October 25, 2014 | 1665 users online

Foundations - Besame - Souffle Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by CaliChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this foundation for about 6 months now, but only recently can I say that I LOVE it. At first, I was using a foundation brush to apply. Even though I was using a small amount, it seemed too heavy and left a flat finish on my face. I started using it just to cover my rosacea and was using another foundation for the rest of my face. But today I tried applying it with a skunk brush, and WOW. What a difference. I just tap the brush in the glass tub and that's all I need for my entire face. It covered beautifully, didn't feel caked on, and really just gave me a flawless finish. I can now say that I love the foundation. It lasts all day and the tub will surely last a while. The $18 price tag is a bit steep, but seeing how long this will last, I'm willing to spend that. I use the Besame finishing powder on top and it leaves a really natural, polished look to my skin. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by radiocure11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this doesn't come in my perfect shade and it is expensive. BUT, I can mix the Bisque and Yellow Cameo to get the right color, a tiny bit goes a long way, AND it wears so well! It really feels and looks good, you can control how much coverage you want from it. It's not oily-feeling, can double as a concealer. It smells great! (Though I know fragrance in cosmetics is a problem for some people). All in all, I can't help but love this stuff! And the pot, while not really the best/most convenient or user-friendly packaging, is so darn cute!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by qwendy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A fantastically generous MUA'er RAOK'ed me this foundation and I was delighted, but I recalled having read about it on the Besame site and thought there was a troublesome ingredient, so I just looked in to it again. Bingo: Petrolatum is the third ingredient, Hello! I can't imagine that a company that seems to be doing such a thoughtful consumer based job with it's products would be basing it's foundation on a Petroleum Product in this day and age. I have just tested it on my forehead (before I looked up the ingredients) as it is oily at the end of the day, and this foundation needed a slippery base, having a VERY firm texture in the jar. Not only is the consistency a bit masklike, i can actually feel a kind of stiffness on my forehead, where I applied it.

Petrolatum (Vaseline!), as well as the beloved KA SSE main ingredient Mineral Oil, is derived from fossil fuels, and for many people, actually breaks down the natural oils in your skin, having a corrosive quality, actually drying your skin even though it is an oil. I am one of those people, as well as the poor gal up top who got cystic acne from this product! If your skin is not tough as nails, do yourself a favor and check ingredients scrupulously for these ingredients before even testing products that contain them!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by strapon

I found bisque to be an almost perfect color match for my skin, this foundation stays in place all day and looks awesome on - medium to full coverage - so why exactly do I have an issue with this product? My skin began breaking out all over in small pimples and CYSTIC ACNE - which I have never, ever gotten from ANY other product that I've used. Don't think just because your skin doesn't normally react with anything that it will be okay with everything... I have painful acne on my chin and forehead to remind me of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this in december based on MUA reviewers-the besame company offer free samples with $18 order so i got it in bisque and yellow cameo. THe bisque is very pale and the yellow cameo is too yellow for me but when i use the two together the combination is awesome. It is winter here in Boston and i have been using the bisque for the last 3 weeks with my everyday minerals powder and bronzer and have gotten some great compliments. It is more of a heavy cream texture as opposed to a lotion so i find i need to apply a good moisturizer before i put this on. The coverage is great, the staying power is phenomenal-it literally lasts all day. I got the loose transluscent powder with the trio promotion and that has proved to be great power which i apply after the foundation. All in all it looks very natural with the everyday mineral powder and bronzer applied over it. Most importantly it has not caused any irritation and my skin is very calm with continued use. I love it and will continue to use it and recommend it to others.
Shipping is slow but the customer service is fab. With my first order i forgot to add the trio and a single phone call ensured it was added. I had also ordered yellow cameo and got bisque instead and the sales team immediately shipped me a yellow cameo for no cost and allowed me to keep the bisque. It does not get any better than that in the customer service dept and so highly recommend this product and this company.

Addendum: Besame has discontinued this foundation in bisque-i am really disappointed as this is a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am loving this foundation. I agree with the reviewers who compared it to KA SSE. It's a thick, heavily pigmented foundation like SSE. But IMHO, the KA SSE is more heavily pigmented than the Besame Souffle while the Besame Souffle has more slippage than KA SSE. I love both SSE and this foundation. I have this in bisque, which is perfect for my PPP skin with cool undertones. A lot of foundations are too yellow for me, but this one is not. I think it's more neutral than it is cool, but it's definitely not warm IMO. I debated buying this for a while but finally caved in when they offered the GWP trio (which I also love). This foundation blends beautifully into my skin. That's pretty amazing considering how dense it is. The key, as noted below by other reviewers, is to just use a tiny amount and blend it well into your skin. This one tub will last me forever because it takes so little to do my entire face. It just blends right in. I'm exceptionally pleased with the finish and wear of it. I've applied it with my fingers and with my beautyblender sponge. Both work well, but I prefer the sponge application. I haven't tried it with a foundation brush yet. I've been happy with the Besame products I've tried (especially the Crimson rouge). Next I want to try the foundation primer/moisturizer. Also, as an aside, I ordered samples with my order as well and they came in nice sealed tiny plastic tubs with printed labels for each. I love the fact Besame products are so heavily pigmented. They are tiny (except for the foundation), and on the negative side, the small size makes it harder to open them IMHO. But the packaging is lovely. Also, as an aside, I don't work for the company. :) 4-28-08 update: Besame is discontinuing this foundation. I'm glad I have it, but I'm not sad I won't be able to repurchase. After wearing it a lot more I realized it doesn't wear as well or as long as other foundations I use. It looks nice in the morning, but by the end of the day it can leave something to be desired. It doesn't compare to KA SSE like I initially thought it would/did. The telling sign is what you find yourself reaching for most often in your stash. I find myself reaching for KA SSE above all my other foundations (I'm into foundation). And after repeated use, I find that I do not reach for the Besame foundation that often. Although I like the denseness and the fact it is more moisturizing that other foundations I have. It also makes a nice concealer. I'm still giving it five lipsticks because it's a solid product I will continue to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY THINK PEOPLE FROM THE COMPANY ARE WRITING SOME OF THESE REVIEWS - OR MAYBE I'M JUST BITTER BECAUSE OF THE HORRIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT - NO OFFENSE INTENDED

