July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I made a mistake when I bought this. That mistake was also buying concealer, which I have never needed with this foundation! It's still a light to medium coverage foundation, but it blends everything so well I have yet to use concealer. I consider myself a make-up snob. Drugstore make-up is never an option for me. But I've been on a BB kick and had no foundations, so I grabbed this one at CVS since it was 50% off, I liked that it was oil-free, non-comedogenic, and had Olay peptides. Olay is one of the few drugstore brands I'll ever trust. I still like those things but here's a full list of pros:
1 Does NOT build up around pores or wrinkles. I'm 23 but I feel like my make-up makes me look 43 sometimes, the way it emphasizes my wrinkles by the end of the day. This doesn't do that, at all!
2 Colors, there are so many, they all blend well, and I love that some of the fairer shades have warmer undertones.
3 The radiance! I know it's in the name, but it really does make your skin glow without being shiny.
4 Coverage - I don't need concealer on blemishes, this covers so well. It also evens out my little redness.
5 Doesn't get greasy and lasts all day.
6 The pump is AMAZING
7 Doesn't break my super sensitive skin out. At all.
Cons:
1 It does oxidize to a warmer pinker/oranger color without powder. With powder, it was fine.
2 It feels a little funny to touch, almost tacky or sticky. Once again, with powder, not noticeable.
3. Feels a little heavy for the medium coverage.
4. Not really buildable, I haven't yet had a blemish that this foundation wouldn't blend or cover, but if someone has more significant redness than I do, I don't know if it would work.
You should wear powder over your foundation, so my cons are minor, but as someone who doesn't always have time for a powder application, it's a little annoying.
I wear 115 Natural Ivory and apply one large pump over my entire face with a synthetic, curved foundation brush. I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This did not work for me cause my skin tends to hate anything with a radiant finish. It's to bad cause it looked so lovely on my friend! I'd recommend this for normal to dry skinned girls. Love the packaging and love how it looks on other people!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product. I am not a big fan of Cover Girl but after reading all the great reviews for this product, I had to try it. The colors were very pink and none came close to matching my fair, olive skin. This is pretty typical of CV to me. I have never found a shade that came close to matching my skin. The shades lean toward chalky and pink.
The closest was an Ivory shade and it was too pale and gave my skin an ashy looking cast. The formula was thick and went on nicely but set to a dull sheen. It also made my face look bumpy. Perhaps it filled in my pores like Bondo. I don't have any bumps on my face. I am also no a fan of the cloying scent that was a bit lemon with a hint of green tea scent.
The only redeeming features of this product were the pump top and the moderate to full coverage. I would not buy this product as I don't want to look like I am wearing an colored bumpy mask on my face. I also would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Nikki209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday foundation . I buy it over and over again . I actually find that it has alot of coverage , and is very buildable . Most foundations dry my skin out , but this one doesnt at all !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Whoa! Way, way too greasy for me. This looked nice for about an hour & then my face turned into grease city. This might be great for dry skinned peeps but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by couldyoupleasehold

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friends and family never know what to get me for christmas so they usually just get me makeup. Just before christmas this year i ran out of foundation so i went down to the shops in search of a cheapy to make do til i got more. I saw this, the price is very reasonable and i was with a friend who said she liked it so i bought it.

When i got it home however i was quite disappointed. It has great coverage you could not see a spot on my face when i had this on and i also managed to match the shade perfectly to my skin tone, however the foundation just sat on top of my skin in a layer and looked very cakey. Then, after only a couple of days of using the product it gave me a massive breakout with huge red pimples all over my face. Usually i get the odd pimple and a few blackheads over my nose. Before this product i had never had a pimple on my cheeks and suddenly my whole face was covered in them.

It is fairly oily so i bought the matching powder also. I wouldn't use this as an everyday foundation or even for short periods regularly, but when i've got nothing left in the house and am going out at night it would do just fine as long as i washed it off as soon as i got home.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by evillittleme

I got this foundation on a whim because I found it in the bargain bin at Woolworths for $4.20. Some of my best makeup finds have come out of the same bin but in this case, let me say I can understand why it was in there.

I bought the lightest available colour and while the colour match is good for my skin, I do not rate this product at all! For one, the coverage is quite uneven and wears off after a few hours. However, my biggest complaint is the effect this foundation has had on my skin! I have quite sensitive skin but I've never had such a weird reaction from a foundation - on my chin, the skin has dried out so much it is literally flaking off me! I look like I have chin dandruff. The rest of my face is so greasy it is like an oil slick.

I cannot wait to scrub this nasty stuff off my skin the minute I get home!

Not to mention it smells really weird when you put it on. Quite unpleasant.

I've never really used Cover Girl foundations before and after this experience, I won't bother .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by LoveMaiah

I have never come across a foundation with this great of a consistency! I have been using 110 "classic ivory" for about two years now and it's my everyday foundation. It is so easy to blend and feels like velvet on your skin. As for the packaging, the pump is very convenient and leaves not so much as a drop in the bottle by the time you are done with it, so you get absolutely everything out of it that you pay for. I believe the price is fair for this product and it will last you a good few months because you don't need to over use it for complete coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this foundation, it goes on smoothly, blends well and has good coverage. I am pale and cannot use this in the winter, only summer months....even with the lightest shade available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I tried this on the back of my hand in the store. I know most drug store foundations tend to be either very pink or orange on my pale olive skin. The palest shade they carry was a white-pink and the second was very pink. I was disappointed. This felt fantastic on my skin and if only drug stores brands would learn: NOT ALL WOMEN ARE PINK OR ORANGE.