September 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Moisturizers - Vaseline - Deep Moisture Creamy Formula

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where has this been all my life? I have dry skin in general and extremely dry hands, and I live in the desert. Not a good combo. I'm always on the hunt for something that will effectively moisturize my skin, and this is it. Every night, I apply it over my usual Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream to lock in the moisture, paying special attention to my cuticles, then rub any excess on my elbows. The results are pretty amazing--moisturized, younger-looking hands overnight without having to wear gloves. It's perfect for dry shins, feet, even facial skin (applied sparingly). And I love the no-fussiness about it--a simple flip-top tube, a faint, pleasant scent, and not much greasiness left behind. And it's cheap. I found it at Target after failing at CVS and Walgreen's, and bought multiple tubes. What a great, simple product!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Love love love this. Dirt dirt cheap. Doesn't break me out or aggravate my rosacea. SUPER MOISTURIZING. In the winter, I put this on my face at night with a layer of argan oil underneath and I wake up with baby soft skin. DO NOT FEAR THE PETROLATUM! LOL

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pixiesmom10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! And I live in hot, dry, dry Vegas! I like to pat a thin, thin layer under my eyes and on other areas that are prone to dryness, like my neck. Wonderful stuff and so cheap!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by PolskaBlondynka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I just got this because of the dry skin I have after my night time medication. For now I am testing it out on my chin just to make sure it does not break me out. I love it already. I love creamy, heavy moisturizer that isn't too oily --- this is perfect. It's moisturizing and it gets the job done. No scent, nothing. I love that it is is infused with Vitamin E. It works great under my eyes before I apply concealer -- it leaves the area nice and dewy throughout the day. I pray to God I can use this all over my face but for now I am just testing it out -- being safe.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by erindrennan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been having trouble with my dry skin forever. I have had this in my drawer for use on my hands. I decided to use this on my face and holy cow! My skin looks so good...it hasn't looked this good in over ten years. I don't have to wear makeup it looks that good. It has help clear redness and my pores have shrunk. I was having problems finding makeup that would last on my skin, within a few hours makeup would disappear. Well, my poor skin was drinking in whatever it could for moisture. I now have a very simple skin routine and my skin looks great without makeup and the makeup I thought wasn't working now looks amazing. You gotta love it when the solution is something so simple and inexpensive.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by karianaforero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have seborrheic dermatitis, oily acne prone and sensitive skin on my face. so you can imagine how difficult it is to find a good moisturizer for hydration. I totally love this lotion, I dont think i have ever loved as much as I do with this lotion. I put it on at night and layer it with aquaphor. it works great.
i had to learn on my own and i have spent hundreds of dollars with lots of trial and errors. who could have imagine that something so cheap could work that well?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by L7997

Randomly picked this up on vacation when i was a teenager. I didn't like it back then, but at that time i was new to tazorac and skincare routines. i also had oilier skin, which has evened out.

it's been a few years and i had this tube in storage. couldn't bring myself to toss it after i saw the reviews here. it may even be expired.

the reason i'm reusing it is because cetaphil cream was breaking me out, so i decided to try olay's beauty lotion, which was horrible. i randomly used this, and am pleased i did:

- i have combination skin, and i'm prone to closed comedones. i'm taking tazorac cream and spironolactone to maintain breakouts.

-the texture is light, thicker than lotion, but not entirely cream. it's a fluffy sort of cream, and easy to apply.

-once applied, it take a few mins to sink in entirely. but i don't feel as if there's a heavy weight on my face. skin feels comforted, and any peeling or flaking is covered up.

-has a light smell, but doable. i personally cannot handle strong scents. it will pass after the moisturizer fully absorbs.
i can't put this on my lips though, because then i start tasting what i smell.

-I like using this even though it's summer. then again, i stay in an air conditioned room for the most part. this may be even better in the winter, but who knows.

Conclusion: i am relying on this right now, and i like it. i will buy again.
**EDIT**
I changed the rating from 4 to 2.
I realized in the heat, when i stayed out, that the sweat wouldn't perspire normally. for instance, the sweat would adhere to my skin.
after a couple of hours my face is pretty oily. compared to cetaphil cream this is much worse.
i also find that i'm breaking out in closed comedones.

Conclusion: when it's winter and the weather is harsher this may prove to be useful, but i don't wish to use this again because i feel that i will still look oily and will be prone to breaking out. as for my body, i prefer using baby oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by oldjuicythewhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this one morning on my way to work after running out of my Vichy Balm. It soothes the after effects of Retin-A by laying down a barrier on skin.
I work in a very very cold environment (40 degrees F) and I need something to protect and soothe.
This makes a suitable substitute for cocoa butter, shea butter, my Vichy Balm or any kind of oil. The reason I like it more is because it is cheap, easy to find, it smells great, and it doesn't clog me or break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Two words, broke out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Skin - Normal to dry, drier in the winter with flakes and dry spots, occasional acne
* Review - I discovered this creamy version of Vaseline only recently and honest to goodness, where has this been all of my life? Iíve always been a fan of good ole-fashioned Vaseline but this creamy formula Vaseline is even better. Itís not greasy / oily at all, it absorbs quickly and it does the job marvelously. Works like a charm on dry skin, dry hands and when I apply it on my face; my skin feels like it is baby soft again. Nothing feels more satisfying than having pillow-soft lips after applying this creamy formula on my lips. I wish this would also come in a lip balm size version, it would be so perfect for on the go lip moisture!
* Cons - Unfortunately, this is not available here in Belgium or anywhere in the EU.
* Verdict - This is truly my HG all-around moisturizer and using it has made a dramatic, significant difference in my skin. I will happily repurchase forever. Highly recommended.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No