LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 6/17/2015 5:13:00 AM

I tried this product some time ago and have recently repurchased. I love lush products and this is no exception. It is a little awkward to use but I think a lot of there stuff is like that. I am use to easy pump packs and bottles products. I find this product to be work wonderfully on my skin with regard to keeping my skin lovely and fresh without feeling like I am stripping it bare. However it does nothing for acne or blemishes, which is slightly disappointing. I use it as an in between face was, when I feel the products I use for acne are a bit too much and I want to clean my skin without over drying it.

See the link for more info on this product: http://yellowlacecats.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/angels-on-bare-skin.html

on 6/8/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I recently discovered Lush. After years of just walking past it, I walked in recently and bought a couple of body products that I absolutely loved. My experience with the body products was so good (and I became such a fan of their body stuff) that I decided to try their skincare as well. I was also curious about trying this brand considering that they use so many natural ingredients. Please note I am not the type of person who thinks everything that is natural is better. I am a scientist and as such I truly appreciate the killing power of many natural compounds. Cyanide, vinca alkaloids, radium! These are just three deadly examples!

Now onto this cleanser. I knew the pot was not very practical and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy having to mix the paste with water. I went ahead and bought it anyway. The first time I used it I noticed it doesn't really form 'a paste', it just so happens that big 'crumbs' of cleanser become smaller 'crumbs' when water is added. I scooped a small amount out, added some warm water to my hand, mixed and proceeded with application. On a wet face, it left a residue after rinsing. When I tried it on a dry face, it didn't leave as much of a residue but it still didn't feel completely clean.

I used it a few times but I quickly gave up on it. It feels a bit harsh yet the crushed almonds do not provide adequate exfoliation. So they are a bit pointless, really. Why would I want to rub my face with a scruby substance everyday if then I will still have to exfoliate with an actual exfoliatior? I am also not a fan of scrubby products to begin with. The cleanser also left a residue most of the time. Three or four days days after using this, ultrabland and vanishing cream my jaw (which had been under control) was breaking out like crazy and my face was very dry but very oily at the same time. I do not know if this cleanser is to blame for the oiliness and breakouts but its poor performance, the residue, the unappealing texture, the mess it caused in my sink every time and the dryness it caused on my lips made me not want to give this cleanser any more time.

Overall I believe this is an overpriced cleanser and while it is an interesting concept, it was messy, ineffective and drying. It's a no from me. I would like to give it some lippies... but it doesn't do anything for my skin it doesn't even clean it properly so I will have to give it only 1 lippie.

Edit: One more lippie due to the excellent returns policy where Lush allows you to return used products. In the UK, where I live at the moment, it's pretty much unheard of. Estee Lauder and Clinique accept used products but they ask too many questions. Lush truly has a no quibble return policy. I wish all companies were like that.

on 6/6/2015 5:23:00 PM

My daughter and I both used this cleanser. We both love it. This will remove dirt and oil, but will not remove makeup. You need to used makeup remover first. This leave our face soft and smooth. We used this twice a day. We love lush products.

on 5/14/2015 3:46:00 AM

This is so fun to use! I got attracted to the novelty of a facial wash in this form. Apparently the recipe is from the medieval times. Exotic :)

Don't take too much product out of the tub. All you need is just a pea size. If you take too big a lump it'd be hard to blend it into a paste.

As the paste still has little bits and pieces that make it uneven, I don't use a lot of strength when massaging the product on my skin. Gently does it.

I think the product should avoid water.. so storing it in a cool, dry place in the bathroom is important.

Your skin will look radiant and supple after wash. Enjoyable product to use.

on 5/13/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product upon recommendation of a friend that does my glycolic acid peels. She claimed it would be the most gentle way to deal with the initial breakout. I was put off by the price but she also claimed it would last a long time. I have used it twice now. The first time my face got a little blotchy for about 5 minutes but felt smooth and supple. I used it this morning for the second time. I got less irritation this time and my face feels fresh and smooth. My skin is very sensitive so the irritation was probably due to 1. The new product and 2. The slight abrasiveness of the ground almonds in the cleanser. Pretty happy with the initial results. No new breakouts so far. I have hard time finding good cleanser so hopefully this works for the long run.

