April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hand down, the best heat protector on earth (especially for blowdrying my hair)!
I've got thick, straight coarse and colored hair, so a heat protectant is such a must for my dry hair. I've bought this when I read several reviews and fell in love with it. I use this everytime I come out of the shower and blowdry my hair. My hair fellt so sof and smooth and the best there's absolutely no frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Julie722

I love this product - I have very fine hair and have never been able to use any kind of product as it immediately weighs my hair down and builds up residue. However, this blow-dry lotion leaves my hair silky smooth, shiny, and has reduced frizz during the humid summer months down in Florida. I don't know how I went without this for so long.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this is still a great product, Redken Smooth Heat Glide delivers the same results, but BETTER. It tames frizzes and smooths out your hair effortlessly. I find that this lotion doesn't smooth out my ends as well as the heat glide. Both products will give you the same shine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my hair shiny, straight, and overall just better. Also, I found that it made my relaxed hair sweat proof, which is major if you have relaxed hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic straightening lotion! What I love about it is it is a heat protectant and seems to speed up the blow-drying process while leaving my hair straight, soft and polished. I took one lippie off because it doesn't combat frizz completely (I dab on something like a light styling oil or product like Redken Extreme on the ends where my hair tends to frizz in addition to the lotion), but it helps control flyaways - another plus. Definitely one of the best straightening lotions out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after my hairstylist used it to blow dry my hair with amazing results - wasn't really the same when I did it myself of course, but it leaves my hair much smoother and softer by the time its dry and helps protect it from heat too, and i don't use a large amount so it lasts. the smell isn't great, a bit chemical-y, and my hair gets greasy a bit faster that it would otherwise, but probably the biggest downside is the price ( I paid 15). i may buy it again but i want to try out some others first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I bought this quite a while ago, along with a bunch of other redken products, because I hate blowdrying my hair and I hate the usual drugstore heat protectors.
This doesnt weight my hair down or make it greasy, that is a huge plus for me. Another big win-win is that it seems to make my hair dry faster (not like 'wow, 30secs and done' but if you have long hair, you can tell). Last but not least: the feel! I can tell every time I used this because I can't stop touching my hair!!! It feels so soft and lightweight!
Its a tiny bottle, and I share it with my mom, but this is HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by kookoobird

I use this before I blowdry and it works great for heat protection, eliminating fly-aways, and reducing static. I have tried a number of these heat protection products and this is the best I have found. I have fine, straight, colortreated hair and this does not make my hair flat or fade my color.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

nothing special ive used better heat protectants. i LOve the smell tho <3 only possitive thing, its also really stickkyy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is genius! Background: I have very thick, VERY textured hair that I've put through the ringer for about 10 years. Coloring, stripping, bleaching...something different at least once a month since I was about 12. Put almost daily heat styling on top of this and my hair has been a complete damaged, frizzy mess for a very long time. I recently decided I wanted it cut into a piecey inverted bob. Needless to say I was on a mad dash to the store for some kind of product that would make my new style manageable. No product in the *world* could have done what this little bottle of magic does. Two pumps on towel dried hair, comb through and blow dry---absolutely stunned. My hair is so smooth, so soft and straight that I almost don't need to flat iron it! Even when I don't feel like blow drying it and just use the lotion and let my hair air dry this is wonderfully effective. My hair still has some curl, but it's still incredibly smooth and silky. My only regret is that it's taken me so long to find this. 5 lippies and an eternal recommendation from me. This stuff is flawless.