October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by icing78

I just recently switched from liquid liner to gel liner. I am Aisnan so my eyes look good with relatively thicker lines and wings at the end of my eyes. I have no problem using pointed tip but first tried angled brush that come with the liner. I didn't like it because the angled brush doens't control the curve very well. Then I got MAC210 for its pointed tip however, it was too thin so I need lots of strokes to get the final finished look. Finally I found MAC209, which works perfect for my purpose. and it feels harder than 209 so it is even easier to control. Definitely will repurchase if this one is broken but fortunately MAC's brushes last very long!:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Not my favorite, to be honest. I liked it for detail work before, but not so much now that I have a smaller, thinner, cheaper, and angled eyeliner brush.

It's a spare, one that I toss in my purse to touch up with. But not HG material, for sure. Very "meh".

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by LilyLester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush with the sole purpose of using it with a gel liner.
Its to BIG. Its really tricky to get a nice thin line with this brush.

However i do like it as a lip brush.
But i would not repurchase for eyeliner i would try the 210 as it is thiner.
Its a nice quality as with all mac brushes and i do like the brush just not for the purpose i pechased it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes it much easier to get a thin, winged line with gel liner, but it still takes some practice. I prefer this over an angled brush for a gel, but I line quite frequently with just a dark shadow color and for that I use an angled brush.

MAC brushes are great quality and I haven't had shedding or loss of shape from washing, but they're quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Stiinuus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this pencil is good for applying gel or wet liners. Its easy too choose if you want the line too be thin or thick. The only downside is that its maybe a little bit too fat if you want a really thin line, but for me it works.
Sometimes it also gets kinda frizzy, but then you just have to wash it and the frizzyness goes away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Finally a tool that gives me the control I need with gel eyeliners. I went through the Bobbi Brown brush (useless, don't buy this) and the MAC 266 (good but hard to do a wing). This brush enables me to create the perfect wing and perfectly placed so I don't spend most of my time swabbing and correcting. It is a deceptively simple brush that is perfectly cut to do the job. Well worth the price since it will give you a fabulously professional finish in no time. And we're so into that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 209 is a good brush; it's just not the best for *me.*

I'm disabled, with the use of only one hand, so I have to line my left eye with my right hand.

Therefore, it is absolutely essential that I use makeup tools that will maximize my chances of success.

All that to say: The 209, while a really good brush, makes too thick of a line for me; I have trouble using it to get my liner right into the lashline. I prefer the 210 for a super thin line every time.

If you like a thicker line and/or are very deft with gel eyeliner, the 209 may work great for you.

However, if you prefer a brush that virtually cannot fail to give you a very thin line, the 210 may be your best choice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lalilulelo

it's my first MAC brush and it's great!
the only eyeliner that work for me is liquidlast, and unfortunately it has crappy brush so this brush really help
it's easy to work with, i'll surely repurchase again, but they say MAC's brush will last you 10 years or more with great care, so i hope i'll never need to buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great brush! I'm a bit clumsy and have trouble sometimes with applying eyeliner, so for over a year I've opted for Coastal Scents' bent eyeliner brush, so I could have a better view. I bought the 209 on a whim last week (taking advantage of MAC's free shipping), and I LOVE IT. I've put the CS brush up for swap!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have loved this brush for a long time. It a pretty good brush for applying eyeliner but lately I have been wanting a thinner, more precise eyeliner brush (maybe the 210). I find that this brush doesn't retain its shape too well and I am always super careful when I am washing my brushes so I don't wreck the bristles. The result of this is a clumsier looking line...not thick (which I like just as much as a thinner line) but clumsy. I tend not to use this brush with gel eyeliners any more. I will it occasionally to line with eyeshadow and find it works better for that purpose. It's a nice enough brush but it hasn't been a great long-term investment and is not perhaps the best choice if you like a precise application of liner.