April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Daily Silkening bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never paid any mind to this soap before but after sampling a fragrance oil knock-off the Daily Silkening scent (white peach and silk blossoms) I just had to go out and buy the Caress bar soap, as well as the body wash. I've tried a lot of soap in my time (I prefer bar soap; I just feel cleaner after using it as opposed to body wash) but, I must say, this one is just perfect: it doesn't dry out my skin, it sudses up easily/rinses easily, and last --but not least-- it smells really, really good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by bledfreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this after i ran out of my dove body wash, and didn't have the money to buy more so i got this off the shelf. i went home went in the shower , about to wash my face i picked up an empty bottle of facial cleanser didn't check to see if i need facial cleanser before i went to walgreens so i just used this bar soap it smells good. cleared up my acne on my body and face. I have been using it for 3 weeks , so far it works good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this stuff for over a decade. I love the smell, and sometimes I think that his the only reason I keep using it. But then I think about how picky I am, how could I not like the way it makes my skin feel when I love it so much? I mean I have bounced around using different body washes, but I always come back to this. I have oily skin too, and my body is prone to break outs but I have found that as long as I don't take too hot of a shower and I use this with a good exfoliating body brush/sponge, my skin is clear and soft. The smell is wonderful and the price is perfect. Around $5 at Wal Mart for 6 bars and it lasts me months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Gratziella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really good bath body bar. Its funny to see so many people having fond childhood memories of it; I thought it was only me. It smells great and is not drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ccseesee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm not really a bar soap kinda girl, but this is one i would use. It smells good and makes u feel fresh and its cheap between $2-$4.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is silky smooth. It does its job and cleans well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this soap, esp. to clean those "sensitive" regions, however, both the smell and how quickly it dissolves and disappears is why I only rarely purhase and use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was going through the soaps in the drug store, picking each up and smelling them. I have insanely dry skin but most of all I have an obscenely strong sense of smell and I can smell forwarmed signals of how it will smell hours later after city pollution has mixed with it.
The smell of this one (pink bar/original) is really nice. I thought it was strong but also smells like some hairdressers or a brand of shampoo they use there. I bought it not expecting much, f it dried my skin out i'd just use it as hand washing soap.
I'm really surprised at how good this soap was. It didn't leave my skin squeeking like a lot fo harsh soaps that strip the skin, instead it seemed to give this slip. Later reading about it on google i discovered it has bath oil in it. I usually break out from any type of oil on my skin. My skin didn't feel tight and for once I only needed a small amount of Cetaphil lotion afterwards.

I've tried the different Dove bars and every one of them left me with dry skin (unscented brand) or clogged my skin badly and I disliked their fragrance. Lets say this, if I'm washing my face with a face cloth and when I rinse it out the soap makes the cloth stick together like I just used vaseline and I have to rewash it out with another (drying) soap I know it's not good. Dove made my skin feel unwashed and clammy. I'd use it twice and then I could rub my finger down my body and dirt would literally roll off. Terrible. It didn't clean properly at all.
This brand is great though.I'll definitely be buying it again and again.

6 MONTH UPDATE
I had to stop using this as where I moved to didn't sell it. I was devestated and literally had to start creaming my skin twice as thick to get it to feel the same way this soap made my skin feel with NO lotion! One my return I rushed to the store to rebuy this and OMG, I forgot how much I love it. It's almost like my skin thanks me when I use it. DO you know the feeling after your wash your face and it dries to what feels like a stiff mask? This does the total opposite to all the other soaps I;ve tried.
Adding after a week of using this you may have to wash with another soap that's harsher to wash off the residue that will build up after time.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best bar soap ever. With dryer weather though i can't use this, or even on a daily basis in warmer weather. I miss using it daily but it just dries out my skin too much (which is the complete opposite of my oily face). It has the perfect slightly floral feminine scent that I wish they'd put into a perfume, and it makes my skin soooo soft. Softer than any other soap/body wash ever has. I have very sensitive skin and it never irritated it, also rare for a bar soap. It just is too drying, but still good for a bar soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love this. I switch back and forth between this and the classic Dove beauty bar. Good for face and body. I have used this for too many years to remember, I hope it's never discontinued!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No