October 23, 2014 | 1807 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When trying to describe this lovely color, it is hard to justify its unique qualities. While reading thru some earlier reviews of this color, someone hit it right on the nail head. It reminded them of an abalone shell. That beautiful opalescent mixture of pinks, blues, greens, pearl, and touches of grey and gold. I really wish MAC would introduce some new colors that are duochrome. This color pairs beautiful with purples, blues, greens, and it can be used over a darker color to add lightness and soft shimmers. I would definitly recommend anyone to add this little gem into their collection of eyeshadows. This was one of my first ever MAC purchases and would definitely repurchase this one when its gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely one of my favorite Mac shadows. Very beautiful, unique shade. Opalescent silver duochrome with pink and green. I have silvery gray hair and I wear glasses and I love how this shade brightens up my whole eye area. I wear this from lid to brow In a nice even layer and then a variety of colors in the crease--navy blue, purple, or a matte gray--my favorite. Love, love and love!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Smashin31385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love vex! Looks pinkish-green but very versatile. I usually use this on the inner corners to open up my eyes. Can be a bit too light on my skin by itself, i use it with Club and holy whoa

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Les281

Love pairing this w/a purple smokey eye! Not the best pay off but for inner corner highlight it looks beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

I really wanted this to work for me, since it is so beautiful in the pan and even when swatched on hand. It just doesn't look the same when actually on my eyes. In the pan it is a greeney grey duochrome with hints of pink, on my eyes it turns to a flat muddy almost nonexistent beige. The texture is very nice but I couldn't get it to show on me, even with a primer (I'm n15).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by brjsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, love .....did I mention love! This color looks amazing over any eyeshadow! It completely transforms and color and always looks great. I love it when I overdo a smokey eye and just a sweep of vex brightens up the whole look. Great as a highlighter too!!! I've used it over club, fig1, even old gold pigment. Happy, happy shadow. A must have:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by elmoroque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye shadow of my whole collection. It has pink, silver, blue, green some beige tone to it. My go to look is Vex all over the lid and Shale along the lash line and outer v. Then, I apply black eye liner and mascara. Purple/plum color of Shale brings pink and blue tone of Vex. So beautiful! It has color but at the same time very natural, and work appropriate! I got so many compliments from girl friends, guy friends and even random guys whenever I wear my eye make up like that lol. FYI, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes with very pale skin. (I believe NC15 in MAC)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous spring/summer eyeshadow showing light pink and green tones. I first spotted it on a co-worker and she told me what it was. Being a little copycat (hee hee) I bought it and wore it to work also. Another co-worker asked me about it, and then SHE bought it also! So there were the three of us in our Vex shadow, LOL! Too funny. I used it until the last dredges finally broke and made a mess. Then I forgot about it until recently. So I definitely need to get another one, so I can start a whole new generation of co-workers duping. Ha! Try it if you like that "opalescent" look. It's very flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Vex is a complex eyeshadow which reminds me of an abalone shell. It is a grey base with pink and green duochrome shifts. Such a unique shade! It looks great on the lid and changes when used in combination with other colours.

It applies smoothly and is highly pigmented. Blends well and brings a beautiful brightness to the eyes.

Love this one and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing colour! Other reviewers have done a far better job of describing this shade, but on my ultra pale cool toned skin this is a smoky light grey with a hint of pink. I can't really see the green sparkles, but I imagine they help with making this e/s work with several other shades. It's very flattering. My brown eyes look lovely and I've had several compliments.
It's an oddly neutral, soft shade - you can pair this with purples, greys, pinks and browns.
My favourite way to wear this is with Satin Taupe in the crease for an easy smoky eye - I wear this at least a few times a week. Looks gorgeous with peach or pink lipstick etc.
A very flattering and unique colour that you won't find anywhere but MAC. Lasts a long time, very blendable and just totally gorgeous. I love this!