Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 1/10/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm on my fourth tube of this mascara but I will not be repurchasing it anymore and this is due to just one thing - it dries out way before I get to finish it and I end up throwing it into the garbage still half full! I though I maybe had bad or old products before (and I was stupid enough to test this four times, I'm blond, what can I say) but it happened each and every time with every one of the tubes, every single one of them bought at a different store, some even in a different country.
That being said, it's a great mascara otherwise. It makes lashes look perfect! Long and thick but neat and separated. It does not clump and it's just the perfect amount of watery. That is until it dries out in the tube and ends up in the garbage.

on 12/21/2014 9:22:00 AM

I loved the packaging of this Yves Saint Laurent mascara, looks and feels very premium with it's gold metallic finish.

This mascara is brilliant for nights out, as it gives a very dramatic voluminous look. I love it's intense pigments, as it makes the eyelashes very very black, which is good for nights out. It also gave a lot of volume to my lashes.

However I did find that the mascara could make my eyelashes slightly clumpy, as it seems that - when pulling the wand out of it's tube - a lot of excess mascara is left on the wand making the eyelashes look clumpy. However I find that running a clean spare mascara comb through the lashes after applying this mascara gets rid of the clumps and separates the lashes a bit more.

If you're looking for very dramatic lashes then this mascara is definitely for you and worth the money :)

on 12/9/2014 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Opened and tried this for the first time today so my review is based solely on this one single try - might still change my opinion after using it for a month or so :)

For a newly opened mascara I would say I expected a much wetter formula, as the first few swipes over my lashes didn't give much colour at all.
The first layer did give me nicely separated lashes though - hats off to the brush! I'm generally not a fan of these rubber brittle brushes but this one seems to do the job (at least of separating) well. It's also easy to use at the very base of the lashes and doesn't blot the lid (as I so often do with quite a few other mascaras).

My lower lashes are short, sparse and almost see through but I found it easy to use this brush on them too, without blotting under my lids. Always a bonus!

As for the formula itself - I would expect a lot more from a product that claims to give a false lash affect. Granted my lashes are only medium length but I've had mascaras that gave them enough length that when I my eyes are open the tips of my lashes touch the skin just under my brows :D
What I didn't really like as well was the fact that after the first layer dried off and when I tried to apply the second one (I always do two layers, sometimes more) the lashes were quite coarse and it was difficult to apply the second layer without my lashes clumping and sticking to each other. They didn't separate as well as the first time either.
Layering only seems to make them thicker, not longer - and to me faux cils makes me think lenght, not just thickness and volume.

All in all - a rather average mascara considering the price. I've used so many different ones from 3eur to 50eur, and surprisingly (or maybe not) recently I've found that a lot of cheap Essence mascaras seem to do a better job that most more expensive ones.

For now - three lippies only.

on 12/7/2014 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

My favourite mascara so far! It adds the perfect length and volume to my lashes. Only thing that I found is that the tube will eventually not fully close when it's been used for a couple of weeks and that could make it dry out faster. Aside from that, I've already purchased a new tube!

on 11/22/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this mascara.

I have a medical condition that makes my eyes *extremely* dry. I have had to go to the ER just to get normal, daily dust debris flushed out of my eyes, so flakes are an absolute no-can-do for me. All mascaras say they don't flake, and they all do, at least a little, except this one. It simply does. not. flake, Period. For me, that is pretty much reason to wear it, as a so-so mascara would be better than none (which is what I was doing for a while). This, however, is not a so-so mascara.

