that you can't reach the last 20% of product.

on 4/4/2008 1:45:00 AM

Pagoda is one of the few Chanel glossimers that I actually finish in a season (3-4 months) because I reach for this lipgloss so often. It doesn't got on the lips as dark as it looks in the tube - I get a little bit of warm rose, a bit of bronze, and a teensy bit of peach. It coordinates perfectly with the rest of my makeup and clothes at work. The texture is typical Chanel - thick, gel like, not sticky, moisturizing, unscented, and wears off evenly, I'm almost done with my 2nd tube and will be replacing it.

For reference I'm Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, and GA LSF 5.5 in skintone. continued >>

Popular Lip Glosses