July 31, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Thenaayang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

okay to be honest i was a little skeptical about buying this at first. I've owned many Clinique eyeshadows throughout my life and they've never been long lasting. Anyways i picked this up for about 14.50 at the duty free shop on my way to china because i was in desperate need of a brown liner. I LOVE THIS. the color is great, gorgeous brown but not too dark. its more natural than black. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. eventhough it applies so creamy, the lasting power is amazing!!! and its easy to remove. I put this on at 8 am and it will last untill 10 pm (without UDPP!) i will def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by JalenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent eyeliner. The color is perfect for me- chocolate brown with hints of gold. It goes on creamy and lasts all day. I've never had it smudge like other liners. Works very well if you have fair skin and light eyes as the color is not harsh like black eyeliner could be. I would (will) buy it again and continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice color! I usually use it to when I want natural/subtle make-up look. I use it to line my upper eyelids.

I have very oily skin though and it fades just slightly by the end of the day. It doesn't transfer to my lower lids, which is a very good thing! The color more than makes up for it, I have yet to try it with an eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by griziebuu

Definitely my favorite brown eyeliner, hands down. I've used many brown eye liners, but nothing beats the unique color that this Clinique product has. Plus, the eyeliner really lives up to its name: it's creamy and doesn't easily diminish at all. Looove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by LauraAnn13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eye liner! The color is awesome, enhances my eyes without the dramatic effects of a black liner. It lasts most of the day for how i use it. The only thing i cant stand is the fact its in the plastic wood tube instead if the real wood. It doesnt sharpen hardly at all!! I ended up wasting my first stick of it because i couldnt sharpen it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by paula04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely rich creamy chocolatey brown liner pencil with the loveliest hint of shimmer through it.
Due to its soft waxy texture it glides onto the skin and does not tug or pull, whilst leaving a great trace of pigmented colour behind.
It doesnt end up half way down ur face during the day either but u can smudge it if u want a more smoky look. I find it suits all skin tones, but especially fair skins as it is nowhere near as draining as black but still gives a lovely bit of drama!
Its a sharpening pencil so it lasts ageeees and only costs about 13
Try it out...u wont look back! xx

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner a lot, although I prefer the brush on cream liner. This is a beautiful brown, and its lasting power is amazing;it can last on my waterline (with minimal smudging) and my eyelids. The price isn't bad, either, considering the quality of the eyeliner. I will repurchase and I already have :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I got this as a GWP. I tried it a few times and I was unimpressed, though I do love the color. One thing I immediately noticed is that it's not as soft as the liners I normally use. It doesn't glide on like UD 24/7 or the EL Double Wear brand. Imagine my surprise when I came to MUA to give my review and saw all the praise for this eyeliner. Mine is either a dud or they changed the formula like someone mentioned below.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I honestly never thought I would have an HG eyeliner. I just never wore them much and had a hard time making a straight line with pencils. Over the years I have tried a LOT of brands - MAC, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome, ZuZu Luxe, Jane Iredale... you name it.
Clinique's Cream Shapers are hands down the best for me, and the Chocolate Lustre shade in particular makes my blue/green eyes look fantastic. I wear it almost every day. The color isn't as harsh as black on me, and the slight bronze shimmer makes my eyes really pop. The creamy texture of the pencil makes it pretty foolproof for me - its easy to smudge when I mess up a little! In spite of being so soft and creamy, once applied, this stuff lasts all day.
I have been trying to find a replacement for this in a more natural, vegan brand for the last couple years, and I just cannot do it. So this continues to be my everyday HG eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is an incredible deep chocolate brown with the slightest hints of golden bronze shimmer. The formula is great, I use this over eyeshadow primer mostly under my eyes and it stays put all day but sometimes the color will fade a little after 5 hours or so. If I need longer wear then a touch of eyeshadow on top will set it for the whole day. The consistency is really smooth, gliding on easily without tugging at my eyes and i have never have a look which doesn't compliment the brown of this liner (and I use a really wide range of eyeshadow colors). The slight shimmer also keeps my eyes looking bright even when i have dark circles after a long night out. All in all a wonderful liner for all occasions.