August 21, 2014 | 958 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Mario Badescu - Olive Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by helenesq

I totally agree with the reviewer who said that this is like putting lip gloss on your eyelids. You might as well use vaseline instead of this. This is waaaayyy too greasy and would melt any makeup you might put on. Thus, it would be more appropriate as a night eye cream but only if you have the driest skin in the universe. Otherwise, would not recommend it for the general public.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

I agree with other reviewers that this is too emollient for daytime use. Requested a sample with a product offer (free shipping special). Very nice product...I am really loving this whole product line right now ... very effective and well priced.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on the fence about this one.... This eye cream is very thick, and almost seems like an ointment- I guess the olive oil makes it feel greasy. It just depends on what you like. I like it b/c it is really moisturizing but I honestly don't know how this could ever go on under makeup. Even with a small amount. No big deal. I just use it at night. I do know that it does nothing for puffiness at least on me. It softens the eye area and is a simple cream that was not too expensive. I have been back and forth between this one and another, so I guess I need to use this one by itself for a while and then update.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yeah... I love it!
Even though they do recommend this one especially for nigh use..I use this both in the morning & evening.
It makes my skin so soft and believe me girls, my eyes look as they have been sleeping 24 hours without wake-up. Of course I would buy this again but I 'm really considering to buy another eye cream from MB for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this product! But I already knew I would, I love anything with Olive in it. It makes my skin around my eyes feel soft and makes my lashes stronger and longer. It is so thick and heavy too, so you only need the littlest bit of it. Again, the only thing I don't like it the container because I HATE stuff I have to put my fingers in. Besides that, its LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by dmajor99999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes well under makeup, and reduces the apperance of wrinkles. Much better than the more expensive EL and Clarins!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, the long search is over: I have found my holy grail nighttime eye cream. After two weeks of use, Mario Badescu's Olive Eye Cream has quickly become my favorite product of the past year. The packaging is nothing fancy (it IS MB after all), but the product inside is invaluable. It is a thick, smooth balm with a consistency somewhere between Smith's Rosebud Salve and more typical liquid-like creams. Don't let this freak you out, though- the thickness means that the cream sticks to your eye area, moisturizing all night long.

In just two weeks, the Olive Eye Cream has given my under-eye area a completely new texture. I tend to have problems with dryness and slight crepey-ness (no major wrinkles), but this product has plumped and firmed that away.

I don't think I'll ever be without this again, and at $18 for half an ounce, I don't think anyone else should afford to be without it, either. It's cheaper than Olay, for goodness' sake.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Ilyse77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to get this product after the great reviews. Unfortunately it irritated my eyes as well. I was rubbing them all night and woke up with an allergic reaction. There must be an ingredient in it that I am sensitive to. Same with their Hyaluronic eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by fifitrixiebelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does seem to be very moisturizing, which is what I need; however, I can only use it at night. It does not sink in all the way, but remains oily on top of my skin. Also, if it gets in my eyes, my eyes become fuzzy and mildly irritated for a long time, doesn't go away until I wash my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by irinan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The cream irritated my eyes. I cannot stop rubbing my eyelids in the morning after I used this cream at night. I tried many, many different eye creams and this cream is one of the only few giving me this bad reaction.