Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

on 12/28/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Great shampoo for the price! Definitely will repurchase. Goes well with the conditioner. My hair is softer and shinier.

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner/frizz cream combo off and on for the past few years. It's dirt cheap, smells amazing, cleanses effectively, and makes my hair feel soft and smooth without weighing it down. I know it has sulfates and other bad stuff in it, but it works great for me, especially if I treat my hair with virgin organic coconut oil prior to shampooing. It lathers up really nicely and smells so good. I've never used the Matrix shampoo it's supposed to be a knockoff of, but this stuff works nicely for my long, normal hair. Definitely recommend if you want smooth, healthy-looking hair without paying an arm and a leg.

on 11/11/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I really like the shampoo and conditioner combo, it smells fresh and salon-y, with a hint of coconut, and the shampoo is glittery silver colored with a thick consistancy. It lathers well, and prevents my hair from tangling during washing. The conditioner is a thick cream consistancy, and feels very hydrating.

The trick for me with this shampoo is to rinse longer than I would with a clear non moisterizing shampoo. That ensures soft hair with no greasy afterfeel.

on 10/18/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

What enticed me in getting this product is that it is claimed to be similar to Matrix and I figured since it's so cheap for both shampoo and conditioner that I might as well try it and it would be a great value if it holds up to the quality of a high end brand. Well, I'm still on the fence whether this actually is similar quality to a high end brand, but it doesn't make my hair any worse so that's pretty good to me. And it also has a nice scent that is not overpowering. I like that the value pack is a pump bottle too.

on 10/12/2012 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased the shampoo & conditioner in a combo pack with pumps. I have long, thick, Asian hair and my hair is naturally straight, but recently it had been getting a little wavy and less smooth looking. I always air dry my hair and hardly ever use any heat tools.

The shampoo is pretty nice and lathers really easily leaving my hair feeling nice and clean. The conditioner isn't watery or thick and seems to do a nice, but not super moisturizing job at conditioning my hair and rinses out cleanly.

Since I use the the shampoo and conditioner together, I can't really say how the shampoo performs on its own. Overall my hair looks sleek, shiny and doesn't feel dry. I only use the conditioner on my ends, but my whole head of hair if nice and shiny looking which I can probably attribute to the shampoo.

The shampoo has a slight fruity, floral scent which I like. It's not as strong of a scent like Garnier Fructis. The smell of the shampoo and conditioner doesn't linger in my hair which can either be a good or a bad thing depending on your preference.

on 8/21/2012 11:30:00 AM

I recently bought this shampoo and conditioner, I am so impressed, my hair is kind of dry , so I am so picky about shampoo and conditioner. The sleek shampoo and conditioner line made my hair is so soft and shiny without being greasy . The next day my hair is still is soft without being greasy. FANTASTIC. New favorite !

I have long, fine, dry, color-treated hair and have used many drugstore shampoos with mixed results. This is the first one that I have used for more than three days straight, it's that good. This shampoo cleans my hair and leaves it soft without weighing it down. The matching conditioner is equally amazing. A little of both goes a long way for me. And it's dirt cheap, I can't believe I finally found something that I really like for two bucks! Update 7/7/12: I still love the shampoo but I have found that Suave Professional Conditioners make my neck and back break out. At first I thought it was the shampoo but thankfully it wasn't.

on 3/18/2012 9:34:00 PM

I just started using this about 3 weeks ago. I don't have the old formulation to compare it to so idk how good the other one was. All I can say is that I really like this one! A friend recommended this and I was really surprised it was any good. Lathers up really nice and leaves ,y hair really silky. I wash it and don't brush, I go to sleep and the next day it looks like I curled it but at the same time it looks really shiny and sleek. I'll stick to it for a while. Im really loving it!

on 2/6/2012 10:41:00 AM

God, I hate it when Suave reformulates. I LOVED this stuff when it was in the orange bottle, it was my HG (before I even knew what a HG was...LOL) Now it doesn't work as well on frizz and the scent is sickeningly sweet and stays with my hair all day. I used to like sweeter scents but now they just give me a headache. Really disappointed.

2 stars only because it is cheap and it isn't 100% totally awful. I am tempted to find some in the orange bottle on ebay or something...

on 12/30/2011 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My hair: Fine, long hair that gets dry in the winter, and so does my scalp. Hair is not chemically treated, natural color. It has past heat-damage from blow-drying however I have not heat-styled it for 5 months now.

I recently bought this shampoo and I like it. My hair doesn't feel weighed down or like it has build up from it. This is pretty good for a cheap shampoo. I really hate Suave Naturals, so the Professionals series is a pleasant surprise. I doubt I will be able to use this during the warmer months without getting an oily scalp, but it's working great for the dry, winter months.

This is for the new silver bottle, which I think has a new formula.