LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 3/17/2015 7:51:00 PM

My skin (feel free to skip reading this part): sensitive, dry with oily t-zone, mild hormonal acne at hairline and forehead.

I have been using this cleanser since November, using a total of three containers. I have had an amazing experience with this cleanser and frequently receive complements on my skin because of the benefits of this product. Its pleasant scent of lavender is quite calming and my very sensitive skin was never irritated by the formula composed of mostly essential oils. It provides enough exfoliation so that I no longer exfoliate using Cure once a week like I did in the past. I used to break out once a month, but now break out every 2-3 months. My skin looks less greasy throughout the day and has reached a porcelain-like clarity: I don't struggle with bumpiness and hyper pigmentation anymore.

Pros: visible change in condition of skin, nice scent, vegan, natural ingredients, non-irritating

Cons: Due to the lack of preservatives, one has to repurchase frequently. Also, towards the expiration date, it tends to get VERY SOGGY, which is rather unsanitary and creates a breeding ground for bacteria. I used to use it in the shower, but I would recommend to keep it out of the shower and only use it at the sink. If you take hot showers like I do, avoid storing the cleanser in your bathroom when showering. Also, the packaging requires that you touch the cleanser in the container to apply it, which is sort of germy.

Overall: Really nice cleanser :) Have recommended it to friends and they have liked it as well!

on 3/12/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have been looking to purchase gentle, chemical-free and cruelty-free facial products. I have combination skin, and it's also very sensitive.
Most cleansers, no matter how gentle they claim to be, always dry out my skin and make it feel very tight. Even Chagrin Valley's soaps did the same. And their soaps are organic, handmade, and are moisturizing. I do love Chagrin Valley, but their soaps made my face dry.

I just got this yesterday--and maybe I'm being a bit hasty here--but this was extremely gentle on my face. I was worried it was going to be too gritty, but it wasn't at all. The smell was lovely, and it didn't dry out my skin at all. I was shocked and very pleased. I will update after further use. My only complaint is that the expiration date is only in a month and a half. I love this, because it really means they're using fresh products. I really appreciate that. But I hate it because it'll probably expire before I run out! I'd rather be using fresh products, though, so I'll just suck it up.

on 3/7/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have mostly dry sensitive skin and some psoriasis spots and was on the hunt for a more natural and mild exfoliator for my skin. I read the great reviews and decided to try this on impulse even though it was quite pricey. I love it! It left my skin soft, smooth and moisturized without any irritation. I was able scrub around my t zone without causing the psoriasis areas feeling raw. I find the smell therapeutic too. On the downside, this product causes a mess. I only use it when I'm on the shower, and never over the sink. The short best before period is also a con as I don't think I was able to finish it without purposely using it as a body scrub.

on 2/18/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely exfoliator that I've repurchased several times. I'm not sure why this is marketed as a cleanser as this has no cleansing properties. This is a thick paste with soft scrubbing granules (made of ground almonds) that you add water to and use. It leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth, also getting rid of flakes. Now, I have extremely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions and what I love most about this scrub is that it leaves the skin moisturized. I only have a problem with the packaging because water tends to get into it and it gets kind of gross, but just be careful and you'll be fine. It's my HG exfoliator and I recommend it to everyone no matter what skin type.

on 2/15/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HOLY GRAIL CLEANSER! Here's a little backstory; I had never bought anything from Lush before, but I was having a lot of problems with my skin (reminding me of my early high school days when it was really bad) so I wanted to try something fresh and natural for a change. I spoke to the employee and she asked me about my skin and I told her I was extreme combination, because my nose would get disgustingly oily (foundation doesn't stay on my nose no matter what I do, that's how bad it is) and the rest of my face would be so dry that skin would start peeling off and looking cracked and scaly. She told me that maybe my skin wasn't oily, and that it might be dehydrated because I was using so many harsh things to dry it out. She gave me a sample of AOB and I used it every single day for the next five days and as soon as it was done, I went straight back to Lush to get the full-sized version. Let me explain why.

