July 30, 2014 | 1988 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes it much easier to get a thin, winged line with gel liner, but it still takes some practice. I prefer this over an angled brush for a gel, but I line quite frequently with just a dark shadow color and for that I use an angled brush.

MAC brushes are great quality and I haven't had shedding or loss of shape from washing, but they're quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Stiinuus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this pencil is good for applying gel or wet liners. Its easy too choose if you want the line too be thin or thick. The only downside is that its maybe a little bit too fat if you want a really thin line, but for me it works.
Sometimes it also gets kinda frizzy, but then you just have to wash it and the frizzyness goes away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Finally a tool that gives me the control I need with gel eyeliners. I went through the Bobbi Brown brush (useless, don't buy this) and the MAC 266 (good but hard to do a wing). This brush enables me to create the perfect wing and perfectly placed so I don't spend most of my time swabbing and correcting. It is a deceptively simple brush that is perfectly cut to do the job. Well worth the price since it will give you a fabulously professional finish in no time. And we're so into that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 209 is a good brush; it's just not the best for *me.*

I'm disabled, with the use of only one hand, so I have to line my left eye with my right hand.

Therefore, it is absolutely essential that I use makeup tools that will maximize my chances of success.

All that to say: The 209, while a really good brush, makes too thick of a line for me; I have trouble using it to get my liner right into the lashline. I prefer the 210 for a super thin line every time.

If you like a thicker line and/or are very deft with gel eyeliner, the 209 may work great for you.

However, if you prefer a brush that virtually cannot fail to give you a very thin line, the 210 may be your best choice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lalilulelo

it's my first MAC brush and it's great!
the only eyeliner that work for me is liquidlast, and unfortunately it has crappy brush so this brush really help
it's easy to work with, i'll surely repurchase again, but they say MAC's brush will last you 10 years or more with great care, so i hope i'll never need to buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great brush! I'm a bit clumsy and have trouble sometimes with applying eyeliner, so for over a year I've opted for Coastal Scents' bent eyeliner brush, so I could have a better view. I bought the 209 on a whim last week (taking advantage of MAC's free shipping), and I LOVE IT. I've put the CS brush up for swap!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have loved this brush for a long time. It a pretty good brush for applying eyeliner but lately I have been wanting a thinner, more precise eyeliner brush (maybe the 210). I find that this brush doesn't retain its shape too well and I am always super careful when I am washing my brushes so I don't wreck the bristles. The result of this is a clumsier looking line...not thick (which I like just as much as a thinner line) but clumsy. I tend not to use this brush with gel eyeliners any more. I will it occasionally to line with eyeshadow and find it works better for that purpose. It's a nice enough brush but it hasn't been a great long-term investment and is not perhaps the best choice if you like a precise application of liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This brush came w my tartan tale brush pk I don't use it for eyeliner but I do use it to apply eyeshadow to the waterline or close to the tear duct cause it's small enough fir those lil spaces ;) I prob won't buy again cause I don't use it enough

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was too thick for me, I prefer a thinner eyeliner line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Nicola82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to brush for fluidlines and wet pigments. Works really well and can get a lovely clean line right up close to the lashes. However, for pan eyeshadow, it's just that bit too soft to pick up well. I'd use the 266 for that. The 266 is probably easier for doing a winged look with too.