November 26, 2014 | 1853 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure what it is about this product but, it does not agree with my hair. It leaves my color treated, medium texture, curly hair feeling even more rough and dry than before.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Miaasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Curessence which was really amazing stuff. My hair grew to so unbelievably thick and healthy that I really would stop "is this my hair?" People would stop me and ask if it was my hair too! It would just bounce with body and was healthy in every way. I'd never seen my hair like that healthy & long. I was sooooooooooo soooooooooo upset when Aveda discontinued Curessence. I bought as much as I could and even any last bottles from E-bay and stretched it out by watering down until the last drop evaporated! And there went my hair care routine evaporated too. I was that upset - that it took me ages to even consider trying this. Well I'm glad I eventually did/ was forced to once my hair went back to straw and started to break off. Well my my hair is back in town stronger than ever and once again soft healthy. I'm getting a smooth texture I never ever experienced before. I was even doing half head comparisons with other products - to try and disprove that it really is this product working as well as it is. I feel and see the clear difference as soon as I apply it. NOTHING gets my hair this soft, smooth and detangled - it's like I'm discovering a completely new head of hair. The increase in my hair strength is absolutely evident. I can't say it's expensive because you get what you pay for - quality - and a little really does go a long way. For me no other products has delivered results anywhere even close. As far as packaging I wish is that Aveda went back to glass. But as far as this product - it really does what it says on the tin/ tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Jmeela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As someone who use to work for Aveda, I can tell you that this treatment and Blue Malva conditioner are the only two products in the Aveda hair collection that actually work for me. This treatment works especially well on highlighted hair. Many may not see results with this treatment unless they are letting it sit for at least 20 minutes before washing it out. I usually leave it in my hair over night and wash it out in the morning. It always ensures a great hair day! I will always have this product in my collection!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive but WORTH IT. Makes hair sooo soft. I use it about once a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by oopsyadaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. Aveda rocks. My hair is dry wavy and damaged. I did a lot of research online and decided to try this because of all the hype. This stuff has saved my hair. I do a lot of hairstyling as my hair is longer and this has protected it to the best of its ability. I tested out the shampoo version of this but was not impressed but this treatment is the cats meow. Leave it in for a while. I always do and I also glom it on. The smell I didn't really care for in the beginning but I don't care now. I don't buy something because it smells nice. I buy it because it works. You can make it even better by putting a plastic bag over your hair and putting the blow dryer on and it will make it even better. It is yellow and pasty looking. But I DONT CARE if it was green and purple. It works. Period. And you can use this everyday too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Anlbe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry brittle hair which I highlight. Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment is hands down the best conditioner for my hair. I have tried all of the phyto and kerastase intensive conditioners for dry or very dry hair over the years and none of them have worked as well for me as this. It prevents my hair from tangling and makes it softer and even a bit shinny! I use it once a week and sparingly (about 10p sized dollop for my mid back length) on towel dried hair. That's the one thing I have to be carefull about with it as it doesn't do well if I use too much of it making my hair feel a bit sticky?

Because I'm a bit of a hair product junky I imagine I'll keep trying to find something even better, but so far no other product has come close.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by kalzangdrunma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. My hair is very long (about 24+ inches or to my waist), coarse, curly, and dry. (I am a woman of colour.) Even though it is expensive, it's one of the best maintenance products I've ever used. (It's been difficult for me to find *any* hair products that work well with my hair.) I use it sparingly: once every two weeks or so. It lasts me a long time. I find that it helps to moisturize and protect my hair. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this concentrate, I'm on the 4th or 5tth bottle. I really abuse my hair. I over process by having blonde hair w/blonde highlights, I constantly heat style with blow drying, ironing, curling etc... I need to use these hair masks quite regulairly. It's like butter for my over-processed hair. I massage it in my hair then gently use a very wide tooth comb to detangle then thow it up with a clip for 10 minutes. I try to use this on a Sunday night so I can let my hair air dry. It really makes my hair shinny, soft and sliky. And it's Aveda so it smells divine.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by vespertilia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't do anything for me, which surprised me since I am a diligent user of Aveda's Damage Remedy Leave-in Conditioner. My hairdresser practically bullied me into buying this, meaning maybe I should find a new hairdresser... Good thing I only got the small tube, because this is going to sit on the shelf for a long time.

It lives up to neither the price tag nor Aveda's self-proclaimed high standards of nature-purity-science-art or whatever. When I massaged it in, it instantly made my hair feel waxy and weighed down, a feeling that didn't go away once I rinsed it out - not nice.

Once dried, my hair was minimally less frizzy, but that's about it. It still had a waxy, coarse feel to it, as if every single hair was coated in something. Overall, it gave an unpleasant texture that kept me wishing all day that I hadn't used the so-called "treatment". Unlike other reviewers, however, I do like the smell of Aveda products, which I find very unobtrusive.

Maybe I'm using it wrong or need to keep trying until I see results, but the way things look, I'll stick to the Daily Hair Repair which leaves my hair feeling supple, shiny and light.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not in love with this product...I love the smell, but it literally does almost nothing, and in fact, it actually makes my color-treated hair feel more damaged after using it...good thing I got a sample and didn't waste $$ on this.