October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Shampoo - Philip B. - White Truffle Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by tigeygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I don't know why this hasn't been reviewed more positively...except for maybe the price. Ridiculously expensive.
I only use this when I want to look my best, since my budget prohibits me from everyday use. I think it's like $56 a bottle? But, I telling you, my hair looks so, so full of volume yet so soft, it doesn't seem like my normal fine, abused hair.
My trick is to wash first with phyto or one of my other shampoos, then do a second wash with this. {to save money and product} It doesn't have any of the harsh detergents in it, like sodium lauryl sulfates, so don't expect a lot of lather.
If you want to look fantastic for a date, special event or something and you don't have the greatest hair, try this. I think you'll be overjoyed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sohoboy506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow I am so surprised by how many people donít like this? I am always changing my hair color and this was the only products that helped my over processed bleached hair. Iíve got pretty thick hair so this was amazing! It got my hair feeling silky, I saw less breakage and it smells so yummy. My hair is back to its natural color and pretty healthy now but I will never be without this! I use it about 2x a week and it makes my hair feel so shiny and healthy you would never know I flat iron and blow dry it everyday. Itís been my HG of shampoo! I can see how this might not be the best for people with fine/thin hair who have no damage, but itís awesome for think, curly or color treated hair. Itís definitely worth the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sahartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fortunately, I didn't buy this. It was part of a gift basket. When I checked out the price I completely blanched. This is a ridiculously expensive shampoo that's completely average in performance. It did nothing extraordianary nor did it even mildy improve my hair (no body, no shine, no volume, no great texture, etc.). Citre Shine or L'Oreal ColorVive are more effective in providing body and retaining color. What was Mr. Philip B. thinking? The white truffle angle is just silly and embarrassing, in my opinion. I'd love some data on the scientific or holistic therapeutic value of white truffle on the hair. I mean what could it possibly do, aside from sounding exotic thus driving up the price? This is a shameful bit of marketing hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super long, super fine, super thin hair and this has been my holy grail for 5 years. I can't afford to use it ALL the time, but when I do my hair looks and feels wonderful. It doesn't lather well, it does have a funky smell, and it is ungodly expensive ... but it makes my hair smooth, thick and luxurious. It really is more of a conditioning shampoo. It's interesting because my hair is waist length, highlighted AND permed and very thin (I have a couple of balding areas!) but this shampoo really makes my hair feel healthy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really really overpriced. I don't mind spending a lot of money, as long as a product WORKS! This made my hair feel heavy and greasy and tangled. There was no lather and the smell was very faint. Yuck. waste of money :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by mariam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

I received a bottle of this in a swap after lusting after it for years. It was SUCH a disappointment to me. The consistency of the shampoo is quite runny and thin and it was extremely difficult for me to get any kind of lather going. I find that this is the case with most higher-end shampoos, maybe because they don't have as many cheap soaping agents in them, but I still want to feel like my shampoo is cleaning my hair a bit!! This felt totally flat going into my hair. The light botanical smell is nice enough but does not blow you away, which is what this shampoo should do at this price!! I noticed nothing different about my hair when it was dry but my hair's curly, dry texture may be working against this weak shampoo. I give it a D+.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2005 7:57:00 AM More reviews by lizaweissgerber

I bought this last winter and the first time i tried it i thought it was great! I bought it to use once or twice per week as a moisturising shampoo on my fine, colour treated hair. Sometimes when i used tis my hair seemed weighed down and lank and other times the opposite! Dont really understand why so i stopped using it.

However, i have returned to this product since becoming pregnant as my hair is now a lot thicker and i absolutley love it!
I guess my hair was too fine before so idealy this is a great shampoo for a thicker hair.

Dont think i will repurchase once its all gone as i dont plan on becoming pregnant again for quite a while!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2004 9:10:00 AM More reviews by rosieny

I'm surprised at how much money I'll spend believing everything I read! This sucked and what's worse, is I spent $45 for a product I'll never use!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2004 3:14:00 AM More reviews by KateMcCloud

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked the clean, natural smell; however, this product did nothing special for my on-the-dry-side, curly hair. Also, it made my scalp very, very dry and gave me flakes. This product is frequently plugged in beauty magazines, so I really wanted to like it.... So, I tried a bottle of this product in the winter and, again, in the summer to see if I would get different results in warmer weather. Unfortunately, I still suffered from the flaky scalp when I used this product in the summer! While it's on the expensive side, it's very concentrated in terms of both forumalation and smell, so you only need a little.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2004 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

I realize that I haven't reviewed this product because I'm embarassed to have (yet again) been suckered by the hype and shelled out an obscene amount of money for a less than mediocre product (Creme de la Mer, anyone?). This shampoo smelled bad, stripped and left my hair full of tangles and with the consistency of straw. Frankly, I don't think my blonde highlights benefited from the whole experience, either. And, yes, I did use it over several weeks and I did follow the directions, to no avail. Buyer beware.