November 26, 2014 | 1104 users online

Styling Products - Victoria's Secret - So Sexy Styling Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by swedishmilk

I don't always think I love this stuff until I run out of it. If I want something to make my hair super thick and full of volume, I reach for this every time. I also like its holding power. I put a generous amount into my wet hair at the roots and comb it through, followed by dime size amount of smoothing serum on the ends, then I blow dry it. Then I either straighten, hotroll, or curl it, and the holding power is great, adds shine, and the scent lasts till your next shower. My HG mousse!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tomje

I love this stuff! I have tried loads of products (from Freida to Fekkai) in my search for the perfect scrunching product. My very long hair is on the course, dry side with some natural waves. Most products either weighed my hair down or created some major frizz issues. But this gives me volume, glossiness, and creates some majorly sexy waves that are soft, not crunchy.

When I first bought this, I used way to much of it and the ends of my hair stuck together. Even though my hair reaches halfway down my back, I only need about a golf ball sized amount of this mousse to create waves.

I don't now if this method will work on everyone, but this is how I use this product:

1. I brush my hair out BEFORE I shampoo it, but I don't comb through it or anything after I get out of the shower. I've found that this prevents frizz and keeps my natural waves intact.

2. About five minutes after I get out of the shower (when my hair is still very wet), I flip my head upside down and scrunch in a golf ball sized amount of the mousse all through my hair.

3. Then I do my make-up and eat breakfast, until my hair has dried somewhat (usually about 30 minutes). After that, I take my blow dryer, put it on its lowest setting, and flip my head upside down and scrunch while blowdrying (usually this lasts about 3 minutes or so.)

4. Then I flip my head back up and do the same thing (scrunching and blowdrying). I also run my fingers through the roots of my hair to smooth flyaways and increase volume.

This is super easy and I get more compliments when I style my hair this way than I do when I spend hours messing with it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ladyofmirkwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I love the smell of the other products. It doesn't do anything for volume or frizz. Luckily I got this on sale so oh well. This product contains lots of drying agents so just beware. There really are too many good products on the market to waste your money on this nicely scented drying mousse. :/

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Demetria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells good, but that's about it. I blow dry and straighten my long, fine, hightlighted hair. It doesn't provide much volume at all on me. I have a few drug store mousses that work much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I haven't used mousse in years, but I wanted to try something new to volumize my hair besides the sprays I've been using, which can be sticky. I have lots of fine hair, and this mousse gave me less volume than the sprays. It wasn't sticky, so that was a plus, but for the price, it wasn't worth it. I expected bed head since this was from Victoria's Secret, and their models supposedly use it, but it did not live up to it's name. Plus, the little volume I got lasted about 4 hours. I had to use a lot of product for it to last me the whole day. I never have that problem with sprays.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I loved the volumizing shampoo, conditioner and mousse. I was in heaven thinking I had found all 3 HG products!! But now after using the products since October my hair is the dryest it's ever been!! At my last hair appointment my hairdresser asked me what happened. She said my hair felt like straw and it was breaking, what had I done to it.
EDIT: This really is my favorite mousse ever! The 3 VS products used together were drying but the mousse on it's own is fine. I have baby fine hair and not much of it. I hate using the round brush so I just kind of "scrunch" my hair dry. It won't hold a curl but this mousse actually gives me some volume and texture! I have purchased this many times over!! LOVE.........

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mousse on impulse last summer during Victoria's Secret's semi-annual sale. I should know better than to buy beauty products on impulse. Apparently, I'm a voice of dissent on this product because I don't like it and so many other people do. I prefer very light hold mousses, and this has a stronger hold than I prefer. I also find that it leaves my hair feeling stiff, sticky, and weighed down, definitely not what I want in a mousse. I've been using mousse since middle school, and this is one of my least favorites. Unfortunately, my favorite, KMS AMP Volume Mousse, has been discontinued, so I'm looking for a new mousse, but this isn't it. I also don't like the strong fragrance, although clearly that's a matter of personal preference, since so many other people seem to like. Overall, I won't repurchase. Ingredients: Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Isobutane, Propane, Polysorbate 80, Polyquaternium-4, Polyquaternium-11, Fragrance, PPG-2-Isodeceth-12, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Rosemary Extract, Chamomile Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Phytantriol Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2006 1:35:00 PM More reviews by vanessa726

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the BEST mousse ive ever used. ive tryed dozens of different mousses and nothing compares to this one. i have curly hair and the other either leave my hair crunchy or frizzy. This one keeps my curls intack, soft and bouncy. Without residue or gunk. I Love this product and refuse to buy any other mousse.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by skruger

Not ready to shell out the $9.00 for a full sized product I had never tried, I went with the $4.00 travel version. I think this is a great product. I am not very versed on mousses but I have been pleased overall, the scent is fabulous, the texture is nice and rich, goes through hair nicely. I use this when I am traveling and don't have the room to take 10 different products. My hair is fairly short in the back and I spray a bit in my palms then work through my hair after blow drying to give it a volumized, piecy look. Works great, lasts quite awhile. Occasionally, I'll feel an area after it has dried that is "hard" or "crunchy" but what mousse doesn't do that- one that has staying power at any rate? Would opt for the full size next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up with the volumizing shampoo and conditioner during the three for $21 sale. I really like it! My hair is very fine and straight so I'm always trying volumizing this or volumizing that. Compared to the mousse I was using, this works wonders. It really does volumize, last and smells great! The cons are that it is sticky and drying. All mousses are sticky, and this is only sticky right when you apply it. It fades nicely after you dry or brush your hair, so that's no problem. Yeah, it is a bit drying, but I actually liked that-it made my hair light, dry and fluffy and added to the volume. It was a soft dry, not too coarse. If you have oily/flat hair to begin with, it shouldn't be a problem. I recommend it for those who need volume!