September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I bought the minis set of Estee Lauder and hated all of them, they all smell like old lady, There's nothing exciting about this perfume at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I smelled this on a friend. It is amazing! I can't describe the smell. It is very pricey though...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by mics008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG fragrance. Elegant and just beautiful. Works amazingly on my skin . Lasts the whole day and is not overpowering at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This will be my HG perfume...in about 13 years.
On me, this comes across as a woodsy floral with major sillage.
I definitely get the rose right off the top, and the ylang ylang comes on quite strong. The drydown is woodsy but still has those floral notes I crave.
The sillage is huge on this one - one spritz under my clothing lasts all day. My Grandma always said perfume should be smelled when he is close enough to kiss you. With modern fruity messes, that isn't hard to do, but Ms. Lauder does like her staying power and with this beauty, one spritz is well enough.
The price is fairly standard. If you are used to Paris Hilton Heiress in the discount bin, this will seem expensive. But it is worth every penny and will last you forever. My only gripe is the bottle. Boring! For a scent with this much going on, I wanted more than just the plain jane bottle. Where is the bottle from the ads - that isn't want I got at the EL counter! Ms. Lauder, go visit Mr. Mugler for some tips.
Okay, the emotions. 'Cause that is what we are here for. On me this is mature, very feminine, confident. Dare I say bold. I might even be a grand dame when I wear this. But not a broad, never a broad; it stays buttoned down and classy.
This was introduced in the 1980's and that is probably why I read 'mature' rather than 'bridal'; all mature women were brides once, and as with this gal, all brides age and mature into glorious grand dames.
At 37 and still running frantically through my life, I love it but am not strong enough to wear this yet, it wears me. I am a bit lighter and spryer. But I'm getting there, and I'm glad Beautiful will be waiting for me when I arrive.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Keltonbuddy18

This perfume smells amazing on me. It is a classic. I got it for Christmas. It is very expensive though. Never go a day with out it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite closet perfumes. Its hard to explain the smell but to simply state it reminds me of the smell of ellegsnce. When I know I am about to go out to a fancy diner I pump a couple sprays on and I'm ready to get the night rocking!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Dressingtable

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say that it irks a bit to keep getting asked what perfume I’m wearing and not be able to reply with some fascinating French name. No, I have to say ‘Beautiful by Estee Lauder.’ Over the years it has been the closest perfume I've had to a ‘signature’ and the only one that gets regular compliments (apart for the original, long-gone Fendi).
I remember an early advert for Beautiful which said something like ‘the fragrance of 1000 flowers’. I’m sure this statement is exaggeration - but it's better than a picture of a model in a wedding frock.
The florals in Beautiful are splendidly out-going but Beautiful isn’t just a bouquet. There are green and herbaceous notes backing it up. I'm reminded of the mossy smell of a Barbour jacket hanging in a boot-room. Beautiful is a bit more complex than it gets credit for.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

For some reason, classic (sometimes called old lady) fragrances tend to work best on me. I don't know why. A lot of newer fragrances start out okay on me and then turn. I went with Beautiful as my fall/winter fragrance this year. I usually wear Clinque Aromatics Elixir, which is also a classic. I decided to switch it up to this fragrance. I like how it's floral without being too sweet. I like it, but understand this kind of frangrance isn't for everyone's body chemistry.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by cinderly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've loved this fragrance since I discovered it as a sophomore in high school. Then, I wore it as a flowerbomb - sprayed on, heavily, for maximum silage.

What's surprised me about this perennial addition to my Giftmas stocking is how well I've been able to continue wearing it as I've moved solidly into adulthood. To keep things modern, I wear it as a skin scent, applying a tiny spritz to a cotton ball, then transferring the scent to key points: wrists & elbow-crook pulse points, breast bone, and small of back. Provided I keep the application light, it gives me a lovely, light-floral scent that lingers just above my skin, so only I (and those I want very close to me) can smell it. Because it's such a strong scent, it lasts for hours on me.

It's a blended scent, so the top-note/dry-down experience is pretty limited - it's fairly straight-floral from application to skin, in my experience. This isn't a problem for me, as I'm not always looking for a scent that changes over the course of the day. Because it lasts, it makes a great base for other scents, as well.

Pros: floral scent, lasts all day, versatile if applied carefully, great for layering
Cons: easy to over-apply, can feel dated

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Gosh, I wore this in high school lol. I loved it back then, and I still think it's an alright fragrance. I just wouldn't buy it now because there are so many fragrances I haven't tried.