on 5/8/2015 3:54:00 AM

Aah my true love! Lol <33 this is my holy grail cleanser/exfoliater. I cannot explain how relieved I was to finally find something that didn't make my dry/flaky/red/sensitive skin worse. It is a bit messy to use and takes some getting used to. I'm not sure if it removes makeup well, I always remove my makeup first with Ponds Cold Cream or Lush's Ultra Bland. So after I remove my makeup, I use this. It leaves my skin soft, NOT TIGHT. Some people like tight, I get it. But to me, tight=drier more irratated skin. This literally makes my face glow. Not to mention I adore the smell of this. I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful product.

on 4/20/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Sensitive, acne prone, only oily in tzone but breakout along jawline and cheeks mostly.

About a year ago I used a lot but for some reason I just wanted to try new stuff and stopped using it. I just repurchased this last week and my skin has already improved so much. This really cleans out clogged pores and its so soft and gentle it feels like a spa treatment. I had this one little pimple under my skin for weeks and after one use of this it finally came to the surface and I can treat it better now. The best thing is that it leaves my skin very smooth. My dry-flakiness is gone and my makeup goes on perfectly now. I highly recommend this cleanser to anyone with sensitive skin or combination skin. I never breaking up with it again, wish I never did!

Angles on Bare skin is one of the best acne and facial products i have ever used.
I recommend this to anyone withe sensitive skin.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/17/2015 7:51:00 PM

My skin (feel free to skip reading this part): sensitive, dry with oily t-zone, mild hormonal acne at hairline and forehead.

I have been using this cleanser since November, using a total of three containers. I have had an amazing experience with this cleanser and frequently receive complements on my skin because of the benefits of this product. Its pleasant scent of lavender is quite calming and my very sensitive skin was never irritated by the formula composed of mostly essential oils. It provides enough exfoliation so that I no longer exfoliate using Cure once a week like I did in the past. I used to break out once a month, but now break out every 2-3 months. My skin looks less greasy throughout the day and has reached a porcelain-like clarity: I don't struggle with bumpiness and hyper pigmentation anymore.

Pros: visible change in condition of skin, nice scent, vegan, natural ingredients, non-irritating

Cons: Due to the lack of preservatives, one has to repurchase frequently. Also, towards the expiration date, it tends to get VERY SOGGY, which is rather unsanitary and creates a breeding ground for bacteria. I used to use it in the shower, but I would recommend to keep it out of the shower and only use it at the sink. If you take hot showers like I do, avoid storing the cleanser in your bathroom when showering. Also, the packaging requires that you touch the cleanser in the container to apply it, which is sort of germy.

Overall: Really nice cleanser :) Have recommended it to friends and they have liked it as well!

on 3/12/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have been looking to purchase gentle, chemical-free and cruelty-free facial products. I have combination skin, and it's also very sensitive.
Most cleansers, no matter how gentle they claim to be, always dry out my skin and make it feel very tight. Even Chagrin Valley's soaps did the same. And their soaps are organic, handmade, and are moisturizing. I do love Chagrin Valley, but their soaps made my face dry.

I just got this yesterday--and maybe I'm being a bit hasty here--but this was extremely gentle on my face. I was worried it was going to be too gritty, but it wasn't at all. The smell was lovely, and it didn't dry out my skin at all. I was shocked and very pleased. I will update after further use. My only complaint is that the expiration date is only in a month and a half. I love this, because it really means they're using fresh products. I really appreciate that. But I hate it because it'll probably expire before I run out! I'd rather be using fresh products, though, so I'll just suck it up.

UPDATE: 7/15/2015
Alright, so I've tried several washes since Angels. I have to say, my skin looked best with it. I used it for only a couple of weeks when I decided to test other things (I'm a product junkie) and honestly, none of the other products could compare. I used 100% Pure, Paula' Choice, and Alba Botanical and nope, none of them did the things that Angels did. When using Angels I actually did not get any zits. As soon as I switched, bam, zits. And SCREW Paula's Choice. I kept breaking out nonstop on the right side of my face when I used her products. So yeah, gonna get some more of this stuff.