April 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by puppydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK mascara. I have used it before years ago in the regular version (not waterproof) and I was underwhelmed by it but for whatever reason I figured I would try it again since everyone raves about it. Well, I am slightly underwhelmed again. Even though it is waterproof I find that it transfers onto my undereyes when I wear it on my lower lashes and it looks like I have bad bags under my eyes. My lashes are already long so I don't really need the length and I look for more volume and drama in a mascara but this just does not work so well for my tastes. When I add the Diorshow lash primer/maximizer I feel that it adds some more volume but after I realized that means I spent over $50 to get a decent lash look..... ya I don't think I will repurchase. Overall a good mascara with good length and a good everyday look but I am not convinced that it is worth the money. Looks like I will be going back to le volume de Chanel and hope that they will eventually come out with a waterproof verision of it. Just for reference I also tried the Diorshow blackout version and I really loved the volume and drama that this mascara had but it was just so difficult and stressful to appy! I always ended up with mascara all over my eyelids and it was heavy on my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara! It adds length and volume to my lashes (I do curl them first), doesn't smudge, and comes off easily with a good waterproof eye makeup remover (I use Lumene).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

So I was on the market for the "best waterproof mascara". I always wear waterproof. I get teary, sweaty, wet somehow, every single day. I have to. I know, I know, it's not as good or something, but I have to.
Anyway, this was the most recommended waterproof mascara pretty much everywhere, so I bought it, even though it's a bit out of my price range (I'm a big Maybelline advocate, though lately they failed me a bit with their mascaras)

This mascara is good. It's not as dry as the other ones, but that's also its problem. It's just not that waterproof.
I actually had to purchase a "mascara top coat" product that I coat on top of it every single day.
So.. does it look awesome? Yes. Is it waterproof? No, not so much, not for me, anyway.

I wouldn't buy it again just because it's just not answering my basic needs, and too bad. It's cute as hell.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The worst waterproof mascara I have ever tried... it doesn't work! It smudges, clumps, flakes, bleeds, and creates the most horrific raccoon eyes I have ever had. I originally bought this to wear on my wedding day - thank goodness I did a trial run and realized how terrible this product is! I can't believe the hype surrounding this for as crappy as it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by panchita64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I couldn't wait to try this after all the great reviews and the cult following it has. I liked the brush and the fact that it really separated my lashes. The big problem: horrible raccoon eyes!! This is no way a waterproof formula. Returning it....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in brown and I'm thrilled with it! I have straight lashes that lose the curl if the mascara is too wet or heavy. This works pretty well with my lashes. It holds the curl all day, it doesn't transfer to my eyelids or my skin after wearing it for hours.

The formula is not dry which is something I love considering that most of the waterproof mascaras are very dry and tend to leave flaky lashes.

My concern is the wand, is too big for me so I have to be extra careful while applying this.

Considering the price I think the mascara performs as it should.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by BobbiBrightEyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This formula is too shiny for me. When light reflects off of it, it makes me look as though I have no eyelashes at all! Good staying power and buildable, but the shine is just too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by wrbtu

I usually wear Lancome Hypnose waterproof and tried this just for the heck of it. My eyes are sensitive tear non stop in the morning for about an hour which is why I've got to use waterproof eye makeup. Anyway, Dior waterproof is not, in my opinion, waterproof. It comes off when I dab my tearing eyes and smudges the bottom lid even when I don't wipe my eyes. I never had these issues with Lancome. I used the Dior for 3 months because it was so expensive, but I just went out and replaced it with Lancome's (about the same $ but worth it) waterproof mascara and I can't wait to get back to it. Also I find the brush on Lancome's better than the one supplied with Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lexieh5

I love love love this mascara! I have super thin eyelashes and it's hard for me to find a good mascara that makes them show up, but this one is amazing! It keeps my lashes curled, volumizes and lengthens them, and stays on all day. I've stopped buying regular mascara because every time I decide to wear it for some reason I end up crying and it turns into a runny mess, but the waterproof formula keeps my face free of smudges no matter what, even if I watch PS I love you:) I love the huge brush and the formula, and it is much easier to remove than the other mascara's I've used (I just use Pond's cold cream cleanser to remove, nothing fancy). This is by far my favorite mascara I've tried! Next up to bat is Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a freebie from a friend, and it's one if the best mascaras I've used so far.

It's not too dramatic, which I like since I prefer more 'natural.'

Eyelashes and eyebrows have always been my main focal points for makeup, and finding a great mascara has been a struggle.

I like to heat my eyelash curler with my blow dryer on low for about a minute, and curl them. Afterwards, I'll brush a few coats and I'm good to go!

The only reason this got a '4' was because A. the price is rather high, and B. after 3-4 hours, it's smudges.

Will buy when I run out though!