August 29, 2014 | 1356 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by carsandparties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner/frizz cream combo off and on for the past few years. It's dirt cheap, smells amazing, cleanses effectively, and makes my hair feel soft and smooth without weighing it down. I know it has sulfates and other bad stuff in it, but it works great for me, especially if I treat my hair with virgin organic coconut oil prior to shampooing. It lathers up really nicely and smells so good. I've never used the Matrix shampoo it's supposed to be a knockoff of, but this stuff works nicely for my long, normal hair. Definitely recommend if you want smooth, healthy-looking hair without paying an arm and a leg.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by starlamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the shampoo and conditioner combo, it smells fresh and salon-y, with a hint of coconut, and the shampoo is glittery silver colored with a thick consistancy. It lathers well, and prevents my hair from tangling during washing. The conditioner is a thick cream consistancy, and feels very hydrating.

The trick for me with this shampoo is to rinse longer than I would with a clear non moisterizing shampoo. That ensures soft hair with no greasy afterfeel.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by sekoia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What enticed me in getting this product is that it is claimed to be similar to Matrix and I figured since it's so cheap for both shampoo and conditioner that I might as well try it and it would be a great value if it holds up to the quality of a high end brand. Well, I'm still on the fence whether this actually is similar quality to a high end brand, but it doesn't make my hair any worse so that's pretty good to me. And it also has a nice scent that is not overpowering. I like that the value pack is a pump bottle too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by j3nnyeatworld

I recently purchased the shampoo & conditioner in a combo pack with pumps. I have long, thick, Asian hair and my hair is naturally straight, but recently it had been getting a little wavy and less smooth looking. I always air dry my hair and hardly ever use any heat tools.

The shampoo is pretty nice and lathers really easily leaving my hair feeling nice and clean. The conditioner isn't watery or thick and seems to do a nice, but not super moisturizing job at conditioning my hair and rinses out cleanly.

Since I use the the shampoo and conditioner together, I can't really say how the shampoo performs on its own. Overall my hair looks sleek, shiny and doesn't feel dry. I only use the conditioner on my ends, but my whole head of hair if nice and shiny looking which I can probably attribute to the shampoo.

The shampoo has a slight fruity, floral scent which I like. It's not as strong of a scent like Garnier Fructis. The smell of the shampoo and conditioner doesn't linger in my hair which can either be a good or a bad thing depending on your preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by raeraed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought this shampoo and conditioner, I am so impressed, my hair is kind of dry , so I am so picky about shampoo and conditioner. The sleek shampoo and conditioner line made my hair is so soft and shiny without being greasy . The next day my hair is still is soft without being greasy. FANTASTIC. New favorite !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long, fine, dry, color-treated hair and have used many drugstore shampoos with mixed results. This is the first one that I have used for more than three days straight, it's that good. This shampoo cleans my hair and leaves it soft without weighing it down. The matching conditioner is equally amazing. A little of both goes a long way for me. And it's dirt cheap, I can't believe I finally found something that I really like for two bucks! Update 7/7/12: I still love the shampoo but I have found that Suave Professional Conditioners make my neck and back break out. At first I thought it was the shampoo but thankfully it wasn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

I just started using this about 3 weeks ago. I don't have the old formulation to compare it to so idk how good the other one was. All I can say is that I really like this one! A friend recommended this and I was really surprised it was any good. Lathers up really nice and leaves ,y hair really silky. I wash it and don't brush, I go to sleep and the next day it looks like I curled it but at the same time it looks really shiny and sleek. I'll stick to it for a while. Im really loving it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

God, I hate it when Suave reformulates. I LOVED this stuff when it was in the orange bottle, it was my HG (before I even knew what a HG was...LOL) Now it doesn't work as well on frizz and the scent is sickeningly sweet and stays with my hair all day. I used to like sweeter scents but now they just give me a headache. Really disappointed.

2 stars only because it is cheap and it isn't 100% totally awful. I am tempted to find some in the orange bottle on ebay or something...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair: Fine, long hair that gets dry in the winter, and so does my scalp. Hair is not chemically treated, natural color. It has past heat-damage from blow-drying however I have not heat-styled it for 5 months now.

I recently bought this shampoo and I like it. My hair doesn't feel weighed down or like it has build up from it. This is pretty good for a cheap shampoo. I really hate Suave Naturals, so the Professionals series is a pleasant surprise. I doubt I will be able to use this during the warmer months without getting an oily scalp, but it's working great for the dry, winter months.

This is for the new silver bottle, which I think has a new formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I normally wouldn't write a review until I have given a product a fair chance, but after using this shampoo & conditioner twice, I am sad to say I just can't stand it enough to use it any more then that.

My hair: naturally very curly - 3b, highlighter sized ringlets. It is prone to dryness and is also, by nature, very fragile - therefore very breakage prone. My hair is mostly dry, but I do get an oily scalp pretty quickly. It is color treated and pretty long. I typically wash my hair 1-2x a week and then cowash daily in between.

The shampoo is probably the worst part about this set. It lathers up nicely, but instead of making my hair clean, it made it feel really weird - like maybe it is being coated? I am not really sure. I tried to keep rinsing it out, but it felt like it was never going to. So i tried to shampoo again, thinking maybe my hair was just too coated with product. Same thing happened, so then I decided just to move onto the conditioner. Whilst my hair felt really odd, I can vouch for it an say that it did not strip my hair and make it tangled. I have a really hard time finding DS shampoos that dont dry out my hair and make it tangly and frizzy. I was happy to see that it has SLES as apposed to SLS which is a lot gentler on the hair.

The conditioner felt GREAT! It instantly made my hair feel silky & smooth and tangles just fell right out. (although my hair wasnt horrible tangles to begin with). I just coundn't stop running my fingers through my hair -- it just felt so luxurious! I thought make that would be this line-ups saving grace and styled as usualy with my leave in & gel.

I have to say, my hair was not frizzy and it held up well in the humidity. If anything, it might have made my hair too smooth/flat -- I do like my curls to look soft and natural, not overly defined. It really elongated the curls - which isn't a bad thing, but not my style... I like big hair. It looked pretty decent, it looked shiny.. but if I touched it I would hear a crunch and it FELT really dried. It was so bizzar. That killed it for me... I need REAL hydration, not coating my hair and giving the illusion of shiny, smooth hair. I know my hair can be shiny and smooth on it's own w/o it being cometely coated with too much silicone!

I thought maybe it was just the shampoo, and gave the conditioner a shot on it's own as a rinse out, but it felt pretty much the same.

After almost a week & two shampoos I just couldn't find a reason to keep trying it. I ended up clarifying with my Vo5 Kiwi clarifying shampoo & deep conditioned with my Silk Elements Mixed Silk deep conditioner and my hair was instantly better... sad to say this just did not work for me. I think it might have potential for others who already have pretty nice hair to begin with, but it just couldnt cut it... I exchanged it for the Suave Almond & Shea as I hear it is the best in their line up. Hopefully that goes better.