Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Beautiful Perfume is a lovely floral perfume...smells like mostly roses & lilies to me...a little powdery...it was a favorite perfume for me when my daughter was a baby...have been spraying it on since last week & loving it...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great perfume- but not for me

I got this with my holiday 2011 Estee Lauder limited edition gift set. I loved the makeup, but never played with the perfume. I smelled it recently and its not for me. Way too strong, too floral, and very "old lady" smelling. I love old ladies, so no hating! But I can't see myself wearing this, just smelling it is trying enough. I love the bottle, it really is beautiful. But I'm not big on floral perfumes, especially frumpy ones.

on 6/14/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this fragrance. At first when i tried it out at the mall, i really didn't like it - i thought it was too heavy and something my mother or grandmother would wear. so i tried it again about 4 mos ago and i fell in love with it. i purposely did not wear any fragrance that day since i knew i was going to try out new perfumes.. so i sprayed it on the inside of my wrist and walked around the mall with it. about an hour later i kept smelling this lovely hint of "something" and for a moment i forgot i sprayed myself with this perfume.

i kept smelling my wrist and the more it wore on me, the better i liked it. somehow it worked very well with my chemistry and i ran back and got the biggest bottle they had. Ouch. $85 was pricey for a perfume, but it smells sooo good. even my BF comments how good i smell every day when i spray it on. gotta love that. :)

on 5/22/2013 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought the minis set of Estee Lauder and hated all of them, they all smell like old lady, There's nothing exciting about this perfume at all

on 4/10/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I smelled this on a friend. It is amazing! I can't describe the smell. It is very pricey though...

on 3/26/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

My HG fragrance. Elegant and just beautiful. Works amazingly on my skin . Lasts the whole day and is not overpowering at all.

on 3/23/2013 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This will be my HG perfume...in about 13 years.
On me, this comes across as a woodsy floral with major sillage.
I definitely get the rose right off the top, and the ylang ylang comes on quite strong. The drydown is woodsy but still has those floral notes I crave.
The sillage is huge on this one - one spritz under my clothing lasts all day. My Grandma always said perfume should be smelled when he is close enough to kiss you. With modern fruity messes, that isn't hard to do, but Ms. Lauder does like her staying power and with this beauty, one spritz is well enough.
The price is fairly standard. If you are used to Paris Hilton Heiress in the discount bin, this will seem expensive. But it is worth every penny and will last you forever. My only gripe is the bottle. Boring! For a scent with this much going on, I wanted more than just the plain jane bottle. Where is the bottle from the ads - that isn't want I got at the EL counter! Ms. Lauder, go visit Mr. Mugler for some tips.
Okay, the emotions. 'Cause that is what we are here for. On me this is mature, very feminine, confident. Dare I say bold. I might even be a grand dame when I wear this. But not a broad, never a broad; it stays buttoned down and classy.
This was introduced in the 1980's and that is probably why I read 'mature' rather than 'bridal'; all mature women were brides once, and as with this gal, all brides age and mature into glorious grand dames.
At 37 and still running frantically through my life, I love it but am not strong enough to wear this yet, it wears me. I am a bit lighter and spryer. But I'm getting there, and I'm glad Beautiful will be waiting for me when I arrive.

on 12/30/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume smells amazing on me. It is a classic. I got it for Christmas. It is very expensive though. Never go a day with out it.

on 10/7/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite closet perfumes. Its hard to explain the smell but to simply state it reminds me of the smell of ellegsnce. When I know I am about to go out to a fancy diner I pump a couple sprays on and I'm ready to get the night rocking!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that it irks a bit to keep getting asked what perfume I’m wearing and not be able to reply with some fascinating French name. No, I have to say ‘Beautiful by Estee Lauder.’ Over the years it has been the closest perfume I've had to a ‘signature’ and the only one that gets regular compliments (apart for the original, long-gone Fendi).
I remember an early advert for Beautiful which said something like ‘the fragrance of 1000 flowers’. I’m sure this statement is exaggeration - but it's better than a picture of a model in a wedding frock.
The florals in Beautiful are splendidly out-going but Beautiful isn’t just a bouquet. There are green and herbaceous notes backing it up. I'm reminded of the mossy smell of a Barbour jacket hanging in a boot-room. Beautiful is a bit more complex than it gets credit for.

Popular Fragrances