NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Damned

4.5

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 6/2/2012 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

LOVE Damned! I wear it one of two ways: for a day look apply one light coat for a soft, stained lip.....its a very beautiful berry color that gives that just bitten look. For a night out you can make this lip very vampy, just apply two heavy coats! i like to apply a 3rd around the outer border of my lips as liner to add depth and dimension. If you're feeling super fancy try MAC plushglass in Oversexed overtop for a OHHH LA LA lip!

on 3/25/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love the color, love the formula, love the staying power.

Two quibbles:
1) the lid seems very loose. I keep the pencil in its box, because I can totally see the lid slipping off in my bag.

2) this is not a great color if you're teeth need whitening. Its a beautiful color, but after wearing it the first time, I went out and bought the Crest advanced white stripes. Now that my teeth are much, much whiter, it's a great color, but be warned. This is not a red that make your teeth whiter, much the opposite.

on 12/20/2011 1:11:00 PM

I love love love NARS lip pencils. First off, I should say that I ALWAYS apply a teeny bit of lipbalm to my lips before applying any kind of color. Just habit I guess.

Anyway, what I love about NARS pencils overall is the formulation. It is only somewhat creamy, but always very matte (which is the look I like). I like these because when you apply them, they can almost look more like a stain (but unlike those other 'lip stains', you don't have to deal with the dryness).

I like to apply a bit of the pencil color to my lips, and then I blend it in with the pad of a finger, blotting it and simultaneously smudging along the edges. Even when the actual 'lipstick' wears off, there still remains a bit of colored 'stain' on your lips.

It's very long lasting and gives your lips a very 'rich' type of color.

The ONLY downside is that I've found that, over time, the cover will start to loosen up or develop a crack along the side, and so sometime the cover will fall off in my makeup bag.

As for this color Damned, it gives me (caucasian) lips a sort of deep mauve color.

BONUS POINT!!! I just discovered that...you can also use this for cheek color! Today I forgot to put blush on so I thought 'what the heck...might as well give it a try?" And for those who know this pencil, it's like a thick cream. So I figured it would go on my cheek like a cream blush, and so it did! It almost acted like a cheek stain when I rubbed it in, which is similar to what I do for my lips as well. After applying this to my lips I smudge it with the pad of a finger.

So when you're in a pinch so to speak....;-) ...this can double as blush!

on 10/14/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shade had me obsessed. It got so bad that I was on Google looking at pictures or any video I could find. I saw it on Rachel Zoe as well as a Vogue intern, and came to a final decision to buy it. I had to have it. It's this unusual magenta berry, and the matte velvet texture makes it soft and comfortable. It's not for everyone, but if you love a chic and bold matte lip then it's for you. Lips have to be in excellent condition for a matte shade. That's the only con, besides the price. It's pricey for a lip pencil of this size. You just can't find NARS shades in other brands though. If anyone knows a dupe, please message me. I haven't found one in any other lip pencils, lipsticks, or lipstick pencils.

on 10/1/2011 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This lip pencil is perfect.

I absolutely love the color -- rich berry magenta. Can be very dramatic if that's what you like, but I like to sheer it out for a beautiful stain. (I just apply over a generous layer of balm and it almost does the work itself.) :D So great for fall.

The texture of the pencil is really smooth and easy to apply, but it can be sort of drying. I don't mind because the color is pretty long-lasting, and if you just use some balm or light gloss it's not uncomfortable to wear at all.

My favorite thing about this pencil is that it somehow feels very low maintenance. I don't know what it is about the pencil form, but for some reason I find it a lot easier to apply than a traditional lipstick. Maybe because I can also line with this? I'm not sure, but yet another reason to love it. <3

EDIT 10/13 -- had my first experience with the cap falling off in my bag :'c Thankfully the point didn't break off, but I did get little bits of the pencil on everything in that pocket. Have to make sure you really push the cap down, I guess.

on 4/8/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really love this red as I was looking for a red matte color that had blue undertones. I originally bought Red Lizard semi matte lipstick from Nars but it didnt have enough blue in it for me. So I bought this lined my lips first with Damned and then filled my lips with Red Lizard and I love the combo. Alone, damned is little to dark. But the combo of the two give me the color that I was going for.

Of course, Nars is expensive. I dont like pencils that I have to use a sharpener with. I prefer automatic. The packaging is fine.

I really like how smooth it goes on and the matte finish. Exactly what I was looking for. Good Job again Nars

on 1/26/2011 5:52:00 PM

i wanted to like this. i like how it swatched- deep cool-toned crimson- but on my pigmented lips it somehow transformed into fuschia/magenta-ness, which is not my thing. also i had a hard time getting the matte color to look ok- endless cycles of balm, blot, color, blot, balm, color, blot blot blot- but couldn't figure it out.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color. I have been on a search for the perfect red lipstick and after 1 year of searching, I finally found one that doesn't make my lips look orange or too pink. This is the perfect shade for medium skin tones. Its creamy consistency isn't drying like most matte lipsticks. It actually keeps my lips moisturized. The color stays true the whole time. The packaging is great. I was a little hesitant to purchase b/c of the price, but I think it's great at $24 USD considering you don't have to purchase an additional lip pencil. It sharpens well and will definitely last a while. Nars, you got me hooked on Damned! I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/2/2009 6:54:00 PM

I love the matte look. This is a beautiful creamy matte dark red lip crayon. Its the perfect red not too orange. The color makes you look so sexy. Get it you wont be disappointed

on 5/12/2009 12:16:00 PM

Similar to AFGHAN RED . Fantastic and convenient. Will buy again if it gets over .I am sure the one I have will last me a long time though.Great on mediun complexions.

Popular Lipsticks