November 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Powder - Prestige - MultiFinish Wet Dry Powder Foundation

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jmdmdm

Awesome product and cheap! Definitely comparable to MAC studiofix. Infact, I like this much better, it's not as heavy as MAC and more natural looking. The shades are awesome too, I have a hard time finding the right color for my skin in drugstore makeup. I'm glad to have found something so workable for so cheap. Definitely check it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by x3calliexx3

First off I've been looking every where for this product! I finally found it at probably the most random place possible, bed bath & beyond. I was so excited to see they had this product I almost screamed! I bought mine for exactly $6.79, which is a VERY reasonable price for this product. I've always had a really hard time finding the right shade of foundation at drug stores which is why I go for department store makeup, but this foundation powder matches my skin tone PERFECTLY!! It goes on really smooth and silky but I did find that if you don't buff in the product or use a base that it can look cakey. I use it over a tinted moisturizer and avoid using it around my eyes to prevent creasing. I've only had this product for a couple of days.. but i really do love it, and i recommend it to anyone who can find it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

**This is my first powder, so I can't really compare it to anything else.
Anyway, after reading all of the reviews here, I decided to buy this at a local pharmacy (my eyeliner was smudging like crazy and I read that putting powder to soak up the oil on the upper lid and lower lid will keep it from smudging) in Warm Ivory. The packaging is bulky so I did not bring it to class, and it was hard for me to open the lid at first, but it became easier later on. I find the best way to apply this without looking cakey (yes, it does get cakey especially around the eye area) is to use a powder brush and sweep it on places where I spot concealed. This made my eyeliner last longer as well as my concealer. It also gave me a "no makeup-y" look and it controlled oil on my nose the entire day..without touch-ups. Will buy this again, and will be really mad if my local pharmacy stops carrying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Soyamonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow ! I heard good things about this dual wet dry foundation powder from Prestige Cosmetics and it's true. I was a long time Huge fan of Lancome Dual Finish powder but this a good powder foundation for oily combination skin types who like a matte/semi matte finish. Plus you can buy 3 powders vs Lacome's price for 1 ( YeaH ! ) I'm exploring the Prestige line more and more and I'm really impressed of the Quality. The eyeshadows are amazing and creamy like MAC and the color range is good. Way to go Prestige !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by janiiepoo

I love the Prestige eyeliners! So, I thought, lemme try their foundation or whatnot. So, I did. I ABSOLUTELY STRONGLY DISLIKE THIS. This broke me out....and gave me large pores. This does not give coverage. It dosen't cover anything on my skin at all! I have it in soft spice. If you get it in your eyes, it stings and burns so bad! Also, it was 7.99 US, a lil pricey-ish. I loved the packaging, it comes with a mirror and a sponge ish thing. But, to not waste some good 8.00, I use it as a eyeshadow. It's slight too light for me, so I like to use it as an eyeshadow. A gorgeous natural everyday look for school! Overall, It dosen't give good coverage, it gave me larger pores. If you don't like it, you could use it as an eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! It takes a lot for me to get excited over a cosmetic product, so take my word. First off, can I just say how sophisticated and simple the packaging is?!? What may appear to some people a bulky compact in fact isn't, because the application sponge is kept separate (in the bottom compartment) from the makeup. It's separated by the mirror (which is on the underside of the makeup-containing pan), so the product doesn't come into unnecessary contact w/the sponge, meaning it's much more sanitary. (which people should appreciate!) I use this to set my Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation; I get a flawless, beautiful finish that lasts all day. I've never tried applying this wet/damp, mostly because I've just not had the need or desire to do so. The texture of the powder is very smooth, and it goes on so nicely, almost velvety to the touch. It's very high quality, especially considering the inexpensive price tag. (I paid about $7) Coverage is buildable. Like I said, I normally use it to set my foundation, which I do by applying w/my Ecotools powder brush. But it works equally great on its own, over an under-eye/spot concealer (just apply a bit more for a med-light/medium coverage). I prefer this over my MAC Studio Fix, and it's a fraction of the cost. I use 'Wheat,' which is a PERFECT match. (I'm a C3/NC20 for reference.) Highly recommend this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Kcairns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this online for about £1.50 after seeing so many positive reviews here on MUA. For me this was just an average pressed powder. On its own it offered very little coverage, whether used wet or dry. That said it does give a nice natural looking finish and would probably work very well for someone with really good skin looking for a powder just to reduce shine and maybe even out skintone a little. I don't use this as foundation but I do use it for touch ups. I won't buy this again but I'm happy enough to finish the one I've got.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a powder foundation for a while, and have used MA reviews to help me in my search. I decided to try the Prestige powder foundation; I bought mine from Beauty Encounter, which had a fairly reasonable shipping price. Harmon Discount was my first choice, as the price was less expensive, as was the shipping, but they did not carry the Warm Ivory shade, which is what I am reviewing. This was a very good color for my NW15 skin. I have tried the Neutrogena powder foundation, Mineral Sheers, in the lightest shade, which is also a fair match, but the texture was not as smooth as I wished. The Prestige foundation has a nicely smooth texture--it is not as buttery smooth as some luxury brands I have tested at Sephora. But the foundation is under $8, and that was the deal-breaker for me. I would say that the coverage is sheer to light; more coverage over sun spots or some blemished areas can be achieved by patting on extra foundation carefully. I have very oily skin and do have to blot mid-day, but that is the case with every foundation I have ever tried. There is no scent that I can detect, which is great. My only complaint is that the mirror is under the pan of foundation, so that you must flip the pan up and down between getting more foundation on the sponge, and using the mirror to apply it. (I also dislike this feature in the Neutrogena foundation.) I apply this over a matte finish sunscreen, and it is quick, easy, and gives a fairly matte finish. I will buy this again, no doubts at all. I wish that it was still sold at Ulta or Walgreens, but alas, I suppose I will have to stock up to save a little on shipping. I hope this review has been helpful.

