October 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by thyme2sow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Redken products, it seems that my hair responds well to them. I have used Redken Fresh Curls (my HG now discontinued), Curvaceous (too heavy), Body Full (too drying), All Soft (worked well), Time Reset (left my hair tangled) Cleansing Cream (LOVE and use this 1X per week) shampoos and my hair prefers the Color Extend. This shampoo foams and cleans well without being harsh. It leaves my hair healthy and shining without being weighted down. I use it sometimes every day and sometimes every other day along with the Redken Color Extend Conditioner. I also use Redken Satinwear 02 Blowdry Lotion to blowdry my hair and finish with Redken Tousle Whip 04 Cream-Wax. I always purchase this from Ulta during their liter sale. For reference I have naturally wavy hair that is NOT color treated since I have an allergy to hair dye (bummer, I know). My hair is between chin and shoulder length, cut in an inverted bob with a few layers. The only thing that I hate about Redken is that they seem to change their formulas often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

It seems most people don't like this shampoo but I really like it. I got a free sample about a month ago and liked it so well that I bought a regular size. I have dry, course hair that is colored. This shampoo extends the color and leaves my hair easy to manage and shiny without weighing it down. The packaging is good just like all other Redken products. It has a light scent that is better than most shampoos I have used. I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by donna01010

I began using this in 2006 and swore by it until this year (2013). Since they have changed the original formula, it is not worth buying. It does NOT clean but, amazingly, the old formula cleaned well. The new formula weighs my hair down and I don't look like I have even washed my hair after using it!! Unless Redken changes back to the original formula, I will not buy this anymore. Sad... I used it for 7 years...but...NO MORE

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This left my fine hair very heavy and filmy. My hair looked stringy and very matted.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

I have wavy colored hair and it is pretty healthy. this is by far the worst professional shampoo i have ever used in my life....it gets rid of my waves, dries out my hair, leaves a film on my hair and tangles it terribly. when i use the blonde glam of their other shampoos my hair is just perfect. this is worse than a drug store shampoo. sadly i bought one Liter. i think i will use it as hand soap.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay shampoo, but not for blond hair. When I use it my darker parts are much more noticeable. I have highlights, because my hair gets a lot darker in the winter, but it grows very fast. After one month my darker blonde hair is already noticeable. So I need shampoos that light up my dark hair as well as cleaning it. I like the shampoo from the extreme line a lot, but my mother has this one and I decided to give it a try. It does clean your hair, and I didn't need conditioner + it's straight when I let it air dry, and my scalp doesn't feel itchy. My mom has brown coloured hair, and her hair looks really shiny and healthy, so maybe it's more suitable for brunettes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by celtalitha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this for free when I got my hair tinted at an Ulta salon. I kind of feel like they were giving them away because they couldn't sell them, because honestly, this was bad. My hair is thick, wavy, blonde, bleach and color treated. This was drying + leaves hair sticky/filmy. I've liked their All Soft and Blonde lines (the conditioners, at least, I try to stay away from sulfate shampoo these days) but this one was a definite dud for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kikibeesquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First I would like to say that I love Redken products! This shampoo was terrible. It smells almost like hair dye to me. Not only that, but it didn't wash out well. I felt like my hair was very unmanageable while using this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by heatheln

Hi, at my last appointment at a Brisbane salon I had my hair coloured (balayage). I was told that the Redken colour extend shampoo and conditioner would make my hair shiny and extend the life of the colour by up to 4-6 weeks. I was told that I shouldn't use supermarket shampoo/conditioner products. I was also told to use the shampoo twice when washing. I mentioned to my hairdresser that I had dry hair.

Basically what I would like to say is that none of the above claims happened. The toner washed out the first time I used the product. My hair was dull, lifeless and felt like straw and within 48 was super oily. After two uses the result was soo poor that I had to revert back to my supermarket product and my hair felt good again (soft, shiny, bouncy).

I then used the redken shampoo with another conditioner. the result was better but hair was super oily after 24 hours. Then ditched the shampoo and condtioner and hair was fine again..i almost breathed a sigh of relief!

After spending $58 on the Redken shampoo and conditioner I expect more. Yet it was worse than supermarket brands like herbal essences and tresemme. I will never be using the product again and have wasted over $50.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sandrathp

Worst shampoo I have ever used. I bought it w/ the mask of the same line and used up half the bottles until I realized that the allergic reaction I was having was from these 2 products. They are so harsch on my scalp, worse than the cheapest drug store brands. I switched to Redken after using Kerastase Reflection for years, just to try something new, what a bad idea. My hair was healthy w/ the Kerastase Reflection line and the Redken absolutely ruined it. I do not know why High End Salons use this... It have thick hair and now they are very thin and I have a bad dry scalp condition. The only thing from Redken that is OK is their anti-dandruff shampoo. Dozens of hairstylist and colorist have recommended it. It does works at actually healing (light condition, normal type) dandruff not just temporarily stopping it like most other brands. b/c my Salon uses Overall, Redken and being a canadian local product, I thought it would have the same quality as HE brands without the import duty/handling markup... I still cannot beleive that in Europe Redken is as expensive as Kerastase is here, I would never pay so high for something so mediocre. I bought mine 20$ on special before taxes, Kerastase is 34$ before taxes. This will be the last time I try to save a few bucks on shampoo! I should have stuck w/ Kerastase:-(