Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After looking at it for weeks, I finally bought a Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in the shade 2238 Soft Green. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd like this because I have dark (NW40 for reference) skin & thought it might literally look green on my face. I specially wanted to try this pressed powder because I actually do have extra sensitive & breakout-prone skin; when I saw that this reduces irritation & breakouts, I had to try it.

I don't know what was up with the particular package I bought, but it didn't have the brush inside the compact—"includes built-in mirror & brush." It wasn't the end of the world because I don't mind using my own kabuki brush. The powder did cut the shine from my face like any other powder, but not much else. Most of us know that "green" means corrector… this doesn't do much on its own but eliminate shine & offer a little bit of coverage. I loved how it took the oil off my face without totally drying it out… The powder is green-&-white marble in color & comes off a little white on the skin, & looks translucent after it's blended out. Regardless of your skin tone, I recommend a light hand when applying.

I mostly wear this powder alone, but I do sometimes use it to set/finish liquid makeup. This is a great everyday powder if you have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It costs $14 from Physician's Formula, but it's $5 if you buy it from Ulta.

on 1/4/2015 3:57:00 PM

This is my HG foundation powder. I have used this for years and I always end up coming back to it. It offers medium-full coverage and it never irritates my skin or clogs pores. I am very fair/porcelain in skin color (nc10) and I always buy translucent light and it matches just great! I use a brush to apply for sheer coverage or a puff to apply for full coverage.

As usual the included brush is useless and I always throw them out. The packaging is rather bulky and it breaks easily if dropped onto hard surfaces.

One compact probably lasts me around 7-9 months of daily use so it lasts quite a while!

Pros
-medium to full coverage
-evens skin tone
-doesnt cause acne/clog pores
-doesnt cake
-no perfumes/fragrance
-lasts

Cons
-bulky packaging
-included brush is useless
-range of shades is lacking

This is an awesome powder to keep on hand!

This foundation is THE BEST!!!!!! !!!! Completely shocked and floored that I like this! If you are like me you will shell out cash for a foundation that works.......a lot of them make.me look worse and break my skin out! I was looking at pictures last week and noticed a lot of the make up I have been wearing looks like a mask and settled into my skin. Also, I look shiny within an hour of applying it and I don't have young oily skin! I have a bit of redness, large pores that get clogged u up and some uneven pigmentation. I want something fast and that would not irratate my.skin. I wanted to look like.me.buy fresher. This makeup did this! I seriously can't believe how.much better I look with this on. I have the middle shade. I had a lot of.pictures taken tonight.and my.skin looked nice in all of them. No shiny greasy or.dried out look. I'm going to buy.a bunch of backups. This might be the one you are looking for if you can't find a foundation.

on 12/25/2014 5:00:00 AM

This product satisfies all my criteria in pressed powders and is very multipurpose! My skin is fair, dry/combination and clog-prone. There are several ways I use this face powder (translucent in winter, creamy natural in summer):
- Lightly buffed over concealer to set (light coverage days)
- Lightly buffed in as a base for Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation (increases longevity/oil control) (medium coverage, 5-7 hours)
- Lightly dusted over BB cream or foundation to set (medium coverage, 10+ hours)

I use this with the Real Techniques powder brush and it applies evenly. Powder is finely milled, a little goes a long way! No need to cake this up for oil control, in fact, applying too much will make you look cakey. This is the only powder I've used that doesn't clog my pores or break me out (not that I've used that many but I've tried highly reviewed products from MAC, Australis and other Physician's Formula)! Considering the good price and high performance of this product, I don't need to hunt for other powders. Packaging could be a bit nicer but otherwise, this is HG!

on 12/14/2014 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this a lot, really light and easy to wear, and does a nice job of evening out my skin tone without being too thick or chalky. Doesn't make my skin break out or irritated at all.

on 12/12/2014 10:03:00 PM

Absolutely love this. It's usually difficult for me to find a color match when it comes to drugstore products, but Sand Beige is perfect on me (MAC NC 40). Granted, my skin is naturally pretty good, but this made my skin flawless! And it looks very natural, like I don't even have makeup on. I even love this more than the Super BB Powder. I'm not a fan of the applicator it came with, and like to use my Ecotools retractable kabuki instead. Powder is finely milled. Packaging is very cute. Only down side is that darker shades are hard to find. Went to several drugstores and Walmarts before I finally had to order my shade from Amazon.

on 12/6/2014 12:27:00 AM

This is the best powder foundation I can't believe I found this at the drug store!! This is the only powder foundation that last long hours, no noticeable unflattering powder that your able to see on the skin. I think this would work on dry to oil skin. I have combo skin and it works amazingly for my skin. I always hater powder foundation but I felt in love with this product.

on 11/17/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in "Creamy Natural". I don't really like this very much. It goes on very loose and kind of makes me look like a ghost. It was supposed to be more translucent, or maybe I am imagining things. It's supposed to be "color correcting" but really all it does is make me look much more pale and sickly. The consistency is very thin. When you use the brush that comes with it, it ends up kicking up a LOT of product dust and it goes everywhere. I've used my It Cosmetics powder brush with it and it looks a little better. All in all its just way to dusty for me.

on 11/17/2014 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't usually use drug store brands because I find color matching almost impossible and they are usually heavy on the silicone. This one was a pleasant surprise I was looking for something to give a tad more coverage over my BB for trips to the store etc. without looking like a caked on mask. I usually use BM for this but ran out and didn't feel like driving 25 miles to the nearest Sephora or Ulta. This is pretty powdery in the compact but not on the skin and gives a nice light finishing coverage over my Naked BB cream. It isn't very long lasting but great for helping you look presentable in public or for light makeup on weekends. Nice cheap alternative to high end mineral powders and the beige is a good color match for me.

on 11/8/2014 12:16:00 AM

This matches my skin pretty well but it looks heavier and more matte than I'd like. I use it over foundation or bb cream or sometimes on its own when I'm short on time. It doesn't last very long and I find that it can make me very oily sometimes. Overall just an okay product. It was pretty expensive for a drugstore product. I'm so sad my HG has been discontinued (Benefit Get Even). This compact is pretty big though, I think I will be using it for a while before I can try something else!
April update: Reducing my rating to 1. This stuff makes my face an oil slick within 2 hours. I think it has also been making me break out. The colour match is not bad but just not a good formula if you have oily, acne prone skin. I just tried CG radiance powder which is so far so good. It's been so long that my face wasn't an oil slick that I was so surprised!