April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ak1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVES IT!
I love that it's vegan.
Does what it says it does.
Perfect for day and night.
No extra moisturizer needed after first application and no need to blot throughout the day.
Smells nice.
Good price.
Packaging is fine.
My skin hasn't looked this good in YEARS!
Going to buy a new pot tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got this to add to my skin routine ,I use this after using my toner also from lush ,since i have combination skin the lady at Lush recommended this moisturizer ( I was using complete comfort cream from Mac) I do like this moisturizer its light but i feel that it moisturizes my skin ,it feels a bit oily at first but sinks right in it doesnt leave a oily feeling on my skin which I also like since my skin is combination ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Indykitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If you are getting breakouts from this product you are most likely using too much. I have oily zit prone skin and I use just the very tiniest bit of this after spraying my face with tea tree toner (also from lush) and rubbing it in with a cotton pad.

Its a light scented and wonderful moisturizer that doesn't make me break out or freak out my nose with an unpleasant overwhelming scent. I love it and when I run out I plan on purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first started using LUSH products in the summer of 2012 and used pretty much every face product they had. I was originally using Vanishing Cream but it was not moisturizing enough and seemed to make my skin feel very clogged. Since that summer I have parred down the number of products I use on my face EXPONENTIALLY. This is one of my standouts.

MY SKIN: I am a fairly pale gal in the winter, tanner in the summer. I am normal to combo, so I am more dry in the winter and a bit oilier in the summer. My skin is also quite sensitive and reacts to products it doesn't agree with by breaking out mostly along my forehead in a very rash-like fashion. I also break out from stress and that time of the month, or if I eat crappy food.

INITIAL IMPRESSION: After using Vanishing Cream for several months this seemed both thicker and thinner than Vanishing Cream. That seems really weird but it does! It was thicker in that the actual texture of the product is more creamy, less liquidy. But VC also started feeling very heavy on my poor skin and clogging it up. This did not give me this feeling at all and absorbed quite easily. I also quite enjoy the smell, very natural and orange-y.

RESULTS: So far, so good. This does not seem to aggravate my face and keeps my drier winter skin happy and hydrated without making my makeup melt off. We shall see how it fairs this coming summer.

The only real issue I have with this product is that LUSH claims that they are such a natural and organic brand and yet most of their products are based in parabens or some other out-dated chemical. As much as this ticks me off I will continue to purchase this as it is working for me and I support that LUSH does not test their products on animals and give back to those they buy their ingredients from.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bisco

I didn't care for the smell of this, and it wasn't beneficial for my skin at all. Generally speaking, I really enjoy lush. This moisturizer caused me to breakout though, and it really didn't balance out my skin. To be honest, it felt heavy, greasy, and slick. I really wanted to love it, but it just didn't work at all. I think it clogged my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by imnoreen

I really like the feel of the moisturizer once I apply it on my face. It moisturizes my face without having it feel super heavy and oily. I LOVE the fact that my face does not get oily after apply it. The only downside is that the price is pretty high, but I mean it does last long. It's February of 2013 right now and I bought this product on November and I still have a lot of it left! I guess it is worth your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only Lush moisturiser I like to use. It keeps my skin hydrated, doesn't cause break outs or make my skin excessively oily. The only thing I've noticed over the last year or so is that it feels like it sits on top of my skin and doesn't quite sink in, feels funny at times. I've also noticed the scent has changed a little and it's not quite as pink as it used to be (I've been using it for 6 years). I don't mind the smell, it's kind of like calamine lotion. My teenager uses it and his skin has improved, so I'd say it's a good all rounder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Only complaint is the smell and you eventually get used to it. I think it's a great product. I need help with moisture, especially during the colder months. I have been using this only a week and I see a difference in my skin. I feel like I have a bit of a glow when applying this. Plus, it is an all natural product. I will definitely purchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cream twice a day for about 2 months now, and am really enjoying it. I have combination skin with dry patches on the cheeks when the weather turns. Since fall is now here (and it was August when I bought this), I find that Imperialis really gives my skin a nice quenching drink when I put it on.

Being just over 30, I am starting to notice fine lines around my eyes and forehead, so wanted to try something more moisturizing without making me break out. The formula feels silky when you apply it and my skin absorbs it after a little massage.

PROs:
-alleviates any tightness
-gives my skin a dewy look
-light but very moisturizing

CONs:
-packaging (signature black container) is not my fav. Kind of cheap
-not a great smell, but it is okay. Lush calls it a "lavender cream" but I don't think it smells like lavender, but a weird, herbal rose like scent.
-pricey at $24 for 1.5oz.

I like this product enough to purchase again. It hasn't made me break out and I love how supple my skin feels after using it. The only downside is whether or not I can afford buying it again... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

I wanted to reduce the number of chemicals I was using on my face so I decided to give Lush a try. They suggested Imperialis for my combo skin and for the most part, it seems to work well - doesnt break me out and keeps most of the dry spots happy.

Some mentioned feeling like it doesnt seem to sink in - i find that i put it on and then brush my teeth and then rub it in again and that makes it all sink in nicely. (I also use Angels on Bare Skin & Tea Tree Toner - dont know if that changes its effectiveness or not...)