October 2, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mimi2811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By far the best gel eyeliner I've used. I've used many different brands - NARS, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, Smashbox and I always come back to this. It lasts a long time on my oily eyelids and I'd great for tightlining too! I also have it in dipdown but tend to reach for blacktrack more.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lmnopaige

I have oily lids and even if I prime well, my wings slide down my face within a few hours of being outside in humidity or heat. It also gets clumpy way too easily and I never left it out for more than the time it took me doing my makeup. I never did understand the hype around this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ColourMeSomeMakeUp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best gel liner by far! I am on my 4th jar. Easy to apply (I use Make up Store eye liner brush 102), it's real black, not greyish black. It has the perfect consistency. Love this and will purchase over and over.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by beppykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this product. I want to love it because other people do, and I like MAC. However, I don't feel like it's the best eyeliner I could ever come across.

When I get black eyeliner, I want it to be as dark as the depths of the ocean--the areas that we haven't even reached yet. So damn black, you look at me and think "Wow she a bad bitch." With this, I have to layer it with another liner just to get a "Wow your liner is on point." If I ONLY use this liner (keeping in mind I have very fair skin), I may occasionally get a "Your liner looks nice." Not enough for me. Unless you heavily coat your brush, it often comes off kinda smoky looking. Sometimes I like that, but most work days when I don't have the energy to do my eyeshadow, I want a clean, crisp cat eye and it can be a pain to do with this alone.

Also, the product does stay on pretty well although I wouldn't say it doesn't smudge AT ALL throughout the day. Maybe if you prime super well, but if you're a basic chick like me and can't afford to get more primer until your next pay check, then you're gonna have to deal with some smudge.

The texture is nice and buttery if my MAC angle brush is completely clean and dry (still not dark enough though). If I have used my brush even once without cleaning it again (although I always brush the excess off my brush every day on a towel), the product feels pretty dry and it's hard to apply smoothly. Kinda sucks that I have to clean my brush with soap and water daily for this liner to apply like butter. Maybe I'm just asking for too much, though. I tend to do that.

My favorite way to use this liner thus far is by going over what I've done with my Stila liquid eyeliner pen. I have grandma hands that shake pretty badly, so I'm still trying to get my liquid eyeliner pen game down, and the MAC gel liner helps because if I mess up it generally doesn't show since the product doesn't stay on the brush for long. Also, layering them helps because I like the matte finish of the MAC gel and I also get that super dark black line that I love.

So overall, I'd say to just try it for yourself and see how you feel. It's not a bad product by any means, but if you're pale like me and want your liner super f'in black without having to layer, you likely won't be a huge fan. I definitely am going to buy it again though when I run out, so it's worth a rebuy from a picky eyeliner girl.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After some time I still go to this eyeliner frequently. Doesn´t smudge, stays all day and it has a very good pay-off color. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by soyyomonica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love love love it! The best of the best. Stays on from morning to night without smudging! Go buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

to get this to work you have to have the right brush. one that wont be fluffy after usage

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner because it is very versatile and its not a pen or something that comes with an applicator, so you can do a lot of shapes with it.
I have mine over an year and it didn't dry out like many others have. I've purchased this one because of that actually, after reading a lot of makeup blogs some of them talked about how this gel eyeliner didn't dry with time, like others did.
That is why i choose this one over the others and for me it's going strong, with the same aspect when new.
It doesn't fade or smudges, very long lasting. Actually it is pretty hard to get it off! Hahaha.
About its color i have to say that it depends mostly on the tool that you're using.
I use it with RT brush that comes with the starter set and works wonders for me!
It is black, very pigmented, i don't have to make layers to get the blackest track. Just one time and that's it.
I would recommend it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MissNananana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Horrible. Mine dried out after a few months. The worst part is when it dries and you try to apply it to your eyes, it crumbles. So you get specks of black crap stuck in your eyeballs. NOT fun when you wear contacts. My eye turned a bloody red after some got caught in my contacts. I'm throwing this away and will stick to my pen liners.

It worked fine in the first few weeks but if that's all it's good for, it's not worth the price. Plus it smudges no less than other liners out there. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Alihus85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner to use. It doesn't smudge or run even in the water line. I love the smooth consistency. Lasts me for years. Applies best with a fresh clean brush. I use the angel brush.