December 19, 2014 | 1656 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I ordered it online and I wasn't sure if the color is going to suit me or not.
But it's perfect for me (NW20).
This is a truly great product I would always recommend (BB has many great shades of it, I am sure there is plenty of choice for everybody out there).
It can get a bit drying on the lips, but I don't care a lot about that, since you can always add some balm or gloss over the top.
When I don't really have enough time to do my make up, and I look really tired: just a tiny amount of this on cheeks and lips (together with mascara and maybe a drop or two of concealer) works miracles.
It looks very natural, as if you wouldn't wear any make up at all.
That is what I like the most about this product.
The consistency is great, and it is really very easy to work with this product and to blend it.
I use it on the lips with a brush, or with my fingers - it works both ways.
I would love to have some more colors.
The container is big, and you only need small amounts of this product.
It is going to last for ages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP a little while ago, along with a mini foundation brush. Really liking it so far. Here are my thoughts...

COLOUR: When I first looked at it I thought it was way too red for my fair skin, but when blended it actually looks amazing. Gives a really fresh flushed look. On the lips, it gives a nice 'bitten' effect that looks surprisingly natural. So I would say to fair skinned girls that, if you apply this lightly, there's no need to feel intimidated by the colour.

APPLICATION: I find this slightly hard to blend on my cheeks with my fingers, so I use the foundation brush to blend it in. At that point my foundation brush has a bit of foundation left on it, which I think helps to spread the product and blend it into my base. Then I powder my face lightly and apply BB's powder blush in tawny over the top. It looks great, the perfect level of rosiness. For the lips, I just dab it on lightly and put a nude gloss over the top.

LASTING POWER: This doesn't last as long without powder blush over the top, but with the tawny layered over it I can detect the rosy glow underneath all day.

PACKAGING: I love the little pot. It's really sleek and handy to carry around.

VALUE: Obviously I got this for free, but I think it is definitely worth the normal price. You get loads - I've been using this for almost a month and have barely made a dent.

VERDICT: This is a really fantastic and versatile product. I'm dying to try it in the other colours, particularly blushed rose, but this shade is wonderful and I'm really glad I received it because I would never have chosen it myself. The pot will last forever. Perfect for a natural 'pinched cheek and bitten lips' look. Highly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by chov

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This may be my HG lip and cheek color in one. I got this free from a BB SA after he messed up on a couple of my hauls and when I got it home it instantly became my favorite. It's just the perfect color for me (light skin with golden undertones, blond hair, blue-green-gray eyes) - a little dab on my lips and cheeks instantly brightens up my face and makes me look 10 times better. I find that no matter what I'm wearing on my face that day, I always turn to this at some point and without fail, I look better than I did before. I keep it with me at all times!! FYI: he said it was "new" so I guess that means it's coming back with all the new upcoming BB products. I will definitely buy another. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I just love BB's blushes and I now have all of them. Just got this off of ebay and I really love the color. I agree that this has a lot of red in it, making the rose pink very deep, but not fushia. Just a deep, flushed rosy pink. One of the more pigmented colors that requires very little to show up on my MMM skin. Very close to my natural flush but not quite as plum as my own flush seems to be. You can tone this down with the pale pink, or make it more plummy with Velvet Plum or brown it up with summer tan...or just about combo you want. These rouges are just so versatile and lasts all day on my combo-oily skin. On my lips its even more red, but looks very natural. Like I just have very pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this colour off eBay since it's LE. First of all, let me just say that I have never been so compelled to collect all the colours of any one product, but these pot rouges are so amazing that this will be a first. The colour Rose is a beautiful flushed colour that's grown up. It's very healthy and natural, but not the sweet kind (like the Pale Pink). The thing is, if I have any red in my face, like from a sunburn, it makes it look worse. My skin has to be perfectly calm for me to handle this colour. As of now I only have Blushed Rose and Rose, and I still find that the former is a more predictable, therefore better, colour for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 6:18:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

I already love BB Pot Rouges, and this too is a beautiful shade. I would call this as a medium pink with rosy red added to it. The Rose pot rouge is livelier, brighter, rosier than Blushed Rose and Powder Pink. This perks up my color and is a good MLBB color! Nice texture, creamy and moist (but not greasy), but sheer and buildable. I prefer to use a foundation brush and lip brush but fingertips work well too. Feels great on lips, not drying. Great multi-use product line from BB. Love the sleek packaging and wide opening. I was fortunate to get this in a swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 2:05:00 AM More reviews by portlandgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with reviewer who described this as giving a rosy flush. Leans towards a natural rose, nothing tacky or overbearing. It's very nice on the lips as well. I was lucky enough to find this in the Style File at CCO. If you're lucky enough to find one at CCO, eBay, or thorugh swapping....snap it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This limited edition Pot Rouge comes with the Rose style file 2005 collection. A really lovely color that's bright, yet not gaudy for the lips. Also really brightens up your face. In all, this Rose style file collection is very good value-for-money. Just love everything in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by RachelDKT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an exclusive with the spring 2005 Neiman Marcus Style File. I think it is really pretty. Gives me a nice rosy flush for spring. Very pigmented for a cream blush. I've also used it on my lips with the Rosy lip tint--on its own, it is a little matte and a little drying, but together they are very pretty. I like this and I definitely want to try more of the rouge pots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 12:55:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BB Pot Rouge in Rose comes as part of the Neiman Marcus Spring 2005 Style File. The set also contains two eyeshadows, brushes and is tucked in a 6 pan palette housing. The Rose pot rouge looks rather dark, but when I apply it with a light hand, I'm able to make it work me, and it goes on sheer. I'm a blond PPP, this gives me a pretty, natural, outdorsy kind of flush. This color should work for most skintones, it's neither too brown nor too pinkish.