Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream

4.2

Ingredients: Vegetable Oil,Deionized Water, Olive Oil,Carnation Oil, Beeswax,Quaternium-60,Isopropyl Myristate, Cocoa Butter,Cetyl Alcohol,Propylparaben,Sodium Benzoate,Imidazolidinyl Urea 5/20/09

on 12/14/2010 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this cream - it's exactly what I was looking for. A simple hydrating eye cream. I'll admit, it's like putting lip balm on your eyes. But this was a plus for me in a way - my skin is really dry and tight and this helps hydrate and soften for longer than 5 minutes.

However, it's kind of making my eyes sting. I'm really disappointed. My eyes feels a little bit like when I cut up onions (but not that much but still...). I feel like my eyes are red and teary.

I'm going to tough it a little longer though and see what happens. I had a eye pencil which used to have the same effect (MAC powerpoint) and my eyes eventually got use to it. I'll edit if it gets better.

Don't like the packaging much. Not keen on the MB pots.

Ah, such a shame. I'm gutted. :(

UPDATE: My eyes have gotten used to it after a little while so I've upped the score to 4. But I am careful not to put it too close to my eyes though. It's been very useful lately, my eyes have been very dry and irritated.

I've also noticed something pretty cool - I use MAC studio finish concealer on spots and imperfections, but I find it too thick for dark circles. BUT, with this eye cream, it is really good, with better finish than a lot of thinner concealers I've tried. Very excited about this. I've only tried it once, by accident. I'll give this a try for a while and edit.

on 2/8/2010 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i love the texture and it absorbed well. best use is for at night for me. a bit too thick for daytime use. all you need is a tiny bit. this jar will last me forever!!!

on 11/18/2009 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love love love this stuff. I bought this as a recommendation from another MUA'er because my eyelids were so dry they were actually flaking. Eyeshadow is my passion and I was starting to get depressed because nothing looked good anymore... I couldn't even use my regular concealer to cover my dark circles because it would just kinda clump up and flake off after about an hour. I tried tons of stuff, from regular facial moisturizers to eye-specific creams but found very quickly that I have very very sensitive eyes, everything I tried made me wake up in the morning with my eyes swollen almost shut. This stuff has never caused a bad reaction (and I really slather it on) and after about 3 days of use my eye area was completely back to normal. The first week I did develop a very very small stye on my upper water line but it went away after a few days and hasn't returned since. The cream is very thick and is basically oil, so I go to bed with shiny eyes every night. It stays very well, when I wake up in the morning my eyelids still feel slightly oily but very moisturized. Love it! Will definitally be re-ordering. Oh yeah, and they give u great samples!! You get to pick any 3 products you want and the samples are very generously sized.

on 11/3/2009 7:24:00 AM

I have never been so eager to use an eye cream in my life! I love this eye cream- it is SO moisturizing, rich, thick and long-lasting. I am tired of thin eye creams that sink in after 5 minutes. I need a cream to keeps my eyes plumped up overnight... I don't want wrinkles there! This really does the job. Lovely texture too.
The label does say it is "ideal for night use" so I don't think people should be complaining that it doesn't suit the daytime. Does not give me milia!

The product claims to soften up the skin around the eye area, moisturize it, and reduce wrinkles. I haven't been using it long enough to comment on reducing wrinkles, but it has definitely softened up the skin around my eyes. My eyes also feel far less dry and tired with this cream.

The ingredients are only a huge bonus. :) I love Mario Badescu products for this very reason.

All of these ingredients are rated incredibly low on the scale of toxicity (cosmeticsdatabase.com). Except for Imidazolidinyl Urea and Propylparaben which are there for anti-viral and anti-bacterial purposes. Be careful not to swallow the product!! ;)

Note- Cetyl Alcohol is not the type of alcohol you have to worry about. It is harmless on your skin. It is not really a liquid, but more of a waxy-like solid at room temperature.

BTW, I find the packaging not so hygienic. I hate dipping my fingers into skincare products so what I do is use a new cotton bud/swab each time! Yup... I'm a huge germaphobe.

FINALLY AN EYE CREAM THAT I LIKE!!!

Hope this review helped!

on 8/3/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i bought this about six months ago based on reviews here. at that time it was rated quite highly. this is definitely a NIGHT cream. i am pleased with this product. when i remember to apply it at bedtime on a regular basis my eyes are much smoother. however, whenever i apply it during the day it melts onto my glasses and smudges them. i would buy this again as a night cream

on 5/29/2009 7:59:00 PM

I totally agree with the reviewer who said that this is like putting lip gloss on your eyelids. You might as well use vaseline instead of this. This is waaaayyy too greasy and would melt any makeup you might put on. Thus, it would be more appropriate as a night eye cream but only if you have the driest skin in the universe. Otherwise, would not recommend it for the general public.

on 5/29/2009 9:24:00 AM

I agree with other reviewers that this is too emollient for daytime use. Requested a sample with a product offer (free shipping special). Very nice product...I am really loving this whole product line right now ... very effective and well priced.

on 5/4/2009 10:20:00 PM

I am on the fence about this one.... This eye cream is very thick, and almost seems like an ointment- I guess the olive oil makes it feel greasy. It just depends on what you like. I like it b/c it is really moisturizing but I honestly don't know how this could ever go on under makeup. Even with a small amount. No big deal. I just use it at night. I do know that it does nothing for puffiness at least on me. It softens the eye area and is a simple cream that was not too expensive. I have been back and forth between this one and another, so I guess I need to use this one by itself for a while and then update.

on 4/24/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Yeah... I love it!
Even though they do recommend this one especially for nigh use..I use this both in the morning & evening.
It makes my skin so soft and believe me girls, my eyes look as they have been sleeping 24 hours without wake-up. Of course I would buy this again but I 'm really considering to buy another eye cream from MB for daily use.

on 4/5/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I really love this product! But I already knew I would, I love anything with Olive in it. It makes my skin around my eyes feel soft and makes my lashes stronger and longer. It is so thick and heavy too, so you only need the littlest bit of it. Again, the only thing I don't like it the container because I HATE stuff I have to put my fingers in. Besides that, its LOVE.