October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

J'adore and I were not happy campers in the same tent. A strong tuberose opening gave way to many, many florals invading my space to a (cough, cough) urine odor that at that point intermingled with buttered popcorn. I have not figured out what it is yet, but there are some perfumes that if tuberose is an ingredient, I will smell buttered popcorn. It has that effect with my skin's chemistry, and it's actually quite nice (the buttered popcorn effect). It turns to a delightful melted butter over fresh popcorn, the kind you'd get at movie houses, or the kind you make at home, either way, it's fresh and aromatic. I've heard that J'adore is complicated and changes on a person. It did for me. Over several hours time it evolves from a mind-blowing tuberose down to an unpleasant urine odor that I cannot stomach and just will not go away. J'adore and I parted ways.
Top Notes: Magnolia, Melon, Peach, Pear, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange.
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Plum, Violet, Orchid, Freesia, Jasmine, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Rose.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Cedar. Blackberry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the sweetness of J'Adore. It's a classic fragrance that works well most of the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my all time favourite perfume. I first received a bottle as a Christmas gift when I was 20, ten years ago. It's a beautiful warming scent, quite old fashioned, but definitely not "old lady". It's elegant, sophisticated and deeply beautiful, warm & comforting. This a scent for ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this fragrance, but you must use it sparingly.

I was told men love this fragrance, and I can see that. I have read the current J'Adore is not the same as the original, and I've read the original was an extremely excellent perfume.

It has magnolia like another perfume I like, Versace Bright Crystal, so I think men must like magnolia. Or maybe it's the freesia and jasmine.

It's not for young girls. It's almost, but not quite, an old lady smell, so you have to be careful how much you use.

Very frutiy and floral. notes of bergamot, mandarin, champaca flower, ivy leaves, jasmine sambac, Turkish rose, violet, orchid, blackberry musk, wood, plum.

from fragrantica: slightly sharp floral with fresh mandarin in the top; jasmine, plum, orchid and rose in the heart; and amaranth, musk and blackberry in the trail

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this perfume for months and finally feel ready to give it a review. Please note that I am reviewing the Eau de Parfum version of Jadore.

I'm sure all of the other fragrance snobs (like myself) would agree with the fact that wearing fragrances that match you well have to do more with your body's/skin's natural chemistry (how much you sweat,body heat, etc).

Before even purchasing, I literally read almost every review on here and many on fragrantica's website as well. Bad idea!! Because some people LOVED it and some people were repulsed, I had no clue if a blind buy would be a good idea or not. Long story short, I tried it on in store but purchased through EBAY. oh my goodness, please PLEASE if you purchase perfumes online, make sure the sources are reputable. and if the price is too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true as well. I learned this the hard way haha.

I would consider myself a mature 20 year old, so I was okay with this "older smelling" perfume. Note that I didn't say old lady because only the sexy grandmas could pull off this scent. Just because I said it's mature doesn't mean it's for a certain age group. just know this isn't a fruity smell nor a gourmand candy either. It's a sexy, confident smell.Also great for special occasions, but I also find it okay enough to wear to school (college).

I agree with it being a COLD weather scent. Somehow excess heat makes this overbearingly strong. I'm in my bedroom right now and it's 68 degrees inside (don't ask, lol) and I can smell the perfume from the NOZZLE of the perfume yet the bottle is 3 feet away from me. That alone can give you a peek of the lasting power and silage :)

I personally love the fact that the smell lasts long. I haven't found too many fragrances that my bf likes but this one has officially been added.

Other fragrances I enjoy are Jessica Simpson-Fancy Love, Katy Perry-Purr,Victoria Secret-Noir Tease,Paul Sebastion-Design. they all have that common factor of being that comfy warm sexy scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse (always a bad idea), and have found that it is one of those fragrances that stings and gives me red streaks on my skin after applying. Beyond that, it's a basic fruity floral (to my nose most noticeably magnolia) with a dreamy musk floating through it, and it bores me to death. Sillage is average, wear time is about 8 noticeable hours. I'm sure plenty of people enjoy it, but I ought to give my bottle away, I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't care for the perfume, but the toilette is just right. It's hard to explain, but it's like you've stepped into a sprite botanical garden, rich with sweet rain mingling the air with light flowers, and touches of the sweet kind of honeysuckle.

The EDP on the other hand, is a little more pungent-like, almost like the woody scent of honeysuckle. It kind of reminds me of licorice, for some reason, or a garden that's heavy blooming and it's hot outside, so it smells heavy but inviting.

Funny because EDP is said, in the articles I read, to be a winter scent. But to me, it smells like when you're out and it's 100 degrees and the flowers are fragrant. EDT is called summer scent, according to the articles, but EDT reminds me of spring. Sweet flowers and rain.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous & elegant w/o being stuffy!

I LOVE J'adore... I tried out a sample I received to my cousin's wedding and got complimented left and right. It smells feminine and sophisticated and elegant W/O being stuffy or old-lady.

After I'm done w/ my beloved Daisy by Marc Jacobs, THIS is my next fancy fragrance buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Uhuu this is sweet as the candies I just ate. I have been using for few times and I no more. It is too sweet for me. It makes my stomach turn.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Silvertip

I loooove this perfume! I don't own it but I wish I did. It's perfect for those special moments with your love, or whatever that you consider important. I know people use this like an everyday perfume, and those might have alot of money to spend, but I'd love to have this for spec. occassions.