October 24, 2014 | 1159 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Diamond Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

This is one of the most gorgeous loose pigments i have ever seen. I'm a sucker for shimmer and sparkle! It really gives the look and feel of a diamond touch. I'm crazy about these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this stuff is absolutely gorgeous... if youre looking for finely milled glitter with MEGA WATT sparkle this product is HG material... except for one thing..

if youre considering buying the #'s 2 and 4 do yourself a huge favor and save your $24 (ea.), and buy MAC's reflects gold (#2) and reflects bronze (#4) instead, as they are DEAD ON dupes of these two colors... they also have dupes for #9 (reflects very pink) and #6 (reflects blue), but i have not seen these together in person so i dont know how much of a difference there is between them, if at all... for almost half the price youll get at least 4x the product, which just goes to show you that diamond powders are ridiculously over-priced..

now despite that... they do have some different colors to choose from than MAC's reflects glitters... im amped to try the violet, champagne and white/turquoise diamond powders out..

my only two complaints (and the reasons why i gave it 3 lippies out of 5) are 1, as i mentioned before, the price.. obviously this is an exorbitant amount considering how much product youre getting, what the competition offers, etc...

and 2, the packaging... glitter this finely milled should NOT come with sifters, because this is not like those loose e/s's where the particles kind of clump together, and you have to shake the jar for the product to go through the sifter.. all you need do is turn this thing upside down ONCE and when you open it the glitter is going to fly everywhere and get into all the little crevices in the screw top... also its sometimes difficult to close tightly, so if you keep it in a makeup bag it has the potential to be REALLY messy...

so that is yet another reason to go with MAC if they have the color youre looking for... no matter what, the lids that they have over the jars will stay in place, and unless you turn the jars over while open, you wont really have a mess on your hands...

all that being said... used sparingly you could possibly justify spending $24 on each jar, considering how incredibly gorgeous and sparkly they are, and how they have so many lovely colors... if youre looking for a subtle yet noticable glitter to spice up any look this product is worth trying out at least once

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I chose #15, it is a very nice shade and a totally different loose powder than anything else I've seen. The shimmers are multi coloured, you can see blues and reds, it looked a little chunky in the jar but from all the reviews I believed it would live up to the claim of its refined mill.

For my NC30 yellow undertone skin, this shade is a nice everyday tone which helps to define and enhance the natural contours of the eyelids. The multi coloured glitter did not look unnatural on the eyes at all.

Definitely keen to try other shades, and other MUFE eye products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something I could dust over my already finished eye makeup to give it a really pretty glittery finish for special occasions. I'd seen these Diamond Powders in Sephora before but always passed them up because they are so expensive. However, today I picked one up (#14 which is described as baby muave), put some on my finger, dabbed it on my lids and WOW. Instantly, it made my makeup look so incredibly glam. Like others have said, the entire rest of the afternoon I have been checking my eyes out in mirrors. There was little to no fall out (nothing a swipe of a tissue couldn't fix) and the staying powder over my eyeshadow is great. It adhered really nicely. I'm excited to use it for evenings or when I just feel like being pretty and sparkly. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by chuckmo

i'm not a much of a glitter wearer but wanted something subtle, i.e., not chunky, for special nights out and this stuff fits the bill. First off, the powder is very fine (as in not coarse) which i really like because there's nothing worse than getting chunks of glitter in your eyes. This products is great when used with MUFE Eye Seal - the glitter stays put without flaking all over my face. Also used a bit over my lip gloss for fun and it looked nice. It is costly for the tiny container but as glitters go this is the best i've tried. I bought #2 white with gold sparkles. Would like to try other colors - maybe the white with turquoise!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by icey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please see my review of MUFE eyeshadows for general comments.
I have #307 (Diamond Black). Long lasting, highly pigmented, easy to apply, easy to remove (basically perfect!)

My only problem is that the glitter tends to stick to the brush and not transfer onto my skin so I have to do a finger application but this is inconsequential compared to how amazing this product (and entire line) is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy crap, Batman - this stuff ROCKS!!!!! Got #4, the copper one, and for the love of all that is good in this world - I can't stop staring at myself when I wear this! I know $24 seems like a lot to pay, but I tell ya - this will last forever. In fact, I now *have* to get the White Turquoise and the White w/ Opalescent; these are THAT good! Yay!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by angielynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is hands down my favorite sparkle, glitter product. Someone described it as being like starts and that describes it perfectly. You can use this alone, for a more subtle look, or with something else, like a gel or one of those products that you can use to make eye-liners. Like others have mentions, it is small, but a little goes a long way. The little jars will last forever.

Some of them have color but I would not recommend using them as eyeshadow. This is first and foremost a glitter product.

I have a violet one, that is ok, but my favorite is white with turquoise shimmer, looks soooooo hot it is crazy. I have white with gold coming in the mail from Sephora, I am totally addicted to this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by leafsmother

When I used this on it's own it did nothing for me. When I used it with an eyeliner sealent however, I fell in love. It's the only glitter I can bear to use! It doesn't look tacky or over-the-top, has nice dimension, and the texture isn't chunky. Very very nice. Took off one lipstick for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Beckaroosy

I so wanted to love this product! I bought it in white mauve and loved the purple sparkles immediately. Unfortunately the glitter is so fine that once applied to my eyelids, it's barely noticable and ends up looking more like a shimmer than a glitter. Just not worth how much they charge for this. Most glitters are 1/4 of the cost of this so I think that I'll be sticking with theatrical glitters when I'm looking for a bit of glamour.