November 26, 2014 | 1912 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

I have the Pink Quartz shimmer brick.

The formula is nice and smooth, and gives a pretty, smooth glow that isn't too sparkly. The packaging is also gorgeous, sleek and durable.

My only criticism is that when I swipe the whole brick with a blush brush to give a glow to my cheeks, the comination colour that comes out is very cool, with grey undertones. I specifically chose the Pink Quartz as it looked warmer toned, and I was expecting a dusty-rose-bronze, but the resulting colour for me is still very silvery in the light, when worn on my face. On closer examination it looks like all of the shades in the brick are made with a base of silvery/faun.

Unfortuntely this cool tone makes my cheeks look flat and greyish if I apply more than a tiny weeny bit. I have noticed the same with a friend that uses the Bronze shimmer brick - her cheeks look cool brownish grey. It's a pretty, smooth shine but not an ideal colour shade.

Individually, the strips of colour make nice metallic eyeshadows.

I'd be happy to buy this product again if I can find a warmer toned colour that doesn't have undertones of silver. If you are going to buy a shimmer brick, I'd recommend testing it out on your face (rather than hand or wrist) before buying it, and get a good look in the light to check you're happy with the colour it shines.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Versatile product

I've had a few different shades of this product, happy with them all! They can be used for a full on shimmer or a hint of shimmer, just depends what you like. I use a little over a pink blusher because they don't offer as much colour as you might think, by looking at the colours in the brick itself. Great for eyes too! I know is classed as a highlighter but I think it works better as a highlighter for people with cheekbones. Not me! So I just use on cheeks. Doesn't need much touch up, lasts about a year used every day

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by romhudson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my shimmerbrick, it highlighta all the best features in my face, and discreetly too. I have used things like benefit - high beam but those ones feel too obvious too me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it's very easy to apply and gives the skin this extra glowing without been glittery.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

Before I bought this product, I never thought the day would come when I would actually toss a Bobbi Brown product into the bin - but I did this one! It is loud and shimmery and simply not classy. I guess I should accept that the product is called Shimmer Brick and delivers as expected.. my fault. I prefer a more discreet hightlight, such as NARS Nico or Shiseido luminizing face color in BE 206.. In all fairness, the Shimmer Brick came with a nice brush that I use all the time, so it wasn't a complete miss..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I tend to use this more as an eyeshadow than a highlighter, as I do not like my highlights too strong and shimmery. I like the 'shine' look more. I love the way it makes my eyelids very shimmery and shiny, with a little sense of metallic build to it. However, I feel that it doesn't really stick onto the skin very well, needing some help of shadow primers. Also, it is very flaky and has a lot of fallout, so I tend to do my eye makeup before I do my foundation, whenever I am using this. I personally wouldn't purchase such a product from bobbi brown since I like to save money on makeup that's just used, washed out and gone after time, but I like using it as a present from a friend (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

My mom got this for me in Pink Oyster (Asia exclusive). At first I was a bit unsure as to whether it would work on my skin because I am a medium tan (NC40) and dont have the oriental skintone to carry off such light colours. I have to say - it really does show !! I use it on my cheekbones with some bronzer below and it just sort of lifts my face and gives it an "ethereal" glow.

I would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is the perfect day time highlighter for me. It's very subtle and delivers just enough sheen to make my face glow. I have tried this product under candle light, couldn't see it at all. I would use benefit's high beam or nars' albatross if you want it to really stand out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by CairiS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got my shimmer brick last year in a limited edition offer. First the SA was rubbish, really giving the impression he was not wanting to be there and not wanting to tell me about any of the products, but the offer seemed so good I couldn't pass it up. The shimmer brick was far too dark for my fair skin (bronze, beige and brown colours) but the reason it gets 3 lippies is it makes the perfect smokey eye for me. As a blush/bronzer I will never use this product but as an eyeshadow palette it is perfect and I use it over and over again. I wouldn't re-purchase this particular shade but I am tempted to buy a lighter pink colour to test it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Junebug85

I have the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in the colour "Nectar". It has different shades of red/pink/peach and 1 shimmery beige colour, i use it as a blush daily, all you do is use a blush brush, swirl it around your compact to get a combination of all light and darker shades, and apply to apples of cheeks. I really like this blush because it gives you a natural glow, not too dark, not too light, not too shimmery and i love all the sweet colours that its made up of. Its versatile, you can also use it as eyeshadow, so its very good value for money as it not only has one shade but you've got a few which you can mix and match with. Packaging is really good, its a hard case, very easy to open and store, and just the right size for me to carry around in my bag.