October 25, 2014 | 1674 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Energy Cocktail pampering drops

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that I am quite impressed with the ingredients of this product. Like others here,I have dehyrdated sensitive skin with rosacea so I need to be careful of what I put on it. This is actually soothing to my face. Given that the first few ingredients are natural mositurizing factors, this makes sense. Love the pump too. Slight fragrance but very very small, fades immediately. Overall, a plus and would repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ping44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had also read the rave reviews on here for this product so I thought I'd give it a try-Love it! My skin gets quite dry in the winter and tends to look dull. This not only softened my skin, but really gave me a healthy glow. I remember seeing this at CVS years ago and wish it had not taken me this long to discover how great it is! Try it, you will not be sorry.

Update: I actually bought what appears to be the replacement of this item-product looks the same but now called Energy Cocktail Intensive Care. Seems the pampering drops are discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by girliegirl27

I just got this the other day, and wow...I love, love LOVE this. I put this on like an hr ago, and I am experiencing this amazing looking glow on my face :). My skin looks amazing. I was reading some reviews on here for this product, and since it had such high reviews, I thought I'd better give it a try. Of course I am a sucker for a good deal, who isn't...it was half off of it's regular price, and another thing too...I got this at cvs, and since I have a cvs card...and had some ECB's to use...I got it for FREE. Yes...FREE. I am thinking I should go out and get some more stuff that I might need that's on ECB's, and get some more of this product, It's amazing, and like I said...I am only on day one.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jenn555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

as a person with sensitive skin thats prone to breakouts, you have to very brave when trying products. so after finding this cheap at tj maxx and well-reviewed here, i purchased it. i actually think i like it more than my philosophy hope in a jar for sensitive skin. i am really thinkiing about buying a second bottle if they have it-i would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I bought this yesterday at marshalls, it was 9.99 and I was intrigued by the fact that it was pink on the bottom and yellow on the top. I was also looking for a new serum for my face so figured why not try this out. I LOVE it so far. Makes my skin nice and glowy, I have oily skin so I only put it on at night but the next morning when I buff my mineral foundation into my skin it melts in like butter and looks flawless. I would buy this again if cvs has another lumene sale, because otherwise its almost 20 bucks which I feel is alot for a serum especially since Im only 22 and dont need special products yet. Will edit if anything funky happens in a week or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for the last two weeks and I am very happy with it. I really wanted to add antioxidants to my skincare routine and to also counteract my drying alpha hydroxy and retinol treatments. I use this every night under either the AHA or retinol and I wake up with clear, glowing skin. I have combo/oily skin and this has not broken me out at all and I think is contributing to keeping my skin clear and more even toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I REALLY like this product! My skin: sensitive, rosacea prone and lately VERY dry. My skin has been so flaky and dry lately and I know it's because I abuse the HE*@ out of it. I used to use a lot of harsh products (for acne) and my derm told me to stop. I'm so used to having oily and acne prone skin but I've had to take a step back and realize that I'm middle age now and my skin needs to be pampered. So...I tried these "pampering" drops and it's just what the DR. ordered. I don't SEE a lot of change as far as toning down the pink so much, but I really feel a big difference. No more dry flaky tight irritated skin. I used this AM and PM for about a week, but then switched to just PM since this can be slightly oily during the day. I've swapped for another bottle since I believe this has been discontinued and can't find it at any stores. :(
There is a new product that looks similar but not sure if it is yet. As long as I can get my hands on the old one, I will. HG product for me. I use it every night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on clearance at Target. It has been great for my skin, it really has smoothed and brightened it. I usually wear it unser a moisturizer with sunscreen during the day, and sometimes at night under a night cream. It does better at smoothing and brightening the undereye area than an eye cream. It has not clogged my pores at all.
Lumene has apparently renamed, repackaged and reformulated this in their Vitamin C+ line. Hope the new product is as good. I wonder if the improvement in my skin can be attributed to the vitamin C in the plant oils in this such as the cloudberries? I will be comparing it to a straight vitamin C serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another winner from Lumene. This really does give a glowy appearance to my skin. You must shake it vigorously before use to mix the yellow and red liquids. A very small amount will cover the face. It works well under moisturizers and seems to be made of ingredients that are healthy for the skin. I like that Lumene does not test on animals.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by calikitten118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i'm very undecided on this product....i love the way it looks and feels on my skin, but i think it may be breaking me out. My skin's been kind of problematic the past few weeks and i can't figure out what to blame. When I stop using the Lumene drops for a few nights (i only apply at night, under moisturizer) and slather my face in BP instead, my skin clears up... i'll keep away from them a few more nights so my skin can get really clear, then try them again and see what happens. will update when I do. also, i'm not quite sure the purpose of this product...other than making skin look dewy and glowy, does it HELP your skin at all? any input would be appreciated!