*Price: Reasonable, relative to Lush prices. I always expect to pay a little more for natural ingredients.
*Packaging: Standard. Very cute, too. I like the little sticker that tells you who packaged it for you, when they did so, and when it'll expire.
*Product: At first the smell was a bit off to me, but now I'm addicted to it. It's a gentle-mild exfoliating cleanser that is NOT a makeup remover, so you do need to take your makeup off before using this. I always use a wipe. Because the base is ground almonds, adding water creates a sort of almond milk that really hydrates. Some people say it leaves a film on their skin, but I sort of like that, because it's soft and smooth, not thick and greasy.
*Positives: After washing my face with other products, my face always felt tight and dry like it would crack if I even opened my mouth. After washing with this, it feels so plump and good, I sometimes skip moisturizing. The rose in it really does calm the redness around my nose and I am noticing that it's helping with my blackheads.
*Negatives: Some people have complained that the shelf life of this product is too short (4 months). However, I only bought the little tub, and I know that if I continue to use it every day like I've been doing, it will last me the 4 months, if not less. You don't need a lot. Another thing is that people have said it broke them out after using it for a while. I don't have particularly sensitive skin so I can't speak for that - yet. I'm breaking out a little around the chin, but that's likely hormonal due to my upcoming time of the month (sorry, TMI!), but I'll come back and edit this review if anything changes.

Overall, I do love this cleanser. While it did not cure my oily nose, it did save the dry patches over the rest of my face, my redness, and my blackheads. I don't leave it in the shower because I don't want to get the container damp, I heard it goes moldy - I just take some in my palm and hop into the shower and wash my face first thing. This is how I use it; I break off a large pea-sized amount and put it in my palm, then put a little warm water over it. I use my fingers to crush it into a paste and then work in sections on my damp face, scrubbing and applying more as I go. This is how you avoid wasting too much product from it falling off the face if you apply it straight onto the face and try to rub it in that way. Then I do another once-over scrub of whatever is left on my hands and wash it off. I use it every day, usually twice, and I've never had any problems with it being too harsh for my skin. If you're skeptical, at least try a sample!

on 2/7/2015 12:48:00 PM

having combination skin, i started to get psoriasis on my chin and cheeks. after googling a lot of natural cures, i found lots of reviews that this is gentle, exfoliating and also non drying for psoriasis. I bought a tub for $15 in Australia and it has cured my face. no more psoriasis!!!

The only negative is that I dont like the packaging in the tub, and you have about 2 months before it goes off. However given the results and that its all natural i would definitely repurchase again to use as a facial scrub.

on 2/3/2015 11:16:00 AM

Love this cleanser for the winter mostly because it washes off clean but does leave moisture behind (not a gunky film) and works really well with the Full of Grace serum bar.

on 1/31/2015 11:37:00 PM

Been using this for about two weeks and I can't decide if I love it yet. It's a good cleanser but I think I am still searching for a HG Cleaner. It smells really good. super soft exfoliate which I really like (my skin tends to get dry quickly) I kind of dislike the whole "make a paste" formula, but oh well. Will update with further use..

on 1/29/2015 7:56:00 AM

This is a lovely, natural vegan cleanser. It is not, however, a makeup remover so you should remove makeup with a wipe before using this. That said, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I follow up with LUSH's Breath Of Fresh Air Toner and Celestial Moisturiser and my skin is soft, clear and cool to touch. This cleaner takes a bit of getting used to, however it is not hard work to use. You simply pinch off a pea-sized amount, mix it with a bit of water on your palm or fingers, wipe onto a damp face and then rinse off. The result is clean, clear skin with reduced redness. I have combination skin and this did not dry my skin out nor exacebate oiliness. I feel that this skin might not be such a great match for those with very oily skin though and would instead recommend LUSH's Coalface. Angels On Bare Skin is one of LUSH's best sellers and for good reason. It does not irritate sensitive skin and I believe it would work for those with dry to combination skin. It smells like lavender and is handmade with a shelf life of approximately 3 months. I would highly recommend this product.

on 1/27/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I got a pot of this as I fancied a change from my usual lush cleanser - "herbalism". I found that it does cleanse my skin to a degree but not as well as I was hoping. It doesn't have much texture to it so i felt the need to really scrub it to get my face clean. I have combination skin and found that my cheeks and forehead which are quite medium to dry were left soft and fresh, my nose which can be quite oily felt coated and my chin, which is the only even skin area on my face broke out the day after I used it. Not impressed! I'd reccomend this for people with quite dry skin as I didn't feel the need to moisturise after using this cleanser, it seems a little bit too nourishing for me!