April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by astroglidealyssa

Not usually a big fan of lip pots but this stuff is perfect. Just the right amount of mint, soft&silky ultra moisturizing. Well worth the money

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Not very hygienic. And for more than 40 bucks it's not amazing. I have tried lots of balms and Aquafor has still been my favorite. Don't regret buying but I would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by colorrefinery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute favorite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I would have continued to purchase despite the price if the ingredients were more natural. Since they are not, I moved on to more eco-friendly products (Pangea's lip balms, namely).

Pros: minty calming refreshing scent, moisturizes, beautiful packaging
Cons: expensive, ingredients not natural

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While I generally use high-end skincare brands, I'm not loyal to one brand and also use less expensive brands like Mario Badescu. I've been a fan of La Mer for years, as I've been using Creme de la Mer religiously as my night cream for about five years and can't live without it. As far as lip balms, I can't use waxy sticks or Vaseline type products. I've been using Dr. Hauschka lip balm which retails for about $17 a jar, and is available at places like Whole Foods. I really like that product, and strayed for a chance to try La Mer's lip balm on a whim. Wow. Of course the packaging is beautiful, with La Mer's signature green as the tub's color and a mirrored top with the logo etched in the center. It looks like a $50 lip balm. Upon opening it, I was instantly reminded of a Thin Mint cookie! It literally smells and tastes like a Thin Mint, which I actually like. I was unsure of how I'd feel about the mint factor, but I find it to be refreshing. A little goes a long way, much like Creme de la Mer. My lips feel supple, nourished, and moisturized without feeling greasy or waxy. What can I say? It's perfect. Now I'm in a pickle because I am hooked! This is certainly an expensive product, and considering I use it multiple times a day I figure it will last just over a month. When money's not tight, I will be buying this product again. Another winner from La Mer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Nickydfg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Worth every penny. If this didn't work to ur 'ideal' then return it and stop complaining. Fab lip treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kristinelorraine

my HG lip balm. this is the only lip balm that works on my cracked, rough lips. i could feel my lips drying out when i'm not using it. definitely worth the $$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by chanteuselaur

I had very cracked lips and had tried dozens of lip balms, treatments, etc. Carmex, things with shea butter, things with coconut oil, things with menthol, things with petroleum jelly, things that exfoliated, medicated things ,etc etc. Absolutely nothing was helping. Finally I decided to try this product, and it healed the sores on my lips within hours. It must be the 'miracle broth.' If you do not have severely dry lips, I can imagine it would not be a very impressive product, but if you do: I'm telling you, it really does work. It actually can heal very chapped, cracked lips in very little time. I don't think I can go without it. It completely changed my lips, and I am happy they are no longer painful, cracked, and are now smooth, soft, and comfortable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, this does smell and taste exactly like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your tastes. The texture is smooth and luxurious. It's not too thick or too watery and it leaves your lips looking healthy, not glossy. However, I don't find this lasts any longer than your average lip balm. I'm not convinced it provides any healing benefits either. After an hour my lips look dry, cracked, and/or feathered again. Overall, this is just 'so-so'. For the price and cult following, I expected more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by becca7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Now that I am forty-year old broke single mom I am embarrassed to admit that I ever purchased this at all, let alone loved it. Yet I did indeed adore it. If you have the money I once did, feel free to indulge! It was by far the most luxuriously pleasurable lip balm to ever touch my lips. However, these days I find that eos sweet mint is just fine as a (three dollar!) substitute.
UPDATE: The eos sweet mint smells good enough to eat (which is exactly what my two-year old did with the first one I owned!). However, after using it several days in a row during a Texas semi-cold spell I have come to the tragic conclusion that it doesn't even come CLOSE to La Mer. The latter had a butter-like consistency which was instantly absorbed. Eos leaves a waxy film and actually seems to be making my lips dryer. Maybe the La Mer is worth it after all...