TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 2/23/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a great stuff and I will definitely buy it again. Protects from heat and my hair is much less damaged now, after 2 times of usage. Makes easier to straighten your hair. I just with it could make hair styling even less time consuming and easy.

on 2/16/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It smells good, makes my hair soft, and most importantly protects it. I have very thick hair so I usually have to use the highest setting and I feel safe doing that because this stuff really works.

on 12/6/2014 10:56:00 PM

This is the only heat protectant I've tried and because I don't take an iron and fry my hair often it's just about lasted me forever. Having now finally come close to finishing my bottle I can still say that I still hate the overwhelming scent of this product every time I spray it. I hold my breath when I spray and I pray that when I go out the wind will blow the scent away and stop it from lingering in my hair.

I can't actually tell how well it does in terms of heat protection but I suppose it'does well seeing that I don't think my hair is visibly damaged after ironing. One of the things I do really like about the product is the spray head, it's disperses the product in a really even fine mist and this product is undetectable on the hair meaning it doesn't leave a residue, film or gunk.

on 11/22/2014 4:33:00 PM

I have had this for a long time, and am now almost out of it. I bought it because I felt guilty about using a flat iron, and wanted to try to combat the damage caused by it. I have seen no long term difference in my hair from using this. I don't even see short term improvement. I used this a couple of days ago after letting my hair air dry, but it didn't look very good so I wanted to use the flat iron to neaten it up. It looked straighter from the flat iron, but just as dry and frizzy as it looked before I sprayed this on.

on 11/22/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So many people rave about this heat protectant. It's the go to heat tamer at the drugstore. I didn't like this product at all I tried to like it but I just couldn't. It left my hair sticky and dull and it was just horrible. Never repurchasing this again.

on 11/11/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually won't review a product with so many positive reviews, but this is so awesome, I had to!

Like 80% of the population, I heat style my hair. I have been on an every other day washing schedule for the past ten years. It started off as being lazy in college and then I realized how much longer and stronger my hair was getting because of avoiding all the torture washing, drying, etc. daily does to your hair. But I digress...

I apply this to hair that's been "towel dried" (up in a loose, towel turban for 5 or so minutes), spraying liberally to the length of my hair, on the underside and top. I will also do a few quick sprays to the root area. I comb though and let it "set" while I'm applying my makeup, which during the week is a 5-10 minute ordeal. I comb through again right before blow drying and have at it.

This spray smells amazing, as many Tresemme products do, and detangles like a dream! The spray bottle gives the perfect amount of product and the addition of a locking mechanism is an extra bonus. After blow drying, my mid-back length, fine and dry/frizzy-ish hair is smooth and tangle-free. I am losing a lot less hair during the drying process and combing out after.

I like to have super smooth and straight hair, so I follow drying with a few quick and light sprays. I wait 5 minutes and then run a flat iron over my hair. The results are great and I'm noticing my natural texture isn't peeking out halfway through the day. I only just starting using this formulation but I am not noticing my hair looking worse, damage-wise, than before. The price is also great and you get a lot of product. I am having better hair days and I have this to thank for it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure if it's actually working... I mean I think it is... This review is dumb.... Hmm... Although I use the heat protectant I can still see that my hair is still getting really damaged. I have very fine hair and it's really damaged. I wouldn't buy it again.

This stuff is awesome!! I apply it right before I straighten my hair,and it only takes about 5 mins or less to dry, and when it dries it doesn't leave my hair hard or greasy or weird or anything like that. It just smells soooo good, leave smy hair soft, and it protects my hair from heat damage. What more can I ask for? I have tried Garnier Fructis Heat protectant, but it does not stand a chance compared to this one! I have gone through about 15 bottles ever since I discovered this(which was around freshman year, now I am graduated). It does last 2 or 3 months but if you use it every day it will last a month or so... I'll keep buying it!

I've owned this a fair few times and it seems to do an okay job. It doesn't leave any scent through my hair and dries quickly when sprayed. The spray evenly distributes through my hair and helps detangle a little.

I can't really comment on the heat protecting side of this since who knows if a heat protectant is actually working? There's no real way to tell. But my hair doesn't seem to be getting any more damaged and I straighten my hair almost every day so I guess it's doing something!

I'm currently using the keratin version of this and I can't really tell any differences. I normally gravitate towards different products once I've finished a bottle but I always repurchase this if I can't find anything new.

on 9/22/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this stuff! It smells fresh (although a bit chemical-y), the spray has a nice trigger action and coats my hair well, and it's very reasonably priced. This doesn't seem to leave any kind of residue on my hair and it seems to be helping my hair get and stay healthier. This is the first heat protectant I've used, so I don't have much to compare it to. I use a blow dryer regularly, but not a flat iron. I might try something else when this runs out, just for comparison's sake, but I wouldn't have a problem buying this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials