MAC Veluxe Pearl - Lucky Green

4.7

on 12/4/2011 7:41:00 PM

This was the first MAC eyeshadow I tried and I loved it from the moment I saw it. It's a beautiful bright yellow-green that can be applied as a soft wash with a fluff brush or packed on with a more dense brush for stand-out color.
It's extremely soft, applies evenly, and blends really easily. The color is really unique and I've found it to be surprisingly easy to wear with a variety of other shades.
I took off one lippie because it does fade throughout the day, so I start out with bright shiny green and end up with a soft matte grass green, but both shades are beautiful. It's a unique color that I reach for way more than I thought I would and it's now one of my favorite shadows. I'd definitely repurchase!

on 10/28/2011 3:03:00 AM

This has to be my absolute favorite green eyeshadow! Even better than MAC's LE Springtime Skipper from their Barbie collection. Its very pigmented & easy to blend. A MUST HAVE if you love green e/s!

on 9/23/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! Well to start off my favorite color is green, basically most any shades except for snot green. So I had to get this. The quality, like any MAC products is great, and the color is gorgeous! it's so pigmented and smooth. Has a great color payoff! The only think I'm sad about it I can't wear it every day with it being so bright. But I do wear it often for how bright it is. I guess it's better I don't wear it every day, if I did I've go through it so fast!

on 9/18/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great, fun summer shade! I love the golden shimmer shot through this shadow, making it very suitable to use with warm browns and peachy champagnes (which are daily staples to me). I find that it brings my eyes to life when I want to make them look greener and as with a lot of MAC shadows, the quality is great! Without primer it lasts most of the day, the pigmentation is just right, and I feel like a flower child with this and Mulch on my eyes. Although I like it a lot, I cannot justify paying it's normal price since I rarely use shades other than brown, bronze and taupe. Hence I will not repurchase, but I will keep it in a special place in my collection for when I feel like dancing barefoot in a patch of grass with a maxi dress. :)

on 8/21/2011 12:09:00 AM

Of the regular MAC shadows I own (about 10), Lucky Green is one of the best. It is a lovely, bright spring green. The shadow is intensely pigmented, and the texture is fantastic. It's buttery, soft, and stays put. I'd recommend this shadow to anyone.

this is one of my favorite colors! in the mac store i was looking for a green , but had most of the other ones & this one looked ugly. but i decided to swatch it anyway. i did , and fell in love with it. this is an amazing green! would recommend for anyone who likes greens!

on 6/30/2011 10:33:00 AM

A light shimmery green, goes well with brown eyes. Blends well but tends to reflect a yellow pigment. Blends beautifully with blues and purples.

on 5/10/2011 2:34:00 PM

I bought this eye shadow because out of all the green shades, at the MAC counter, this was the best green for my blue eyes and fair complexion. I'm quite fussy when it comes to eye shadows (especially green shades-cos of my blue eyes) and I can see the uniqueness and good yellow toned green quality of this shade that looks very pretty, fresh and compliments the eyes. However, the pigment is very weak compared to my favourite branded eye shadows (d&g) and the quality of the eye shadow itself isn't up to much. Also, this doesn't come with a mini shading brush or in a pretty compact with miror. So even though at 11.50 GBP it is cheaper than a lot of high ended brands, you do really miss out on all the bonus luxuries that go with the higher price tag. So nice colour, but very average eye shadow imo.

on 3/10/2011 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love MAC to the ends of the earth. I was not pleased with this item. Costs around $15 online or in stores. The pigment is not deep as you would hope. My brushes seem to struggle to pick it up and it takes a lot of packing it on to even show nicely on my fair skin. I prefer the Urban Decay Acid Rain to this (Similar shade but goes on amazing). It might work better for some if used wet, but it's a long shot. Would make a lovely accent color if you can manage to get the color to pick up on your brush and stay. Certainly not one of my favorite shades from MAC.

Very pretty color in the pan but I seemed to have to pack it on to get it's vibrancy to show up on my lids. This could be because of skintone or because of the quality so I'm not deducting a lippie for it, I just won't buy it again becuase I have other green shadows that look better. Also, I noticed this one seemed to have more fallout that the other MAC shadows I've tried so far, so I deducted a lippie for that. The other lippie was deducted because of it's staying power, it seemed to fade quicker than other shadows from MAC as well.

I know people will say "you need to use a primer" (and I do own both TFSI and UDPP) but I think that if you are paying more than drugstore prices, you should expect a better quality product and this did not meet my expectations when compared to other high end eyeshadows. I think $14 for this so-so product is a waste of my money but for some people it might look nice, just didn't work fo me.

Top Rated MAC Products