Edit 10/03/09 I have sadly taken one star from my review. When I have applied this product near a window in bright light, I have noticed quite a bit of shine to the powder which does NOT look good on my skin. I thought that I had found a great serviceable product, but it does not seem to be a good formulation for me. This may work well for others, who do not mind or even prefer a bit of shine in their foundation. I am now exploring NYC's pressed mineral foundation formula, and that seems to be going well so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by DreamsofShoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product because it had fantastic reviews on here, but I have a couple complaints about it. I have dry skin that is usually ok, but even over a high quality moisturizer this foundation made my skin look flaky and dull. Also, it had a weird sticky texture once it was on my skin. It is sort of hard to explain.
The packaging is really great though. There is a pretty big mirror, and a sponge (that I wouldn't really recommend using) that fit underneath the product.

Update:
I like applying this with a kabuki over a sheer liquid foundation (although it doesnt need it). The trick to making it look good is spraying your face with something, I use water, and blending lightly with either a fluffy brush or a skunk brush. It takes away the powdery look that bothered me. Not all stores that carry prestige carry this product and the stores that do carry it are often out of the lightest 2 shades. I love that this works with water, because the finish it leaves is very nice and even.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by islandgyrl927

Simply put, if you don't like cakiness, you will LOVE this powder! I've used so many different powder foundations, from Maybelline to Estee Lauder and Mac. Although this might not quite be HG status for me, I'm pretty damn happy with it enough to consider it my powder foundation of the moment. Like the previous reviewer, I don't use this alone as a foundation, but mainly to set my liquid foundation and give it that spunk of extra coverage for a flawless effect. I've spent hours (literally) on MUA simply searching for a powder foundation that doesnt cake and that doesnt make me look like a ghost in pictures like studio fix does. It doesnt quite have the coverage of studio fix (which is the reason why I cant wear it alone), but I don't mind at all because I use Mary Kay concealer and Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting liquid foundation (My absolute HG!!!) to take care of covering the blotchiness and blemishes on my skin, and then I apply this using my Everyday Minerals flat top brush and the effect is absolutely gorgeous!!! For reference, I'm an NC30-35 and I use this in soft spice which is a great color match. I also tried NYX twin cake, but I prefer this one. There's only one more powder foundation I wanna try. It's another wet/dry powder foundation from Palladio, and if I could get a good color match I will try it, but only because I'm always searching for something better :) If and when I do try the Palladio one, I'm gonna take a break from searching for my HG powder foundation because I am already quite pleased with this one, and this one will be hard to beat!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No