Almay Intense i-Color Blue

3.0

on 8/29/2009 2:49:00 AM

I would agree with the previous reviewer in that I found nothing special about this product. It doesn't do anything that a mascara should. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 8/25/2009 3:38:00 AM

This was nothing special. It made my blues a little darker which I did not like at all. It was quite clumpy and messy also.

on 6/23/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara beats out any other I’ve tried in quite a while! One day, I applied Almay to my left lash and my favorite Clinique mascara to my right. At the end of the day, the Almay wore way better. No, the blue hue is not very noticeable. But I was recently at a very fancy, high end beauty store which sold a $35 mascara that touted the ability to make your eyes look whiter, because their formula was “just blue enough” to trick the eye into thinking the eyes were whiter. It was the same color as this shade of Almay! I know, I tested that high-end stuff, too. This Almay mascara wears as well as a waterproof. I cried for over an hour wearing this stuff and had NO smudges afterward. I know, tragic, but at least this stuff really works.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My HG mascara. Great color (if you are into not-so-noticeable colored mascara). Doesn't clump, and builds up to very nice volume. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

on 5/15/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Well, I will say one thing for this mascara: I like the fact that it had a slightly blue tint. It is interesting, but dark enough so that it wasn't too "out there" and strange. Other than that, it wasn't the best mascara I have ever tried. I bought this because I love Almay's hypoallergenic products. I have sensitive skin their products don't seem to irritate it. This mascara was no exception. It was, however, very clumpy and flaky. It didn't do much for my lashes or eye color either. I did get compliments due to the interesting color, though. I wouldn't recommend this product.

on 5/1/2008 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in hopes of bringing out the blue in my teal colored eyes and was quite disappointed. I've used Almay's Intense I-color Emerald Green and love it so I expected the same results. It lengthens very very well, but clumps badly. The blue color as others have said is not that strong. On the wand it looks very navy blue, but on your lashes it's more of a bluish black.I believe I'm going to just stick to Almay's Emerald Green :) I will not be buying this again.

on 3/21/2008 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well this was the biggest waste of money I ever spent... this stuff is so dry and it barely if at all looks blue.... its just total junk it clumped my lashes all up and just plain straight up sucked .... a good alternative thats cheap is maybelline great lash in blue.... since Maybelline ultra lash is discontinued :(

on 1/6/2008 11:48:00 PM

As a mascara this is good-average. It enhances my lashes but doesn't add much volume or thickness and doesn't smudge or clump either.

The quite scary, very-blue-on-the-wand mascara does not show up on my light lashes. It looks dark brown or soft black perhaps.

I like many of Almay's Bring Out/ Play Up liners and love their purple mascara but this subtle blue just doesn't offer anything special color wise. It doesn't enhance my eye color like the purple mascara. While I'm glad it isn't garish blue, it just isn't useful for me. I'd suggest this for those with light brown or hazel eyes-- the subtle contrast may create a pretty look. continued >>

on 10/14/2007 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a big mascara wearer (but that doesn't mean I'm not a major buyer, lol). I've tried 'em all and then some, and this one I picked up on a whim, wanting to grab a blue mascara for fun.
Well, I have blond eyelashes, and basically w/o mascara I look like a boiled egg.
These really make my lashes fan out and you can't really detect the blue (definitely not your mom's 80's blue mascara). It just makes my eyes pop a bit, and the lashes look (and feel) very luscious and well defined.
Makes me want to try the emerald and plum shades as well. ;)

on 4/29/2007 9:57:00 PM

blue mascara? its nice if you like that kind of thing. I didnt use it very much, it was okay mascara but I didnt like the blue

Popular Mascaras