I have naturally long, thick eyelashes that are mostly blonde, and straight. I want a mascara that colors my lashes from root to tip, maybe lengthens a little, holds a curl, and does not clump. I like a fanned-out look, not spidery, and not overly-thickened. I don't care for that heavy, caterpillar look. This mascara fits the bill. It applies like a dream. One coat will do, and it's not a coat that takes a lot of work or care - not a lot of wiggling the wand back and forth, or turning it every which way. No second coat needed, for me anyway (I consider the need for a second coat a failure of the product, or my application.) Again, it does not clump. I usually use a metal lash comb on my lashes because I HATE HATE HATE clumps, but I don't even need it with this. Just a quick brush with a spoolie, and I'm done. My lashes are pretty, but not fake-looking. No smudges or raccoon eyes, no clumps or flakes, just pretty, dark lashes. My only complaint is that the color, in the black at least, seems to perhaps lose the tiniest bit of its intensity after a few hours, but it's a minor complaint. For its ease of application, its complete lack of flaking, and the way it makes my lashes look, I don't care. It is expensive, and I'm poor these days, but for me, it's still worth it.

HG, for sure.

on 11/19/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Color Black Waterproof. This is a very expensive mascara but very well worth the money. I have searched high and low for a mascara for my Asian barely there eyelashes that are fine that are bone straight and won't take a curl. I use the La Cross eye curler the only one that works for my small Asian eyes. This mascara in waterproof lengthens my eyelashes. it stays on all day. i wear contacts and have horrible allergies. This mascara does not flake off, does not bother my allergies, and makes my asian lashes long and beautiful. i have swam all over the Caribbean with this mascara on. No problems and get tons of compliments. it can be a challenge to get off, but just be patient so that you don't pull out lashes.

on 11/5/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I treated myself to a kit containing this mascara, an eye liner and an eye makeup remover for my birthday. I really like mascara and... well, being my favourite makeup item sometimes I like to splurge a little... Even though I recently found some amazing L'oreal mascaras (review coming soon) that will make me think twice about splurging again.

This mascara comes in a delightful golden tube. It is very user friendly and one coat is all I need to make my already long and dark eye lashes look super long, super black and super voluminous. Gorgeous! Two coats would look great too, but one is enough. Resisted incredibly well through the beach and generally hot summer. Did not survive swimming in the pool, but then again it is not waterproof so I didn't expect it to.

Only downside: even though I cleaned the brush with a tissue every week, it still dried up really fast and lasted me only two months with daily use. It then became really dry and I had to throw it. My L'oreal mascara lasts me three months and costs less than half the price, so that was disappointing.

I would recommend this mascara if you want to splurge and go for the luxurious experience. If you are on a budget or are conscious of your spending, I would try L'oreal (the one with the purple tube, sorry I cannot remember the name but I will put a review up soon). Even though this mascara is fantastic, I probably won't buy again due to the price.

on 10/22/2014 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So i got a sample of this mascara when i bought the fusion ink foundation. I am probably one of the pickiest people when it comes to my lashes you will find. They must be perfect, otherwise I will be unhappy about the way I look the whole day. I usually wear either the a chanel mascara, or one from maybelline to achieve very long dramatic lashes. My lashes are fairly long from beforehand, so I want something that helps me enhance that. This mascara is friggin amazing. I used it without an eyelashcurler to see how it did on its own, and the result is amazing. My lashes got so long without clumping, and with an amazing volumized effect. I also like to layer my mascara without it clumping for maximized effect, and this did just that. I do recommend to get a sample before buying it, however this really was that good making it look like i had false lashes on. Really recommend! (I also think how you apply it has something to do with how it looks, just to bear that in mind).

Not impressed. Made my lashes stick together and clump. Didn't do anything for my lashes. Wont repurchase

on 8/4/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love how this mascara looks, but it refuses to stay on my face. I usually don't get raccoon eyes from mascara, as I'm not oily, but this stuff just melts. I still have perfect, black, thick, feathery lashes with it on -- but I also have a beautiful black line under my eyes. I usually put Clarins Double Fix over the top of it to prevent this, but having to double up on expensive products is just not any fun.

Also, this formula starts out very wet and dries up a bit within a couple weeks. I prefer a drier formula so this works for me but if you like your mascara to stay watery or if you don't use it very often then this one's not for you.