Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream

4.2

Ingredients: Vegetable Oil,Deionized Water, Olive Oil,Carnation Oil, Beeswax,Quaternium-60,Isopropyl Myristate, Cocoa Butter,Cetyl Alcohol,Propylparaben,Sodium Benzoate,Imidazolidinyl Urea 5/20/09

on 11/3/2009 7:24:00 AM

I have never been so eager to use an eye cream in my life! I love this eye cream- it is SO moisturizing, rich, thick and long-lasting. I am tired of thin eye creams that sink in after 5 minutes. I need a cream to keeps my eyes plumped up overnight... I don't want wrinkles there! This really does the job. Lovely texture too.
The label does say it is "ideal for night use" so I don't think people should be complaining that it doesn't suit the daytime. Does not give me milia!

The product claims to soften up the skin around the eye area, moisturize it, and reduce wrinkles. I haven't been using it long enough to comment on reducing wrinkles, but it has definitely softened up the skin around my eyes. My eyes also feel far less dry and tired with this cream.

The ingredients are only a huge bonus. :) I love Mario Badescu products for this very reason.

All of these ingredients are rated incredibly low on the scale of toxicity (cosmeticsdatabase.com). Except for Imidazolidinyl Urea and Propylparaben which are there for anti-viral and anti-bacterial purposes. Be careful not to swallow the product!! ;)

Note- Cetyl Alcohol is not the type of alcohol you have to worry about. It is harmless on your skin. It is not really a liquid, but more of a waxy-like solid at room temperature.

BTW, I find the packaging not so hygienic. I hate dipping my fingers into skincare products so what I do is use a new cotton bud/swab each time! Yup... I'm a huge germaphobe.

FINALLY AN EYE CREAM THAT I LIKE!!!

Hope this review helped!

on 8/3/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i bought this about six months ago based on reviews here. at that time it was rated quite highly. this is definitely a NIGHT cream. i am pleased with this product. when i remember to apply it at bedtime on a regular basis my eyes are much smoother. however, whenever i apply it during the day it melts onto my glasses and smudges them. i would buy this again as a night cream

on 5/29/2009 7:59:00 PM

I totally agree with the reviewer who said that this is like putting lip gloss on your eyelids. You might as well use vaseline instead of this. This is waaaayyy too greasy and would melt any makeup you might put on. Thus, it would be more appropriate as a night eye cream but only if you have the driest skin in the universe. Otherwise, would not recommend it for the general public.

on 5/29/2009 9:24:00 AM

I agree with other reviewers that this is too emollient for daytime use. Requested a sample with a product offer (free shipping special). Very nice product...I am really loving this whole product line right now ... very effective and well priced.

on 5/4/2009 10:20:00 PM

I am on the fence about this one.... This eye cream is very thick, and almost seems like an ointment- I guess the olive oil makes it feel greasy. It just depends on what you like. I like it b/c it is really moisturizing but I honestly don't know how this could ever go on under makeup. Even with a small amount. No big deal. I just use it at night. I do know that it does nothing for puffiness at least on me. It softens the eye area and is a simple cream that was not too expensive. I have been back and forth between this one and another, so I guess I need to use this one by itself for a while and then update.

on 4/24/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Yeah... I love it!
Even though they do recommend this one especially for nigh use..I use this both in the morning & evening.
It makes my skin so soft and believe me girls, my eyes look as they have been sleeping 24 hours without wake-up. Of course I would buy this again but I 'm really considering to buy another eye cream from MB for daily use.

on 4/5/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I really love this product! But I already knew I would, I love anything with Olive in it. It makes my skin around my eyes feel soft and makes my lashes stronger and longer. It is so thick and heavy too, so you only need the littlest bit of it. Again, the only thing I don't like it the container because I HATE stuff I have to put my fingers in. Besides that, its LOVE.

on 2/27/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Goes well under makeup, and reduces the apperance of wrinkles. Much better than the more expensive EL and Clarins!

on 2/18/2009 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, the long search is over: I have found my holy grail nighttime eye cream. After two weeks of use, Mario Badescu's Olive Eye Cream has quickly become my favorite product of the past year. The packaging is nothing fancy (it IS MB after all), but the product inside is invaluable. It is a thick, smooth balm with a consistency somewhere between Smith's Rosebud Salve and more typical liquid-like creams. Don't let this freak you out, though- the thickness means that the cream sticks to your eye area, moisturizing all night long.

In just two weeks, the Olive Eye Cream has given my under-eye area a completely new texture. I tend to have problems with dryness and slight crepey-ness (no major wrinkles), but this product has plumped and firmed that away.

I don't think I'll ever be without this again, and at $18 for half an ounce, I don't think anyone else should afford to be without it, either. It's cheaper than Olay, for goodness' sake.

on 2/14/2009 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited to get this product after the great reviews. Unfortunately it irritated my eyes as well. I was rubbing them all night and woke up with an allergic reaction. There must be an ingredient in it that I am sensitive to. Same with their Hyaluronic eye cream.