Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil

4.1

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Paraffin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Talc, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

on 7/3/2008 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Heaven on earth. a very expensive however fabulous product that I will never again be without. THE shade for me!

on 5/19/2008 1:13:00 PM

I found this on a whim at Sephora while trying to find a lip liner to go with my new lipsticks, and this one was so perfect! It really goes with all of my lipsticks (nude to pink colors) and gives such a natural more polished look. I'm not too sure about its staying power so far yet, but I will update after wearing it a few days. It does seem a little dark which made me a tad hesitant at first, but after putting it on I realized that this color is exactly what I've been needed. I wear this with Vincent Longo Lipstick in Sweet Samba (a nude color-sooo cute and very natural) and also Hourglass in Enchant (a girly sheer pinkish color with some shimmers). This color is so versatile you can really wear it with most if not all your lipsticks and/or glosses, so I think that's why I think I'll get my money's worth on this one-I'll be able to use it everyday!

on 12/19/2007 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This review is for The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Deep. I am a woman with complexion coloring similar to Naomi Campbell's. For a while, my favorite liners of choice were either MAC's Chestnut or Cork. However, what I noticed is that whenever I took pictures, no matter how much blending I did, I had the "ring around the mouth" look. However, KA's pencil was PERFECT. The consistency is great for easy blending and the shade is on... not too orangey or too dark for my complexion. My lips look perfectly defined and you hardly even know it's there. I'll continue buying this product! Two thumbs up! Well worth the spend in my opinion.

on 10/24/2007 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Perfect everyday lip liner. I also love Chanel Nude and MAC Spice/Cream O'spice. For reference, I am NC30.

on 10/11/2007 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just got this in the mail and ran to try it on-I LOVE it. A while back when I was reading the reviews one reviewer said that she had found the EXACT same shade in the N.Y.C. #954A for a $1. So all this time I was using and replacing this NYC liner in 954 (w/out the A) the one w/the A is a lot more bronze and since I had nothing to comapre it with I was happy to save all that money. Finally after all this time I just caved in and bought the KA L/L and boy was it NOT the same as the NYC L/L. They are two totally different colors. The KA one (at least on me) is very flesh toned, it's a beautiful color, very blendable and very creamy and easy to apply. The NYC liner has more of an orangey tint to it. I really think anyone can use this color if applied correctly. Some of us may have to apply a bit more others will have to use w/a light hand. But overall I really think this is a great L/L all around. I think that if KA made it possible to use this one shade for all skin tones then how can we possibly not make it work for us? I say if you really want a fleshed toned liner then look no further this is now my HG of nude liners.

on 8/20/2007 7:44:00 PM

At first I was a little concerned about this being a 'natural' lip color because I am so pale, but it really did look like my mouth - only better. I don't use it all the time because I like using lip stains more, but I do pull it out enough to justify the price. You won't be disappointed!

my best nude l/l ever. it's perfectly flesh tone so I can wear it with everything. A bit pricey, but I'll buy it until I find a cheaper dupe

on 6/18/2006 12:10:00 PM

This color matches nothing for me. But I am one of those who never liked MAC Spice either. But if you like Spice, I think you will like this.

The texture is great. I just don't like the color. Chanel Nude is still my all-time, go-with-most-everything favorite.

Ladies, I found the EXACT same shade in the N.Y.C. #954A shade,for $1.00!!! Target and Sav-on in California carry it here. It is almost double the size, as the K.A. pencil. After coughing up $29.00 on Victorias Secret online, (it's sold out everywhere when I looked for it) and comparing the two, I swear I couldn't see a difference, except in the price. Maybe the K.A. is a teensy bit creamier, but once applied, the results are fab, and the same. (I even made up half my lips with the two, side by side! Couldn't tell which was which!)
All that said, the K.A. liner is a wonderful shade, I like it alot, but when it runs out, I don't think I would re-purchase. I carry my lip liners in my purse, sometimes my pockets, and would faint if I lost the K.A. liner at that price.

on 3/10/2006 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

O.K. Here goes my review. I bought this because of all the RAVES but this lip pencil is so average and not worth the heafty price tag(for a lip liner). It is a nice neautral color and the pencil goes on nice and easy but you can get a much cheaper lip liner that will do the exact same thing. Try MAC, Scott Barnes I even like L'oreal's Barely Pink better. I gave it a 3 because I adore KA and hate to give a bad review to my fave makeup artist. But it really is not worth the price.

Popular Lip Liners