Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais

3.7

on 4/14/2009 4:41:00 PM

To my nose, Ce Soir Ou Jamais smells like a nail salon crossed with a Barbie Perfume given to me as a child. I'm sad to say this, because I love so many AG scents... but Ce Soir is too sharp, too cloying on me.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

As lovely as this starts off it only lasts seconds on my skin. I find Annick Goutal perfumes all like that. It could have been great , a powdery rose .

on 4/1/2009 12:22:00 AM

I am madly crazy in love with this for the first 10 seconds until it turns to powdered potpourri. The opening is this sexy boozy rose that I just adore .. but it doesn't last long before the potpourri tone seeps in. Sad :(

on 1/24/2009 11:52:00 PM

I get rose and jasmine from this in precisely the right proportions. Red and white--gorgeous balance, gorgeous floral.

on 10/18/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this scent! It is very expensive( I think I paid $150 at Saks) but it stays on FOREVER! I seem to be the minority because everyone that smells it on me doesn't care for it. I LOVEE it though, maybe it's because I'm french or maybe it's the adorable packaging, but I really do love this.

on 9/17/2008 6:28:00 PM

Oh, dear. I'd read another review saying this was a gorgeous violet fragrance, so I ventured to try it. The initial spray was lovely - just like a bouquet of violets... but then came the dry down, which on me was a terribly strong rose... on me, it smelled like dying roses mixed with wine, like a love letter gone awry. Sadly, this did not work for me!

on 9/4/2008 7:33:00 PM

Lush true roses and wine. A must have for the heady rose purist, but I myself find it unwearable.

This is my favorite rose fragrance. Every day I pass a garden with rose bushes bursting with dark red, velvety blooms and must stop to breathe deeply. Ce Soir is the only rose fragrance I've found that compares with this fresh rose fragrance. I also have Rose de Rosine and am very disappointed in it's vapid, quickly disappearing scent, compared to Ce Soir. I was surprised to read a previous comment about the short-lived scent of this because I've found it to last and last. This is a fragrance I want to be around for a long, long time.

on 5/27/2008 10:15:00 PM

This is the nicest rose I've come across yet, but I'm still undecided. I only tried a bit of it on my hand today; it wasn't fantastic, but intriguing enough that I'll try it again another time. I'll update when I do, but for now, it's 3 lippies.

Edited to make it 4 lippies ... I tried it again today... I have never been a rose fan, but this Ce Soir has really drawn me in. Beautifully done. Eminently wearable.

on 5/22/2008 9:42:00 AM

I bought a bottle of EDT for my mothers birthday.

The first whiff i had of it, and i thought it was magic in a bottle. The smell was beautiful, delicate, and as said before, somewhat magical. The bottle itself is quite pretty too.

The only downside is that its really expensive, cost me 300MYR. And the scent does not last very long (after 3 hours the scent is faintly there). I wonder if the EDP version would have a stronger lasting power.

Popular Fragrances