September 23, 2014 | 1701 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive worn dis once n ive never found any other perfumes dat smells like dis. The best perfume for me. Fruity, girly n fresh. One perfume dat i'll nvr forget for the rest of my life..a bit pricey tho.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is an amazingly fresh scent. I cannot stop sniffing my wrist when I wear Petite Cherie! The smell is that of a sharp floral/grapefruity/soapy aroma. Definitly one of the best fragrances I have ever purchased! *** Word of Caution: Buy the EDT instead of the EDP. It will not last as long as the EDP but it smells much better. The EDP is very strong and smells different in my opinion...almost too chemically. ***

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Merrie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yummmmmmmmmmm.. Per usual I'm late to the party. I love Jo Malone and asked for a similiar fragrance house and was recommended to try Annick Goutal. I ordered a sample of the EDT and fell in love.

I am not a major nose on MUA so this is just a review from an average sniffer who has WAY too many perfumes.. so even though I've now tested the EDT and EDP I couldn't pick out the sublte nuances between the two. I couldn't even tell you one lasted longer than the other because my skin seems to eat perfume.

What I can tell you is that this is lovely. Unique (though I own and love Benefit's Maybe Baby.. and it is similiar.. especially 5 minutes spraying it.. Maybe Baby is a bit more abrasive and assertive.. Petite Cherie more creamy). Petite Cherie smells like pears and apples and yumminess to me.. it doesn't last long though and trust me. I sprayed literally 10 times .. in my hair.. clothes.. skin... and I could smell me about 30 minutes and I don't think there is an ounce of sillage. I want it though.. I'm afraid to buy it on amazon or overstock because everyone says it can spoil quickly and I flit through my collectoin so much I have and love them for years.. so the 160 dollar price tag (on something that may spoil before I use even a 1/4 of it) is daunting. But I love it. If you've never tried this, please do. It's enchanting and whimsical.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought whole bottle of EDP .This smells like peach and very sweet at first 10 minutes,then I smell just pure soap,nothing else.It is expensive and not worthy IMO.The only thing I like is packaging..
I am offering for swap now..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

THIS SMELLS AMAZING (for two minutes!!!!) Oh how I wish you lasted longer on my skin! to me it smells like sweet and almost frosty pears, the most delicious pears you have ever smelled. The dry down if detectable at all is sort of soapy and meh. SAD SAD SAD.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

This smells like heaven. Pears, vanilla but most of all on me is freshly cut grass. So sweet, young, natural, and beautiful. For about 5 minutes. Ok, exaggerating a little, but 2 hours tops best case scenario, 30-45 minutes on me. Too bad, woulda been my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Ah this fragrance tortures me !
It's most unique , ethereal and emotional. Pears -rose, grass and vanilla. It's almost got a zen qualtiy to it- infused by love by the creator for her daughter. Definitely a gift of love.
Apparently Annick Goutal was very interested in the smells of pears and rose - that pear could smell so similar to rose. Petite Cherie is a classic example of this. Rose Splendide as well.
Pears - bright ,sweet and natural followed by a true rose note leading to grass and light ,subtle, natural vanilla in the dry down .
This scent tortures me because the aroma is delectable and the longevity even of the EDP is sorely lacking.
However, I continue to love it.
On good days the EDP lasts 2 hours on my skin and for hours or even till the next day on fabric and hair .
On skin - on a bad day I can hardly smell it except for a storng alcoholic tinge before a weak pears and vanilla aroma.A mystery because the juice from the same bottle of Petite Cherie will smell divine and as it was intended ,on a good day !

Sometimes the most beautiful things in life are neither free nor lasting.
I want to reject it for the lack of staying power and the price but it draws me in again because there is nothing in the world like this smell of love.

Please try and buy this scent at full price only - it's worth it for fresh stock - discounted stores may well have old stock and if your Petite Cherie goes off , you'll be heartbroken .

4 lippies for packaging because the sprayers on the dragoon bottles are not very efficient - there is no smooth action when pressing down and the spray area is quite wide.
I also do not recommend unscrewing your bottle for fun or even decant purposes - it rarely screws down properly again and may leak if you put it in your bag.
This has happened to me with my AG's Folavril bottle .

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I purchased a large bottle of this scent thinking that I loved it in the store..but I took it home and it has a strong chemical smell to it after 30 minutes on my skin. It smells very sweet like canned pears and maraschino cherries--very preserved and processed. It is very light and I had to keep spraying my wrists and neck. I hate to have to spray it on my clothing but that is the only way this fragrance will have staying power. I am a big Annick Goutal fan and this scent is probably my least favorite. Try annick goutal vanille gourmande instead!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jenandhansun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed for this fragrance. A saleswoman at Neiman Marcus sprayed the EDT on my wrist and I couldn't stop sniffing it. I bought the EDP right away on Perfumania. When I got it and sprayed myself, I found that it only lasted 20 MINUTES TOPS!!

I returned that bottle and went back to Neiman Marcus, thinking maybe the Perfumania stock was old. I started using my second EDP bottle, and found that it too only lasted 20-30 minutes tops.

I tried spraying 3-4 times, thinking that more sprays would make the smell last longer, but nothing worked. I am spraying it on my clothes and on my skin both, and I still run into the same problem! I am so sad I wasted $100 on 1.7oz EDP that does not even last.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by roachz81

This is my FAVOURITE perfume of all time! I fell in love with the smell when i tested it on at a store, found it really pleasant and went for a bicycle ride after. The sweetness is subtle, a little hint of floral but fresh at the same time, and i could not help smelling myself (while cycling!!) and decided this was what i have been looking for. The perfume really made my day and gave me such a good mood :) But sadly....... the price was prohibitively expensive in Japan, 12000yen (USD120) for a 50ml EDT. I hesitated for quite a few months and finally i had a chance to go to Paris. I passed by the Annick Goutal store by mistake and rushed in! I got a 100ml Petite Cherie EDT for 98 euros which the is same price of a 50ml in Japan, outrageous... I was so happy and the service at the store was sooo good. A very fashionable elderly lady advised me to get the EDT instead of the EDP. She said EDP can be too heavy, and said that if i wanted it to smell stronger, all i had to do was to spritz it a few more times. She gave me a bottle with lovely blue polka dot ribbons which was a limited edition. Before i left the store, she told me to stand still, came with a bottle, and sprayed me all over, and bid me goodbye with a "voilą"! My friends then told me that the lady who served us was the same lady whose picture was on the wall! So, she was Annick Goutal herself! Indeed this was one of the most memorable shopping experience that i have had :)) In terms of the EDT's lasting power, i think it lasts pretty well. I usually do 3 spritz before dressing up: left and right from 30cm away on the general neck-chest area, and one in the air to walk into. Usually the smell still lingers until around 4-5pm on a normal work day, but smells "warmer". I am very satisfied with this product and would definitely repurchase.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No