November 1, 2014 | 811 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Ponds - bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by haemisphere

This was my HG eye makeup remover, but it seems as if they discontinued it? I liked how it would erase my makeup, but sitll allow me to see. I now use Almay's moisture pads (which work great), but do leave you with a blurry eyesight for a little bit.

Why did Pond's discontinue this wonderful product?!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by rubie

Discontinued?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!
    Pond's official website still shows this product on their site. I have just sent them an e-mail inquiring the status of this product.
    FOLLOW-UP: I have just received a reply from the Pond's confirming that this product has been discontinued. Ugh... Amazon still sells this and I bet that the price would go up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by REDjuice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive been scouring eBay for it since my bottle is almost finished :( this is lovely, it removes ALL the makeup on the first swipe, no hassles.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by leslie60

Best eye make-remover for waterproof mascara and quite inexpensive. I just learned it was discontinued and went to their website to complain. I've tried Rimmel but it's like using water. Maybelline is very oily so back to searching.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jenn2yoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was awesome!!! Why did they discontinue it?!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by gaudiora

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really enthusiastic about this product. It is the kind of makeup remover that is half silicone-based and half normal surfactant based. Personally, I find that the silicone really sticks to the eye area--which I don't find to be a good thing!

I prefer makeup removers without silicone nor oil, they get the job done without leaving a residue on the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ltcttran

I loved this product, and I am extremely disappointed that this is discontinued. It is the best eye make up remove that I have used. It did a decent job of removing my eye make up, and didn't leave my lids feeling overly dry, or too greasy. In addition, it had soothing vitamins. I don't know what eye make up remover to use now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by cat1121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product, and I just got off the phone with Ponds and found out its been discontinued!

They said they do take into account consumer opinion (its one of the highest ranked products on this website) and if enough people were to contact them, it might be brought back.

You can call them at 1.800.909.9493 or go to their website and email them and tell them you want it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by georgiagal56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye makeup remover. I purchased it after reading the reviews on here. I used to buy it at Walmart or Target. Now it is nowhere to be found! I have checked every drugstore in the area. It is still listed on the Pond's website, so I don't know what's up. I'm extemely disappointed. This product was very soothing, removed eye makeup easily, and never irritated my eyes. In addition, it was reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 5:02:00 AM More reviews by mickym177

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this and I LOVE IT. Normally if I don't use eye makeup or mascara, any cleanser would do its trick. But I've started using Shiseido's mascara base (fabulous at plumping up your lashes btw...), even my DHC cleansing oil can't get that stuff out, so I've started using this. The Pond's is really great, it gets every last trace of mascara, mascara base, waterproof eyeliner, etc out without any problem. Those users who found it hard to remove makeup may not be doing it right. You need to hold the cotton pads on your eyes for at least 15-30 seconds to let the makeup remover work its magic. I think if you do that, it should be really easy to remove all the makeup properly. This doesn't sting my eyes, not greasy, and not drying, I will keep using it!