December 22, 2014 | 844 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a huge Amande Gift box for Xmas from my fiancee.
I absolutely love this, the bottle is beautiful and practical, the shower oil has just the right consistency and smells amazingly. It leaves my skin soft, i also use it for shaving my legs and after using it i dont need any cream afterwards, because my skin is well moistured.
I also find that a small amount goes a long way, but still this product is super expensive. But as long as i receive it for my birthday etc., i will keep on using and loving it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Ashleeerika

Did nothing for my skin. What a let down. Waste of money! Fail!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love! Thick and moisturizing and amazing smell. Took one lippy off for price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by B1P14

Amazing product. Great smell, lovely texture and makes the world of difference to your skin after just one use! Skin instantly feels softer and more supple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Pricey but a nice indulgence. The smell is amazing and it is a great moisturizer. I would not use it daily unless you can afford to. Its an excellent product, and no, household Almond oil or other body oil is not the same. Something about this is nicer, smoother and more moisturizing. One lippie off for price. Makes an awesome gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ketu86

A relative left this behind for me to have so cant comment on the price but I'm guessing it's quite $$ I love almond scented products and the smell of this was really nice. I have dry skin and I don't have a problem with using bath/shower oils. The good thing about this oil is that it emulsifies so for those who don't usually like bath oils, try this. It is quite thick and doesn't spread well (I prefer to apply to dry skin) so you do have to use a lot of the product. It left my skin feeling soft and moisturised but no more so than other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'occitane is my favourite brand for bath and body and this almond oil is the best of the range. Yes it is pricey but try and get the 500ml pump it lasts me months. I mainly use this in the bath, you only need a drop to produce a gorgeously scented bath of bubbles and the scent is a pleasure to inhale as you relax. I dont feel the need to moisturise after bathing in this and it is also perfect for kids to this is my all time fave bath and body product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have become incredibly sensitive to strong scents with bath products (hello bath and body works!) as I have gotten older, and this is by far my new favorite "grown up" scent! I love the almond scent it has when I put it on in the shower, and after I wash it off, it leaves my skin soft and has a light fragrance! I got this in a set and first thought that I was never going to use it since I don't use body oils in the shower. You squirt some into your hands and start rubbing and it gets slightly warmer and becomes a milky cleanser! This stuff is not cheap, but a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm rating this as a shaving oil because that's all I use it for. For shaving, it does a good job. I generally find that shaving creams and foams don't work as well as they should for promoting a close, smooth shave with no nicks. I'm pretty sure I've never nicked myself using the Amande shower oil, and I can get a fairly nice smooth shave with it. I would buy this again if it weren't for one thing: the smell. It is so ridiculously strong, and it reeks IMO. It's so strong, in fact, that I can't wash the smell off my hands after it's been on my hand for the few seconds it takes to apply to the areas I want to shave. I have sensitive skin and don't want to be rubbing fragranced hands all over my face while I'm doing my skincare routine after I get out of the shower. If they reduced the amount of fragrance in this, I would be willing to buy it again. Otherwise, probably not.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nuclearbeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't a terrible product, but there are better cleansers for the price. I didn't find this moisturizing at all and I really didn't like the scent. I liked the smell in the bottle, but when I was in the shower it was just overwhelming.