July 22, 2014 | 2528 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by JulieRuin76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great hand cream to use during long cold winters here in Canada. It does a great job of moisturizing cuticles and rough knuckles which I tend to struggle with come winter time. For those of you who noticed that it was a bit too greasy, what I like to do is apply a pea sized amount right after washing my hands when they are still damp. I find when I do this, it is not greasy at all. Just soft and nourished. The smell isn't the best so I tend to opt for the unscented version. Overall, this is my favorite hand cream year round and is a definite must try for anyone who, like me, lives through a long, cold, dry winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This is a fantastic hand cream. My hands always get so dry during the cold months, but after using this every day (and making sure to massage it into my cuticles) I have noticed a huge difference. I will definitely repurchase, again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple in my bag and at home; I repurchase it routinely. In the summer my hands are never dry, but when winter rolls around...Also, I work in a restaurant kitchen and wash my hands constantly (my hands look about 10 years older than I am), so this stuff is a godsend. I never leave home without it. The only hand cream I've tried that compares is L'Occitane's shea butter cream, which is too expensive for me to be a mainstay like Glysomed. My only con is the smell, which I find distractingly herbal/floral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by mistermark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently, my hands were in terrible shape from over-washing. I had even really started to think I was getting eczema -- dry, rough patches, scaling, etc. Within four days of using this hand cream, my hands are almost completely back to normal. They're soft, smooth, moist. A little goes a long way and now I put it on throughout the day. I had a chuckle when my better half suggested I try it. I thought that for five dollars it would never work. Turns out, it's one of the better hand creams I've used. Dirt cheap and very effective for "winter hands."

. .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dbhoops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a great product for the price.

I can see how some people say it feels like a greasy film...it's because you are using way to much!

A little go a really long with this product.

Plus it's 100% vegetable not animal based glycerine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

We've already bought numerous tubes of this at home. It is my favorite hand cream at the moment. Everytime I play piano I have to use this or my hand doesnt glide as well...It's a psychological thing, but I just like to use hand cream, and this happens to be the best that derms recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

- Has no smell.
- Leaves even the flakiest skin smooth.
- Haven't really noticed how long it last, but its not that long, but I also have very dry skin in general.
- Will not buy again because when I apply it leaves my hand greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

I don't hate the smell, but I dislike it more then I like it. It does help me to "moisturize," but sometimes it just feels like an annoying greasy film over my skin that prevents further dehydration. I guess that's a good thing, but it sort of annoys me. I think I'll look around for other hand creams, or at least the unscented one of this. Also it makes my hands more sweaty, which is annoying when I need to use my fingers for everything and they are all slippery.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best hand cream ever. This makes my hands feel like butter after I apply it and let it sit for awhile. My only con with this product is that it is quite greasy once applied and awhile after so I have to wait awhile before I do anything. It keeps my hands moisturized very long and they feel great after.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by brooksy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Glysomed hand cream and body lotion before, but I haven't used them enough to give a proper review, so I am writing this review specifically for the Glysomed Foot Balm.
Before using Glysomed Foot Balm, I had very dry and callused feet. This thick, somewhat greasy, peppermint scented balm did a great job at soothing and softening my dry skin. What is really noteworthy about my experience with this product though, is when I used it on the skin on the side of my right big toe, which for many months, was EXTREMELY dry, broken, cracked, and painful! When I applied Glysomed Foot Balm to my toe every night, the cracked and broken skin was healed within a few days. The best part about this product is the price. Glysomed is a very inexpensive drugstore lotion that actually does what it's supposed to. (I want to say the gift set of about five of Glysomed lotions was something like $15CAD)
As I said before, the balm is a bit greasy, but since its not on my hands, and I am wearing it to go to sleep anyway, I don't mind at all!