November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using celestial since forever and wanted a change so i got this.
big mistake.

my skin got irritated and red kept burning me. but thats because i have really sensitive skin.

I am sticking to celestial

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. I really did. I loved the ingredients, at least in my head. My face, on the other hand, HATED this. I haven't broken out like that since my teens (at least ten years ago, most likely more), and just an hour or two after applying, it would leave me an oil slick. (Yes, I applied it to damp skin, and dry skin, and wet skin. Same results each time.) I think it was the cocoa butter. Hated to return it as I loved the scent, but it just did not work for me. At all. (And I hate that LUSH uses parabens and SLS...get with the times, people!) Still trying to find a *mainly* natural moisturizer that works with my skin. Until then, back to my Neutrogena Oil-Free Combination Skin moisturizer (with all of its nasty ingredients that somehow don't bother my face nearly as much as the LUSH...strange). Tried this for a MONTH. At least they have a wonderful return policy. May try Gorgeous and Vanishing Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by emilyol

love this product, it gives my face a soft non-oily look for the entire day. i use it every morning and then once again at night right after my other lush cleaner and toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ceciliadinh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this product because it was vegan and it was from Lush. However, as I started using it for a awhile it made my face oilier. My forehead and the area around my nose got extremely oily. Natural products didn't really do it for me this time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got a sample of this product, so I only tried it for about a week, applying it only at night. I was recommended this for my oily t zone/dry cheeks combination skin. The lady at LUSH told me it would balance my skin. Well it sure did balance it, the wrong way. It made my entire face even more oily. It really was an unpleasant feeling. The unattractive smell made it even worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by fashionistabeautyqueen

I've been using this product for a couple of days. It smells a bit like camomille, which is nice. You can't use to much of this product otherwise it is too oily, but if you use the amount you should it works quite well. It really moisturizes my combination skin after aplying a toner, so overall I think it is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ak1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVES IT!
I love that it's vegan.
Does what it says it does.
Perfect for day and night.
No extra moisturizer needed after first application and no need to blot throughout the day.
Smells nice.
Good price.
Packaging is fine.
My skin hasn't looked this good in YEARS!
Going to buy a new pot tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got this to add to my skin routine ,I use this after using my toner also from lush ,since i have combination skin the lady at Lush recommended this moisturizer ( I was using complete comfort cream from Mac) I do like this moisturizer its light but i feel that it moisturizes my skin ,it feels a bit oily at first but sinks right in it doesnt leave a oily feeling on my skin which I also like since my skin is combination ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Indykitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If you are getting breakouts from this product you are most likely using too much. I have oily zit prone skin and I use just the very tiniest bit of this after spraying my face with tea tree toner (also from lush) and rubbing it in with a cotton pad.

Its a light scented and wonderful moisturizer that doesn't make me break out or freak out my nose with an unpleasant overwhelming scent. I love it and when I run out I plan on purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first started using LUSH products in the summer of 2012 and used pretty much every face product they had. I was originally using Vanishing Cream but it was not moisturizing enough and seemed to make my skin feel very clogged. Since that summer I have parred down the number of products I use on my face EXPONENTIALLY. This is one of my standouts.

MY SKIN: I am a fairly pale gal in the winter, tanner in the summer. I am normal to combo, so I am more dry in the winter and a bit oilier in the summer. My skin is also quite sensitive and reacts to products it doesn't agree with by breaking out mostly along my forehead in a very rash-like fashion. I also break out from stress and that time of the month, or if I eat crappy food.

INITIAL IMPRESSION: After using Vanishing Cream for several months this seemed both thicker and thinner than Vanishing Cream. That seems really weird but it does! It was thicker in that the actual texture of the product is more creamy, less liquidy. But VC also started feeling very heavy on my poor skin and clogging it up. This did not give me this feeling at all and absorbed quite easily. I also quite enjoy the smell, very natural and orange-y.

RESULTS: So far, so good. This does not seem to aggravate my face and keeps my drier winter skin happy and hydrated without making my makeup melt off. We shall see how it fairs this coming summer.

The only real issue I have with this product is that LUSH claims that they are such a natural and organic brand and yet most of their products are based in parabens or some other out-dated chemical. As much as this ticks me off I will continue to purchase this as it is working for me and I support that LUSH does not test their products on animals and give back to those they buy their ingredients from.