December 22, 2014 | 1689 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sherryclinaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Burts Bees Citrus facial scrub.... what can I say, I am in LOVE with this product , I have problem skin, sensitive/dry with the tendancy to break out, I have tried soooo many scrubs and have always been disapointed, the citrus facial scrub is amazing ,it cleans exfoliates and leaves my skin feeling ( as others have said ) feeling like a babies bottom. It does take some getting used to getting the right amount on your hand with the right amount of water but once you get it it is great, the filmy feeling it leaves on the face is actually very moisturizing for me so this is the one thing some have said they don't like that I don't mind, because I am so dry. Unfortunatly for me to purchase this has become a real task as I have to order on line from ebay or amazon< Burts Bees won't ship this product to Canada any more , so I pay about double for it, but I still have not found anything to replace it that works as well...anyways sorry for being so long winded, I guess what I am trying to say is ... JUST TRY THIS PRODUCT !!!! You will love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by poisonapples

Caused my pores to become large and inflamed. As soon as I stopped using it the red bumps on my face went away.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

I just bought this product almost a week ago and I am currently testing out it's daily use claim...

I love the packaging, I love the smell and I love how concentrated it is! Only needing a small amount then adding some water is really nice, more bang for my buck (Even tho I spent under $10.00 for this at Target, in fact it was only $7.14).

I am currently doing a pre-cleanse with their Burt's Bees sensitive face wash then using the scrub (Only at night). I'm also dealing with some pregnancy hormones, so I'm not sure if that's what's causing a slight shift of some breakouts with my skin or if it's kinda doubled because I started on 2 new products?
I'm willing to keep using the scrub to find out...

It truly does feel gentle and I adore how soft my skin feels after each use!

I'll try to remember an update :)

::Update:: I have continued to use this nightly after the sensitive skin cleanser and LOVE how soft my skin feels after and the next morning when I cleanse again with the sensitive! I haven't even used half the jar yet and it's been over a month. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I think this might be the most exfoliating product I've ever used. It made my skin feel very smooth and soft. Also, it smells very orange-y, but not in a fake way. It's a very oily product, though, so it may not work for everyone. If you leave it on for very long, the oily/crumbly feeling gets really uncomfortable. On a side note, the packaging of this product is a terrible idea! It's a GLASS JAR - so don't bring it in the tub, lest it slip and fall. If you drop it, be very careful about using whatever product is left inside, even if the jar doesn't look broken. Little fragments could break off and end up in your scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, maybe mostly because I love natural products and this is 99% natural! Also, when I read the ingrediens I found that it contained some of my favourite things when it comes to skin care; almond (and almond oil), oat and rose petals, so obviously I had to but it.
It really does makes my skin feel really soft, clean and glowing. I personally love the smell, although you should not be thinking it's going to smell of citrus - it has more of a cinnamon/brown sugar kind of smell which is hard to explain, I like it however. The jar is kind of small, but will probably last long, and is not sanitary in any way (but you could always use teaspoon or somehing to get the product out). It's not pricey at all either. I will definitely buy this again and it has made me look into other Burt's Bees products too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I *would* buy this product again, and *have* done so on several occasions.

Last year I decided to take a look at my daily-use products, particularly shampoo, conditioner, and facial scrubs. I tried to read ingredient lists carefully, studying them with all my fading recollections of organic chemistry. Did they contain alcohol? What were the first few ingredients? Did they contain fragrance? Were there way too many molecules whose character or purpose I couldn't even take a wild guess on?

I was conducting this test at Target, by the way. In the past year or so, Target has really stepped up their so-called 'organic' / 'natural' selection of cosmetics/hygiene products. Still, I didn't want to become hooked on something that would run into the double digits.

Burt's Bees seemed to fit the picture. I know they're owned by Clorox now, but I still liked the little I knew of their 'earth friendly' company narrative.

The ingredient list was low on "what the heck is THAT" and heavy on oils (see ingredients listed above).

I use about a dime-size amount in the shower; I like the rough feeling of the scrub on my face, and my skin feels smoother after I rinse it off. It hasn't prevented the random pimples (those seem most affected by diet, exercise, and water intake), nor has it reduced acne scars. All the same, I do like this product. The citrusy smell- and, I guess, the "sweet almond" and "oat flour" components always remind me of the holidays. My silly association is "I'm putting gingerbread on my face!" Plus, it's paraben-free.

The small glass jar is cute, I suppose, but I wish I got more than 2 oz for $8. Also, I'm perennially nervous about dropping the glass jar in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by silkpuppet

I adore this facial scrub. It has a lovely, earthy fruity scent that is such a nice change from all the perfume-y face washes on the market. The size of the exfoliants (almonds, oats, and pecans) is perfect for my skin. The scrub is gritty enough to get dead skin and sebum off but not so rough that I get any redness or irritation. I used to love the St. Ives scrubs but they just do not have enough grit anymore. This Burt's Bees one has to be mixed with a little water to get a pasty consistency. I apply it after my face wash and it leaves my skin glowing and smooth. One lippie off because I wish this could come in a squeeze tube. It's annoying to dip my fingers in but I can deal :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub. But I found out if I use it after my fash wash it clogs my pores. So, I use it before my face wash and it works great. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by glitters1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have strayed from this scrub many times, and I always regret it! I have used this forever and love it. I use it in the shower every morning that way it really gets the scrub off of my face. It can leave this weird residue if you do not rinse it completely. It leaves my face so incredibly soft. My skin looks "glowing" after I use. It doesn't break me out. You have to make sure you get a small bit, mix it with a little water until it turns into a paste, and massage into skin. A little goes a long way, so it lasts for a good chunk of time. I will not stray again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Burt's bees never ceases to amaze me. Almost every product from them that I have tried, I fell in love, and this is no exception.
Leaves my skn baby smooth, clears my breakouts in no time! I use a washcloth with warm water to help remove it, that way it doesn't leave any trace of product in my skin, as it may sometimes have a wax" feeling if you don't wash it off properly.
I have to confess that sometimes I'll reach for it over my clarisonic - that's how good this thing is.