Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 2/11/2015 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honest review on this product. Hopefully it helps!!

I've been using Dior Airflash for almost a year now and I have yet to find an airbrush foundation that has topped it. The airbrush makes your face have a beautiful matte look, something you just can't get with powder and liquid. I am a huge fan of Dior makeup and definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for this type of look. Price is a little high and only lasts a month and a half, but definitely worth it.

Finally! Airbrush foundation of great quality in the UK. I could only ever order airbrush make up from the US but am sooo glad Dior came up with this.

I first saw it in Selfridges and the makeup artist at the Dior counter (who is brilliant) showed me that you have spray it at a distance from your face with a really light touch. It's a mist effect so you have to press very lightly on the foundation while holding your arm under the area you are spraying to prevent spreading. It feels like you are wearing air on your skin.

It gives you a perfect airbrushed look. You have to set it ever so slightly with a brush but really if you spray it correctly you shouldn't need it. I did go to a few Dior counters in Bantalls in Kingston, John Lewis and Selfridges and unfortunately the makeup artists in the UK don't seem to be as airbrush make up savvy as the artists in the US so they will all try and advise you to spray it on a brush then apply it or spray it on your face and then correct with a brush. IGNORE THEM!

USE A LIGHT TOUCH WHEN SPRAYING AND ENSURE YOUR HAIR IS HELD BACK BY A BAND YOU CAN REMOVE

on 1/30/2015 3:51:00 PM

This is a good foundation but sometimes found it to be too drying

on 12/12/2014 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This foundation is my favourite foundation of all times. I purchased this a month ago and have used it every single day since, and will probably continue to do so for a very long time. I have acne prone skin and this does NOT break me out since it is so light, yet it still delivers the perfect coverage. I absolutely, 100% advise that anyone that is self conscious about their skin, tries this, because it will give you flawless, healthy, glowing skin! It smells amazing too, typical Dior scent!

on 11/28/2014 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The longer I used this foundation the less I liked it. At first it was great. It was quick application and loved the coverage. It had almost medium-full coverage and felt like I was wearing only BB cream. BUT soon the flaws came out. The makeup did not wear well throughout the day. It grabs onto any baby hairs on your face and looks patchy. It will also rub off extremely easily if ANYTHING touches your face. The application seemed easy but I did not feel like I had much control. I could not spray on small areas without wasting the aerosol and I am extremely blonde so spraying too far would end up caking in my hairline. I know I could spray on my hand and then apply, but this takes away from the complete airbrushed look. The price is a little high for a subpar product that lasts less than a month. All in all, the concept is great but falls short.

on 11/17/2014 5:57:00 PM

I love this foundation so much. It provides great coverage despite being a thin formula. It is also applied so quickly! I spray a light dusting on my face then tap it in with my shu lightbulb sponge. It smooths out all my imperfections enough that I dont even bother with concealor. The finish is great, it is slightly luminous but never greasy looking. Its fantastic on my dry skin.

Only two negatives which kept this from being a ***** review. The price and color.
price- I sporadically try cheaper foundations but always come back.
color-In the dead of winter the palest shade isnt quite light enough for me. So i use this about 9 months a year very happily.

on 11/15/2014 9:14:00 PM

*************This is an updated review****************
Still loved the finish but it really clogged my pores -> you could see the little white spots on my face, but not the kind of allergic reaction. As a result, my skin is becoming oily, or at least you feel oily during the day, and with this "mask". However when you look into the mirror, it's not that bad.

I think I'll keep this for an evening out but not really day to day.

---------
Previously

Holy cr*p this is amazing!! I have used from Chanel, YSL, Dior to Stila, Boujors and CoverFX....

This gives an air flash finish that doesn't oxidize (linen 021) only, and last for at least 5 hours , even through my work out.

Pretty awesome.

The price? oh well, when you get older, having good skin is something money really can't buy back, so $62 it is!

p.s. i spray to shiseido foundation brush directly.

on 11/5/2014 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Me - Currently, a bit darker than N10 in summer, lighter than N10 in winter. Dry, dehydrated skin.

This foundation has a beautiful finish if it works for your skin. Sadly, it didn't work for me for two reasons.

(1) The shade selection is limited. I used the lightest available - 100. I'd probably peg it at somewhere around N15. So, it was dark for N10 me. It wasn't a big surprise that even the lightest shade would be dark. However, from a distance it was a nice finish and I would have sheered it out or used it when I tanned up, but for reason 2.

(2) It's horrible on dry and/or dehydrated skin. It accentuated every dry spot - even those I didn't know I had. It also stung my dry skin (alcohol maybe?). It looked good from a distance, but horrible and aging up close.

Application: I applied this a few ways - (1) spraying it on, which was really easy and provided good even coverage. I liked this method as it was quick and easy. However, this method accentuated my dry skin and any random baby hairs the most. (2) spraying it on the back of my hand, then using a damp beauty blender, which was good too. (3) spraying it on the back of my hand then using a foundation brush.

Coverage: Medium, but buildable. However, if you need extra coverage for certain areas, you'll likely still need a concealer.

Price: $62 for 2.3oz.

This foundation would probably work best for those with normal to oily skins, if you can find a shade. I wish it worked for me because it is beautiful on others.

on 10/31/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage but not heavy!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials