MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 2/18/2013 6:25:00 PM

My NW20, pinkness, brings out the pink in this shade. I swatched it on my arm and all I could see was a pink toned pearl shade. When I tried it on with a green coat, I caught a glimpse of that. It does not come out ashy on me at all. The MUA said those with extreme yellow tones would find this skewing ashy on them. But on me, it is lovely. I wore it with Dame blush, a soft pink lippie, Coquette in the crease and Shroom in the highlight area (Vex on the lid). It really looks nice. And I am almost 40 & the frost finish is not OTT.

If you are going to only look into a few MAC eye shadows, this and Sumptuous Olive are two colors that are so much more than meets the eye and not your flat boring, "I can get these anywhere" colors.

I bought Vex months ago and didn't really give it much love... and that's because I wasn't using it the way it looks best. I tried packing it on the lid, which looked horrible and I just put it in one of my palettes and left it alone since June. I decided to try it as a wash and totally loved it. Also, Vex looks gorgeous in the inner corner -- and matches just about any look, but my favorite is with a purple smokey eye and Vex in the inner corner. Will definitely repurchase! Check out my blog for pictures:

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), gray blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I really like Vex and have used it alot since purchasing. To me, it is a complex silver gray shimmer. I don't worry about if the duochrome shows up upon application, as I didn't purchase it having that expectation. I really enjoy using it as a highlight color for my inner eye corners, especially as a way to lighten up smokey eye looks. It is subtle and sophisticated, looks great during the day too. Much more complimentary and less harsh and dramatic looking than a true silver. I know I will wear this shadow until I hit pan, and it is a wonderful addition to my other highlight shade, MAC's Dazzlelight.

on 11/16/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When trying to describe this lovely color, it is hard to justify its unique qualities. While reading thru some earlier reviews of this color, someone hit it right on the nail head. It reminded them of an abalone shell. That beautiful opalescent mixture of pinks, blues, greens, pearl, and touches of grey and gold. I really wish MAC would introduce some new colors that are duochrome. This color pairs beautiful with purples, blues, greens, and it can be used over a darker color to add lightness and soft shimmers. I would definitly recommend anyone to add this little gem into their collection of eyeshadows. This was one of my first ever MAC purchases and would definitely repurchase this one when its gone.

on 11/16/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Definitely one of my favorite Mac shadows. Very beautiful, unique shade. Opalescent silver duochrome with pink and green. I have silvery gray hair and I wear glasses and I love how this shade brightens up my whole eye area. I wear this from lid to brow In a nice even layer and then a variety of colors in the crease--navy blue, purple, or a matte gray--my favorite. Love, love and love!

on 10/23/2012 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love vex! Looks pinkish-green but very versatile. I usually use this on the inner corners to open up my eyes. Can be a bit too light on my skin by itself, i use it with Club and holy whoa

on 9/20/2012 1:34:00 PM

Love pairing this w/a purple smokey eye! Not the best pay off but for inner corner highlight it looks beautiful.

on 8/10/2012 12:37:00 AM

I really wanted this to work for me, since it is so beautiful in the pan and even when swatched on hand. It just doesn't look the same when actually on my eyes. In the pan it is a greeney grey duochrome with hints of pink, on my eyes it turns to a flat muddy almost nonexistent beige. The texture is very nice but I couldn't get it to show on me, even with a primer (I'm n15).

on 8/6/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love .....did I mention love! This color looks amazing over any eyeshadow! It completely transforms and color and always looks great. I love it when I overdo a smokey eye and just a sweep of vex brightens up the whole look. Great as a highlighter too!!! I've used it over club, fig1, even old gold pigment. Happy, happy shadow. A must have:)

on 6/19/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite eye shadow of my whole collection. It has pink, silver, blue, green some beige tone to it. My go to look is Vex all over the lid and Shale along the lash line and outer v. Then, I apply black eye liner and mascara. Purple/plum color of Shale brings pink and blue tone of Vex. So beautiful! It has color but at the same time very natural, and work appropriate! I got so many compliments from girl friends, guy friends and even random guys whenever I wear my eye make up like that lol. FYI, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes with very pale skin. (I believe NC15 in MAC)

Top Rated MAC Products