Well, maybe I am an example of what the last reviewer was talking about but... HOLY YUCK! First of all, I spent 18 dollars on two small average lipglosses to get three tiny (and crappy) samples of the foundation (you can not buy the samples separately any longer and can only receive them with a full size purchase). The miniscule pots of sample foundation are so sloppy I can't even read the color that is written on the lid (in a sharpie). And it took almost two weeks to deliver them.

Ok, fine, I was willing to accept and move on if the foundation was any good, but it has to be one of the worst foundations I have ever used. All of the colors I received are yellow. I don't mean yellow-based, I mean yellow. They look ridiculous no matter how little I use. I used a little tiny tiny dab on each cheek and lovingly blended it into each cheek and... nothing. This did not mask my rosacea. This did not hide the small birthmark under my eye. This DID sit in each and every pore and cling to every dry spot like I have never seen. If nothing else, at least this product showed me how desperately in need of some exfoliation I am.

I expected a luminous, dewy finish. I could have gotten the same effect from rubbing my concealer all over my face and then coating powder on top. I probably should've have done that instead and saved myself the $18 bucks. For the record, the lipglosses were hydrating, but the scent was a little overpowering and they were definitely more frosted than shiny.

Good luck, but don't say I didn't warn ya...

For the record, I, too, have sampled almost every kind of foundation on the market (from super high end to drugstore). This was, by far, one of the worst disappointments. I simply can not imagine how this would be wearable for anyone. (I still can't believe that the miniature plastic samples were labeled with smudged magic marker.... how classy! Just think of all the money that they must be saving from purchasing small stickers - HA!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why Besame calls this a "souffle" like foundation escapes me. I was expecting someting light and fluffy and along the lines of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. But this foundation is the opposite: It comes in a small pot and has the touch of a concealer to it. At first I was shocked and saw myself with a cakey mess on my face and was already cursing myself for having caved into the hype. When I DID actually give it a try I was still undecided about whether I like this or not. First of all the concealer like texture is something you need to get used to. Previous reviewers said how little goes a long way so after the first shock I just swirled my finger over the rather solid surface and placed a dot of fdnt on my cheek. Then I simply spread it with my fingertips and VOILA! A dime sized dot of this product on my skin was all I needed on my cheeks, from my eye area, down to the chin. Dime sized may sound big but it is basically flat, not three dimensional like a dimesized dab of liquid fdtn (do I make sense at all?!). I use one touch of my fingertip on each of my cheeks my chin, nose and on my forehead. As weird as the texture seems at first, it blends into the skin REALLY well, stays ALL day, is practically invisible and keeps me matte for about 8hrs. So even though the glass jar seems rather small, little REALLY does go a long way. Coverage is great. In fact, I use this instead of concealer under my eyes. I am MAC NW20 and I use this in Bisque. If you are any darker than NW/NC20, then this is not for you. Also, Bisque is more pink than yellow toned. I can see how people might be disappointed with this because it is easy to apply it the wrong way. Do not use too much. The fdtn is HIGHLY pigmented and blendable. Give it some time before you judge the result. It is easy to be disappointed with this product in the first two minutes after applying it, and then you are likely to either use more (too much) or toss it right away. Let this fdnt set for at least two minutes, it literally melts into your skin. You do not need a whole lot. If I apply my shade on my NW20 skin I look like a ghost for the first minute, after that, it adapts to my skintine beautifully.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by slgcamp

Love, love, love this foundation. Being such a makeup junkie, I have tried 3/4 of the foundations out there (at last count I had bought over 100 in the last 18 months) and this one is great. Covers my mild rosacea, does not settle into fine lines, and actually lasts throughout the day! I did have to sample several colors before I got a perfect match, but honey matched perfectly. Great product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an exceptional foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mcr29

Maybe I'm applying it wrong, but this foundation doesn't seem to work for me. It gives beautiful even coverage, but highlights pores and skin flakes, not to mention the limited shade range. I'm NW25 and look like a ghost in the bisque. I also can feel it just sitting on my skin. It looks nice from a distance, sortof, but up close, a total mess.