The Body Shop born lippy - strawberry

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Aroma, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Fragaria vesca (Strawberry Extract), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Linalool, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, CI 19140, CI 15850.

on 7/4/2013 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this lip balm for school (there was a no make up rule, but this was quite natural looking). High school seems like a long time ago but I found this pot a few weeks ago and it's practically empty so I must have really liked it.

The formula is quite thick but it doesn't feel cloggy on lips. I think I actually applied it over Vaseline just to lock in some extra moisture.

The smell is really strong but that didn't put me off. I really like the strawberry smell :)

I would buy it again since I really liked it, it's not expensive and to be honest, Body Shop hardly eve fails to impress anyway! I have this lip balm in Raspberry and the (discontinued) Cranberry Shimmer one, with gold bits in.

on 2/19/2013 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's an okay lip balm. The taste is a bit too strong, but I used it under my lipstick most of the times. When wearing alone, it doesn't last for long and it dries my lips a bit. Not a very good lip balm. I wouldn't purchase it again.

on 10/26/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i love this it smells so nice ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh packaging is good stays on for quite a while i only have to use a llittle bit tho but the price is so expensive for what it is and i just love the smell omgoshh :D i love it only thing i dont like is that you have to use your fingers to apply it apart from that i love it :L

on 8/26/2012 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am addicted to this lip gloss. Just about every time I step in the store, I must buy it. It smells so good you are tempted to eat it. It does initially moisturize, but it doesn't last that long. Its a shame because I really do love the smell and color.

on 8/16/2012 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about this except that I think pot lip glosses/balms are unsanitary :)

on 8/6/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

It smells and tastes DELICIOUS.

It gives my lips a faint tint of pinkish red. I adore its packaging except maybe the fact its a pot and can get unhygienic. But there are ways around that. Not the most hydrating lip pot but it depends on how chapped your lips get. It really works for me. I can't wait to try other flavours.

on 2/28/2012 10:22:00 PM

Heavenly, delicious scent, adds a rosy tint of red to my lips but is more like a tinted jelly or gloss as it doesn't help flakes or chapped lips. Works nicely over pre-moisturized lips though (:

on 1/30/2012 9:04:00 AM

I found the packaging quite cute so i bought all the flavors. lol My fav has 2 be d strawberry lippy coz it smells heavenly.As for the product,it needs 2 be reapplied every now n den as its nt v hydrating.It comes in a tub which looks pretty cute bt i hate it wen i have to dig my fingers in2 it on d go.Thats d con abt it bt otherwise i would purchase it again 4 its incredible smell <3

My boyfriend loves it. What more can I say? ;)

on 12/26/2011 2:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

My new favourite lip product! I usually use Burt Bees and Vaseline but this is definitely the best one.

Pros:
- perfect touch of pink colour
- smells delicious!!
- leaves my lips feeling extremely soft and smooth
- not sticky

Cons:
- dries out somewhat quickly

Overall, it's the best lip product that I've used because of it's decent price ($15 for 5 CAD on a Christmas sale), cute packaging, smell (doesn't smell like fake strawberries because it's made with natural ingredients), moisturising effect, and colour.

Recommended for Medium Skin