August 27, 2014 | 1886 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Solar Powder SPF 20 Bronzer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Nice bronzer but shows up a bit yellow-brown on me (NW15). It isn't super pigmented, which I think is good in this case, since its hard to go overboard with it being a lighter bronzer. Works well for contouring as it is (almost) completely matte. The bulky compact sucks and the brush is useless. I like that it has spf. A bit expensive (around $12) but not too bad compared to some highend bronzers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of Physician's Formula bronzers, and haven't come across one yet I didn't like. Their light shades always look natural, they have excellent lasting ability and they never clog my pores.

Solar Powder, though not my favorite, is no exception. I tried it because I was running out of my regular bronzer and thought this would be a great one for summer, since I wear bronzer all over my face and neck every day. Having SPF built into my normal makeup routine is a great bonus. This formula is a fine powder which gives fairly natural looking color, but it is a wee bit more orange than any others I have tried from PF (most of which are not orange at all). No sparkle or shimmer to this one, which is another reason I rated it just a 3, because I like a little bit of shimmer to blur the blending. This one is slightly too matte for my taste, so it doesn't blend quite as well and can look somewhat muddy/makeup-y.
On the plus side though, this one isn't just available at Ulta, it is at drug stores as well, unlike some of the other bronzers from PF which can be hard to find. Try this one perhaps if you can't remember to put your sunblock on every day, aren't too fair (I think the oranginess would be less of a problem on those who aren't as pale as I am), and prefer a matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by EncantadaX2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer, It goes on smooth, not that noticeable, matte, and it gives you a natural tan color. I used to use NARS Laguna bronzer and IMHO this is very similar, except the price of course. For reference I am NARS Santa Fe (maybe NW 25-30) and use this bronzer in Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by fairlady01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG for my pale, cool skin (NW10). It's matte, it's pigmented, and best of all I don't look the least bit orange with it! Fortunately the lighter side takes up the majority of the pan - this color is the easiest to use. I use a bit of the dark side for contouring. Most days I just sweep my brush over everything and apply lightly all over my face, emphasizing the nose, cheekbone hollows, and hairline. The lid to mine broke so I can't take it anywhere now, but I've still got a TON left after 2 years and so I just keep it at home and use it. Get this if you can still find it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by silentxtearz

This bronzer is a bit expensive for me so I wouldn't buy it again. I've had it for a while though. I like it, it doesn't make me look orange which a shocker!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this on sale - otherwise would never have tried it. Have light skin with yellow undertones. This is a really useful summer tint for me - after applying sunscreen, i can brush it over my face, using a little more of the darker shade near jawline, and the lighter color on eye area, or to camouflage any redness around the nose. Then use a bit of powder blush to to liven up the cheeks, as this has no red or pink at all, so you could look a bit sallow. It does not change color, and looks pretty natural in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by BakeCupcakesNotWar

I love this bronzer! I have a difficult time finding bronzers that don't oxidize on my face. I was in search of a bronzer powder I could essentially wear as foundation for the summer...one that was not shimmery or sparkly, as I have enough of those. This bronzer was the answer. I use a large powder brush from ecotools that works well. Even though this is a pressed bronzer, the brush picks up the product quite nicely without feeling like you have to scrap away at the palette. The only thing that bothers me about the packaging is that it's slightly bulky. It comes with a built in mirror and brush (which is fairly useless). I would absolutely by this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lavendergirl22

This bronzer has a great tan color that isn't orangey and doesn't dry out my skin which is great! It comes with a cute little mirror and a brush thats underneath the bronzer. The price is decent, especially considering theres a good amount of product that should last a while. Gives you a healthy looking glow and i like that its not very sparkly or shimmery; its natural. I would recommend it to anyone except perhaps a slightly lighter shade for very light skinned people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Any "bronzer" or bronzing product that I've used on my face has just been a not-so-great experience for me. First there was "You Rebel" by Benefit. Ugh. I equate THAT experience with digging up some orange clay, wetting it down and spreading it on my face. Then there was yet another Benefit tanning product (I cannot remember the name of it) that fared equally badly with me. Next up was a product by Laura Geller---Balance and Brighten again, I ended up looking like Jackie-O'Lantern. *One caveat with the Laura Geller though--I am a fan of the baked body frosting for my body and when I do get sun color on my face, I will put it on my face but..... I'll stick to the faux tanning products for my legs and arms.
That said, I ended up using some of this Physicians Formula Solar Powder Bronzer in Light. My daughter left it behind when she went off to college so I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. Now...I cannot say this left my face totally bronzed, but it did NOT leave my face orange. I applied this with a very big fluffy brush and applied after all my makeup was applied. While it is light and I'm on the pale side, it gave me a nice glow. Not the illumination sort of glow, but a nice glow--the kind you get after being in the sun for about 45 minutes. I will make a purchase for myself because I know when daughter comes home--she will be looking for this. Overall---while not holy grail status, good enough to keep on hand!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by husveges

Orange, like every other Physician's Formula bronzer that I've tried.

I've switched to using L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow in Roaring as a contour powder bc I cannot find a non-orange "bronzer" in the drugstore.