October 23, 2014 | 1915 users online

Polishes - OPI - Dutch Tulips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of OPI's best colors, IMO. I'd purchase again in a heartbeat.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by noname4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this color. I tend to like deep pinks, fuschias, plums, purples. And this color is great. I love it for my toes BUT for some reason this is the worst to get off! I use a base coat first and sometimes a top coat. When I remove this, it smears terribly! It takes forever to remove the traces from my nails and skin. If I don't wear gloves when removing I have it on my hands too. I don't seem to have this problem with other polishes or colors, just this one. I'll keeping using what I have, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by LauraLotte

I bought this nailpolish because I am dutch so i thought it would be fun. Normally I'm not really a red pink kinda girl but this one i like a lot. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't chip to bad on my nails. As for the price: expensive! but that's because I live in Europe I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by carolync6

This was the very first OPI color I ever used. It must have been 20 years ago. It's a classic, and I go back to it over and over.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Caramellane

Not sure how I feel about this polish. I bought dutch tulips because it was a pretty pink-toned red in the bottle. But, on the nail is just looks like your typical bright red. When I swatch some other bright reds side by side with this one, I can slightly notice the pink tones. I think someone with a darker skin tone would notice the pink, but on my fair skin this just isn't special. On the plus side, it's still pretty and applies well with no streaking and is opaque in two coats

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Shockadelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't often wear red polish, but based on the reviews here I decided to pick me up a bottle of Dutch Tulips. This is a beautiful blue-based red that looks amazing on even pale skin, such as my own. As per usual with OPI, the colour is bold and an excellent consistency. The brush allows for precise application making clean-up either not necessary or very minimal.

This will be my go-to red polish from here on in! Thanks reviewers :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by stilllovely

Love this colour! In the bottle and when I apply it I try to work out if it is pink or red. When it dries it is red one me. I don't wear red often because I find it's too harsh on me but because it leans towards pink it looks great!

As mbrow222 said, it's a hot pink version of burgandy. Goes on really bright!

Love it. I had my first pro manicure with this colour and still have a soft spot for it years later!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Usually I prefer very dark purple/red/black/vampy colors....so I was very surprised when I found myself captivated at the store staring at the bottle of Dutch Tulips. It's not a color I would usually want to buy AT ALL, but I figured I would branch out a little and try a bright/more summery shade. Once I got the polish on my nails, it was love at first sight! I really enjoy this color....it is my "go-to" polish when I want something on my nails and toes that isn't as vampy as what I normally wear. If you are like me and usually only wear darker colors and are thinking of trying a more bright/summery color, try Dutch Tulips...it's divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I lovvvvee this colour. Dutch tulips is avery pretty bright pink/red. It is like the hot pink version of burgundy. It is so bright and cheerful, that I find myself staring at my nails whenever I put it on. Unique colour, that lasts pretty well and goes opaque with one coat. Super shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

I'm not really into nail polish that much ... I think I've only purchased 2 bottles within the last 3 years. I occasionally get pedicures though and like to try a different color each time. I had a pedicure with Dutch Tulips last summer and I loved it! I'm going to buy a bottle - first time I've felt compelled to do that.